Hunters report in! It's time for Monster Hunter general!

Re: Hunters report in! It's time for Monster Hunter general!

Postby Nymine » March 24th, 2013, 4:30 pm

Ooo ok. Looks like I've got some downloadin' to do, though I'm not sure I completely understand. It still sounds like mid-level sorcery a bit.

I noticed on the bottom there's like a friend searchy thingie. Does that mean if I know say Afro's in game name I can pop into the room thataway? Or is that just for other 3DS people close by?
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Afrohawkman » March 24th, 2013, 5:22 pm

I actually don't know, I've yet to test that out. We should give that a try later on though, that would be a good idea to find out. If not, the way Rain and I did it was I just told him the room name and password and he got in that way. It was pretty easy. :)
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » March 24th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Nymine wrote:I noticed on the bottom there's like a friend searchy thingie. Does that mean if I know say Afro's in game name I can pop into the room thataway? Or is that just for other 3DS people close by?

Well what the Relay Packet thingy does is let you search rooms on the Wii U as if you were in the game, and when you find the one you want to enter, it makes it so that your 3DS picks up that room as if it were local multiplayer.

So basically it'll be an online room but the 3DS will act like it's another 3DS user or a local Wii U user.

And then as mentioned on the last page the Wii U user will set up the room and post the Lobby/Room number and password here. In fact, I'm gonna like... Throw up a little guide for online play in the first post later.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » March 25th, 2013, 12:03 am

Well I made myself another set of Dual Blades and a new Hammer. Dual Blade's got Ice att. and Hammer's got Paralysis, aw yeah. Also extremely poor now, should probably do a few quests before I get back into things.

Also, I gotta say I love the armor types in this game. Wraggi armor is like all Desperado armor and the Gobul Armor is the same armor from the Demo for Dual Blades (which means GUESS WHO'S GRINDING GOBULS TOMORROW). Sometimes they look like they should just be normal armor but other times they're all stylized and cool, I like that nice touch. It makes me wish sometimes I could get cosmetic armors just so I could look cool but wear armor more suited for the battlefield. Oh well, at least it lets me try on different styles! :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » March 25th, 2013, 12:43 am

Yeah, I'm going for a set of Wroggi here real soon. Looks awesome and has Razor Sharp and Negate Poison on 'em, and all dem slooots.
Spoiler! :
I might do a mix set, but I'm still crafting the full Wroggi for the sake of having it all.

But yeah, the gear in MH looks awesome, as it should, too. That is a major part of the appeal of the series after all. Sure the fights are cool but a good chunk of the enjoyment is not only the satisfaction of beating these monsters but also making sweet gear out of 'em.
Cosmetic armor to wear over your active stuff would be fantastic indeed, but for what it's worth High Rank (and probably G Rank,) armor lets you customize the colors a little bit. It's usually minor pieces of the armor that change color but it's still a nice extra touch... And of course don't forget that most G Rank armors have different designs than the L/H Rank stuff. So there's that to look forward to.

*EDIT*
Oh, and if you want a good way to make Zenny; Have all your farm cats cultivate Nulberries with Dung and Fertile Mud and stuff and sell all of the Nulberries in your crop box, (saving a few to farm more from that is.) You'll make great money doing that.

*EDIT*
HNNNG, MH3U.
SO MUCH STUFF I ALREADY WANT TO MAKE AND I'VE BARELY SCRATCHED THE SURFACE OF THIS GAAAME.
Also yiss, got me full Wroggi and an Iron Gospel to get good use out of that Razor Sharp skill.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » March 26th, 2013, 11:47 pm

Full Gobul armor is SO GOOD for battling in water. Getting that extra speed boost helps out in so many occasions, plus it looks great :D

FINALLY TOOK DOWN THE LAGICRUS! Hahaha! Finally! In an interesting note, I managed to get him stuck for a bit. He was trying to get back on land and was stuck swimming into one of the underground structures. I took a few pictures (on my crappy camera because Miiverse doesn't do screenshots with this game sadly) and went to go battle him but he literally decided to just get out of it the moment I hit him once. Good lord, that Lightning Dash...

Still, this is one of my crowning achievements! This is officially as far as I got in Tri. Now onto completely new stuff!

...Oh dear, this is completely new stuff...Oh my. Little frightened here. Oh well, I've got my trusty pal Cha-Cha backing me up so it's all good, right?

...Cha-cha? Wh-where are you? ._.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » March 27th, 2013, 12:05 am

Too bad I can't help you with Moga stuff, haha. At least you won't have to worry about stuff like that when I join you, me and my buddy Clint stomped Tanzia Laggi while somewhat under-equipped, (for that fight anyway. I was still rocking Jaggi+Barroth while he stuck with Rheno,) and neither of us using Fire weps.

Speaking of weapons holy hell... I came into 3U thinking "Man, I hate the new Long Sword system and Dual Blades are so cool, I'm totally gonna main Dual Blades now and LS on the side or someth-" SUDDENLY NOPE 3U IS ALL "Hey man, remember how there were like three LS you liked using in Tri? Hahaha, that was crazy, right? ANYWAYS HERE'S A CHAINSAW AND A POISON SWORD AND SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE YOU TORE A MONSTER'S WING OFF AND STARTED KILLING IT'S FAMILY WITH IT AND A GIGGINOX CLAYMORE AND THIS CLASSY-ASS RIMEBLADE, LET'S GET UESAGI KENSHIN ON THEIR ASSES!"

So yeah, I'm back to maining LS and Lance. I still plan on getting more Dual Blades and stuff later just like I will GS, but I guess the soul of a Long Sword-er is still within me.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » March 27th, 2013, 1:01 am

Hahaha I can totally understand wanting to switch to Long Sword. Supposedly there's a sword from MH:P that's like a friggin' electric guitar.

Spoiler! :

That's pretty legit. Currently I'm going back and forth between Hammer, Dual Blades, and Bow. I've been getting lucky on the draws for choosing which one works best in certain situations; I've chose Bow for monsters who have HORRIBLE attacks when you're close up (Gigginox, Barroth), I've chosen Dual Blades for anything that needs something cut (Rathalos), and I've chosen Hammer for...well everything else. I've been switching completely randomly and just guessing, though Rathalos was different on the account of I knew I needed the tail for it.

Still, can't wait to get the second Shakalaka, though I'm still missing Cha-Cha. I'm sure I'll find him soon but...argh I don't want to go up against the Lagicrus again without him! He was so useful last time ;_;
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » March 27th, 2013, 6:05 am

Man, they made Gigginox a way bigger dick in this one than he was in Tri... And here I thought Capcom giving Barioth a hipcheck was brutal.
One thing's for sure, you don't truly appreciate full Wroggi armor until you fight the new Gigginox with it. Muhfuggin' poison attacks every 10 seconds.

*EDIT*
AFRO.
FLOODED FOREST FREE-FOR-ALL.
NEXT TIME WE'RE BOTH ON SJ WE GOTTA START THAT SHIT UP AND GET SOME SHADES.

*EDIT*
Uh-oh, back up, it's an HR3 Quest. Damn. We could do The Dark Demon's Sword, though.
Seven Rain

Postby Amante » March 27th, 2013, 8:32 am

So my brother, friend and I managed to get a copy of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on our PSP's and we're having a lot of fun. I picked up the hammer as my weapon and got pretty far in the upgrade tree I wanted, but still have a little bit to go.

I got ambushed by a higher level Zinogre on one of my solo missions, and managed to kill it even though both my friend and brother died when it ambushed them.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby Afrohawkman » March 27th, 2013, 8:48 am

Hammer's so awesome. I love the combos out of it and being able to stun monsters is pretty satisfying, even if it only happens once or twice a battle. :)

Seven Rain wrote:Man, they made Gigginox a way bigger dick in this one than he was in Tri... And here I thought Capcom giving Barioth a hipcheck was brutal.
One thing's for sure, you don't truly appreciate full Wroggi armor until you fight the new Gigginox with it. Muhfuggin' poison attacks every 10 seconds.

Oh hell yeah, Gigginox is a huge asshole. I came in with like no Antidotes and Dual Blades expecting it to be easy. WROOOOOONG. Had to switch over to Bow and it took me a a good 40 minutes to finally beat the asshole. Holy shit man. Not fighitng him again unless I absolutely have to.

Seven Rain wrote:*EDIT*
AFRO.
FLOODED FOREST FREE-FOR-ALL.
NEXT TIME WE'RE BOTH ON SJ WE GOTTA START THAT SHIT UP AND GET SOME SHADES.

Huh? Is this a DLC quest or something? Either way, if it's HR3 I could probably get up in rank if I just did the quests online with some randoms. I haven't gotten online all that much because I've been grinding here and there but since I've taken on a Lagicrus I can probably just cruise through with some random people. Hell, I could even post on Miiverse and make a request for some low levels to go grinding for HR2. Might do that tonight actually.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » March 27th, 2013, 9:06 am

Afrohawkman wrote:Huh? Is this a DLC quest or something? Either way, if it's HR3 I could probably get up in rank if I just did the quests online with some randoms.

It is, and HR3 takes some meaner Monsters to reach than 3 star Moga quests, (HR2 is stuff like Duramboros and Rathalos,) but I'm gonna take my time with it and stick to Moga for now. I'll have plenty of time to do Tanzia stuff with buddies but right now I wanna get caught up with the Moga quests, haha.
Spoiler! :
Speaking of which yeeesssss, I just got the Duramboros Urgent. Time to unlock Kayamba and fight the first fuckawesome newcomer Monster that's not a smaller boss.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » March 27th, 2013, 11:11 pm

Just BARELY beat Duramboros. He wasn't hard, he just took forever to beat with a bow. I was a minute away from failing, scary stuff. I still miss Cha-Cha...

Also managed to get to HR 2 today with some randoms online. Some people are quite friendly while others are complete dumbasses but that's just online for ya haha. Even got enough materials to make a Lagia Horn so I'll be using that Hunting Horn for support later on. A shame it doesn't have health recovery but its over skills should come in handy. Probably. We'll see.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » March 28th, 2013, 9:02 am

Yeah I beat Duram yesterday as well, been farming him a bit to try and get his armor. He's so awesome and fat, and tries to do Peoples' Elbows on you. He's probably one of my faves of the series so far~ I'm glad they gave him a subspecies. :D
And I'm sorry but Kayamba is so awesooooome, I'm never taking Cha-Cha hunting again, this little dude is too groovy for my boogie. He just stands around and gets his groove on all day and has a mask so cool I never want to change it. I love his whole design in general. That little cloak and shell are so classy. He makes me feel a bit better about not having Felyne comrades in this one.

Anywho shoot me a PM or something if you wanna do some online hunts. I'll probably be down for some later today.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » March 28th, 2013, 9:41 am

Seven Rain wrote:Yeah I beat Duram yesterday as well, been farming him a bit to try and get his armor. He's so awesome and fat, and tries to do Peoples' Elbows on you. He's probably one of my faves of the series so far~ I'm glad they gave him a subspecies. :D

I get the feeling I want to try him out on melee soon. I was doing alright with the bow but it was too slow. At some point, I was literally right next to him shooting arrows in him rapidly just because I was afraid of failing and I realized...he's actually pretty easy to avoid. His tail has a huge blind spot where you can sneak in and do tons of damage, his spin attack is easy to avoid if you're far away if you're close up it just takes a little finesse, and "People's Elbow" really leaves him open for thrashing which would probably make cutting his tail off a lot easier. Might give that a shot later, have to check the armor bonuses first. I really should get something to replace this Jaggi Armor haha.

I thought you could take both Cha-Cha and Kayamba with you? I feel like I'd totally do that if that were the case. I ended up giving Kayamba the "Lamp Mask" just because that'd probably be REALLY good for whenever I use bow so I don't have to worry about small monsters messing up my shot. But I dunno, gonna miss that BBQ Mask on Cha-Cha haha. I do like Kayamba's dance though. So adorable xD

I'll keep the hunts in mind though, I should be free later today no doubt. Any particular time that's good for you?
Afrohawkman

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games