OUYA - new Android based game console

OUYA - new Android based game console

Postby JoKeR » April 6th, 2013, 8:59 am

http://www.ouya.tv/

What do you think about this thing?
I'm very curious/excited about.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Re: OUYA - new Android based game console

Postby Seven Rain » April 6th, 2013, 10:49 am

I'm rather surprised we haven't had a thread for this until now, but yeah, it's pretty cool. I'd definitely like getting one sometime. I'm sure it'll have an awesome hacker/modder/homebrew scene.
Seven Rain

Postby eishiya » April 6th, 2013, 11:04 am

Seven Rain wrote:I'm rather surprised we haven't had a thread for this until now, but yeah, it's pretty cool. I'd definitely like getting one sometime. I'm sure it'll have an awesome hacker/modder/homebrew scene.

This.

I was apprehensive of it at first since it's not likely to get original AAA games on it, but the beauty of the Ouya is that that's not the point. It's a way for indie devs to have an opportunity to design games for consoles, which will allow them to flex their design muscles even more. I missed out on the Kickstarter, but I hope to get an Ouya eventually, and it's on my to-dev-for list.
eishiya

Postby Hunterkirizaki » April 6th, 2013, 12:11 pm

I'm getting a copy; folks backed the kickstarter for me.

Looking forward to getting it. Never had a smartphone, so I've missed out on everything android. Plus, I'm loving indie games more and more.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby MacSimon » April 6th, 2013, 11:37 pm

I've seen the skeptism that was floating all around the development of the console, and i'm REALLY glad this console turned out fine! The idea of a cheap console where everyone can at least try some games, and easy to code with, is open to a lot of developing.
MacSimon

Postby JoKeR » April 11th, 2013, 4:15 am

eishiya wrote:I was apprehensive of it at first since it's not likely to get original AAA games on it

As rumor has it, they get in contact with a game streaming provider ...this way could they offer AAA games on the Ouya too. But rumors are rumors ...let's see what will come next.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Return to Video Games