SimCity

SimCity

Postby Mundius » March 7th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Well, I wanted the new SimCity game, but with the online DRM and the Origin-only part, I changed my mind.

So I failed to find my SC4 game, changed the executable to not use a CD, and played that for a bit. And I got Origin just so I can play Sims 3 because the disc didn't run. Is this some kind of EA curse? I don't care, SC4 loads much faster and I only had to wait 4 hours before I could connect to a server! But there was no downtime, I just suck at it.

Sims 3 is still downloading.
Mundius

Re: SimCity

Postby UrbanMysticDee » March 7th, 2013, 6:38 pm

SimCity2000 was the shit! I played the shit out of that game. Not uncommon for me to spend eight or ten hours playing it a day in 1999. Good times. I almost got my one city "Green" to the year 10,000 (I wanted to see if the game could handle five digit years, but I never quite got that far), I redesigned all the buildings, I even planned out several stories through scenarios I created. I need to find a patch or something so I can play it on windows 7.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Re: SimCity

Postby Mundius » March 8th, 2013, 10:37 am

There's patches for that and there's a new DRM free version from GoG that has everything and works on all the latest systems!

Linky: http://www.gog.com/gamecard/simcity_200 ... al_edition
Mundius

Return to Video Games