Hunters report in! It's time for Monster Hunter general!

Re: Hunters report in! It's time for Monster Hunter general!

Postby Bowserknight » March 7th, 2015, 8:58 pm

67 hours, HR 5.
I found out I misunderstood how changing your ace palico's forte works this whole time. Now I've got him learning stamina stuff so that I can be demon mode forever.
Also I did some of the downloadable stuff. I wanna get the patissiere armour from the episode quests, but Seregios is tough. I don't think I'm supposed to fight him yet.
I'm looking up the dual blades upgrade tree as well, and I guess I'll have to go back and fight some low rank guys again if I want some of this stuff. I guess it'll be cool to see how easy they are now.
Bowserknight

Postby ApaFox » March 7th, 2015, 11:26 pm

Bowserknight wrote:.
I'm looking up the dual blades upgrade tree as well, and I guess I'll have to go back and fight some low rank guys again if I want some of this stuff. I guess it'll be cool to see how easy they are now.

I looked up the light bowgun tree, there's a bunch of stuff I missed! Like this gun that rapid fires crag shots, that would have been useful earlier.

I gotta take this opportunity to expand my armory.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » March 8th, 2015, 7:47 am

Bowserknight wrote:67 hours, HR 5.

Oh god I'm 100+ hours now and still HR4 online while on Monoblos offline.

There's just so. Much. Shit to do. I know a lot of those hours are grinding and whatnot, (especially Magalas,) but this game seriously keeps shoveling Low Rank Caravan stuff at me no matter how much I hammer out in an attempt to be 100% complete with SOME section of the game. I beat Shaggy and got High Rank Caravan story and yet it's still dishing out tons of Low Rank stuff. Dah'ren, Kirin, Brachy, and looking at the Dex there's still Teostra, Akantor, Kushala, Rajaang, it's insane, it never ends!

I wanna move on with the game already but I just can't stop trying to be super completionist with Caravan stuff.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » March 9th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Damn, upgrading my guns are getting pricey... but I want the whole set!!

EDIT: WOO! I reached HR 6! Let's see watch the hunts will be li-
-Sees Hunt-a-thon quest of Stygian Zinogre, Azure Rathalos and bug couple-

The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » March 28th, 2015, 3:35 pm

Might as well post this here:

I actually didn't intend for us to make as many 3U episodes as we did, it was originally just gonna be a B-Sides episode featuring 2-3 different hunts or something, but we just kept playing, and just kept recording. Even though 4U's been out for a while now we've got one more to upload.

*EDIT*
And the final episode of our clumsy MH3U adventures:
Last edited by Seven Rain on March 30th, 2015, 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » March 28th, 2015, 9:50 pm

I've been making some progress. I'm HR 7 online, still haven't gotten a full armor set from that tier though. None of the skills really appeal to me. I've been sticking with my bunny suit that has evasion distance, but I take hits like tissue paper. I 'onno even thinking about mixing and matching the armor I still don't like the skills offered.

In story mode I beat NOT-Diablos... meh armor skills too... le sigh. The hunt continues.

EDIT: I had a mission fighting some kind of... you know, I mean not a big deal or any-GIANT KAIJU KI BLASTING SNAKE!!

Oh god... my heart was in my chest trying to get 1HKO'd.
The Deviantart Image
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Afrohawkman » May 31st, 2015, 12:56 pm

So...Monster Hunter X-Cross!

This looks pretty incredible though there's definitely some reused stuff here and there from MH4U. I'm really wondering what their mentality behind this is. While it looks fun and I definitely want to grab it because AW SHIT ULTIMATE ATTACKS, MH4U is still VERY fresh and they're still doing free DLC for this game. Maybe this is something not coming for a long time so they just wanted to mention it? Honestly it looks very good right now so I don't know how much work they have left. Either way, looks great. Can't wait to hear more, hopefully at E3 in just a few weeks!
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » May 31st, 2015, 2:29 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think of it. If it's like, a full-fledged game with as much content as a mainline game, I'm gonna be all over it, but I still have so much MH4U to play.
If it IS meant to be as big as a new mainline, hopefully they'll do an XG and localize that like they did with 3 and 4. That'd give us more time to finish off 4U and bring us yet another definitive version.
Spoiler! :
That gameplay is sexy, though. At first my purist side was cringing at the descriptions of the gameplay, but after seeing it in action I'm way down. It looks just flashy enough to feel fresh and over-the-top but doesn't seem to abandon MH's signature weight and heft in gameplay.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » June 1st, 2015, 12:05 pm

I'm really hoping they announce a Wii U port of either of the games to be honest. While I love the 3DS for on-the-go monster huntan, I love the look and feel of it on the big screen. 3U was fantastic and really got me into the MH scene so I'm hoping they do it again at some point on the Wii U.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » June 1st, 2015, 12:55 pm

Yeah, I'm always quietly hoping for a new console version, but to be brutally honest the chances are slim. The 3DS version of 3U sold like, 4.5 times the number of copies that the Wii U version did. (Going by VGChartz numbers here, that is.) And remember that portable gaming is gigantic in Japan. Numbers like that speak pretty loudly to Capcom.

*EDIT*
While this thread is alive; I've been getting back into MH4U. Mostly offline stuff, completionist time-wasting, etc. but DAT FUCKING JUNE DLC.
AC and DMC costumes for Felynes, Instructor weapons, the Nomura armors, got dayum. I gotta make some progress in this game, so much DLC stuff to do. I'll be down for multiplayer soon if I can put a nice big dent in the High Rank Caravan stuff.

*EDIT*
Aww yeah, one dead HR Khezu! Fuck those things, they're the bane of my MH4U existence. They're the only things I consistently have trouble with in this game so far. Shaggy and a few others are annoying and take some work to kill, but nothing makes me ragequit like Khezu.
I've discovered that a fire hammer works wonders, though, and it's very easy to knock them off the walls with simple knife attacks.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » July 17th, 2016, 8:12 pm

I'm bumping this thread because Monster Hunter Generations.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » July 17th, 2016, 9:03 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:I'm bumping this thread because Monster Hunter Generations.

I'm probably gonna break down and get it sometime this week. It'll be some time before I can hop online, though. Wanna get my bearings in single-player, and I'm trying harder and harder to not let games distract me from comic stuff too much nowadays.
Seven Rain

Postby DracheLehre » July 19th, 2016, 2:48 pm

I got Generations and am working on a switchaxe character and having loads of fun with it!

I am often available around 4 pm central if you're up for a hunt.
DracheLehre

Postby Ian Evans » July 20th, 2016, 12:18 am

I'll always help out on quests. Just e mail me. ianevansemail@gmail.com
I play adept longsword.
Ian Evans

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games