KID/SQUID HANGOUT (Splatoon Thread)

Re: KID/SQUID HANGOUT (Splatoon Thread)

Postby Seven Rain » June 2nd, 2015, 7:03 pm

Oh cool the Inkling Girl amiibo challenges unlock that schoolgirl uniform set or whatever. I can dig it. I wonder what the last two unlocks will be, though? I've already got the set so I'm guessing they'll be weapons.

*EDIT*
SkyWithFluffyclouds wrote:Reached level 20!

And ranked battles are pretty brutal particularly when (at least for me) playing at the mall,the high points are really important and it becomes a battle to not let anyone have them. Oh, and for this map if someone suddenly springs up a shield on you and there's water nearby (there usually is) try pushing them into the water. (So many times I've drowned...)

Still loving the skatepark.

Yeah, the skate park is one of my faves, too.

*EDIT*
Woooooh been doin' good in this room! Went 11/2 one round.

*EDIT*
I drawed a thing.

*EDIT*
Wow Ranked is really fucking fun. Like oh my god, I dunno if I've improved a lot over the past few times I've played or what but I feel so much more at home in Ranked. I've been getting crazy consistent first places, winning teams, and 15-20/3-5 KDRs.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » June 5th, 2015, 10:44 am

Good to hear you're gettin' up there in Ranked Rain! It's quite fun, I agree. I always feel weird going back to Turf Wars afterward though, I feel so inclined to rush up and defend that I actually forget about inking turf haha. I'm sure it'll pass.

Also GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! Another update's coming tomorrow adding the Paintbrush to the game! I figured that'd be next since it was in like all the trailers and commercials. Here's hoping it's a good addition!
Afrohawkman

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » June 5th, 2015, 3:56 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Good to hear you're gettin' up there in Ranked Rain! It's quite fun, I agree. I always feel weird going back to Turf Wars afterward though, I feel so inclined to rush up and defend that I actually forget about inking turf haha. I'm sure it'll pass.

Also GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! Another update's coming tomorrow adding the Paintbrush to the game! I figured that'd be next since it was in like all the trailers and commercials. Here's hoping it's a good addition!

I honestly just want it and to play with it because I think it looks cool, don't care if it's no good and I'm no good with it xD
SkyWithFluffyclouds

Postby Afrohawkman » June 6th, 2015, 12:07 pm

So the paintbrush is pretty hilarious to use. The spray is really good, it's super fast which makes it great for infiltration and escape through enemy territory, and that slash attack is so fun to use. It goes as fast as you can hit the button which really gets you pumped up. Plus the spray, oh man. You can capture points so quickly with that spray, it's insane.

That said? Kind of weak. If they don't see you coming, you can sneak up and slash away, getting a nice but messy kill. But man does long ranged weapons destroy it. It really relies on that sneaking ability because otherwise it's pretty much destroyed. Still fun as hell to use. Highly recommend using it on the Warehouse or Port Mackerel, both have some narrow corners and a few good places to hide / escape to. Port Mackerel especially, those corridors are perfect for the paintbrush. Avoid the Mall though, really not enough places to explore.
Afrohawkman

Postby DracheLehre » June 7th, 2015, 6:43 pm

i'm getting pretty deadly with the N' 85. Decent fire rate without sacrificing too much power (mitigated with power-boosting clothes).

However, I need to improve my skills in larger firefights. 1-on-1 encounters (not the battle mode), I'm fairly decent in.

Also, I'm a Kraken magnet...
DracheLehre

Postby Bowserknight » June 7th, 2015, 7:46 pm

I finally got to play after the updates! I'm way into using the brush for Splat Zones. The coverage and damage aren't great, but being really fast sure is useful for getting to those capture points. Having to sneak up on people to be able to KO them suits me just fine, too.
Also, the inkstrike is real good for Splat Zones, especially when you can just start covering a quiet part of the map to charge it up.
Bowserknight

Postby Raging Ghost » June 8th, 2015, 2:02 pm

Seven Rain wrote:I drawed a thing.

Same. Though I feel like I need to git gud on this level.

No matter what I do, Hotline Miami will never leave me. lol
Raging Ghost

Postby Bowserknight » June 10th, 2015, 4:17 am

Oh hey, there's a new video on nintendo's jp youtube channel about the splatfest thing:

It looks like the whole hub changes when these things are going on, that's pretty cool.
Also, there's a little bit of what looks like a new map in this video.
Bowserknight

Postby DracheLehre » June 10th, 2015, 10:36 am

I can't wait until they fix the matchmaking system for this game, I've been encountering a lot of lopsided matches recently.

Hell, in four straight matches, I saw four 20's against 8's, 9's, 11's and sometimes the odd 5. The ensuing matches were very much like the end of the South Park episode "Stanley's Cup"
DracheLehre

Postby Afrohawkman » June 13th, 2015, 10:30 am

So in the last couple days both a new stage and a new weapon have come out! Kelp Dome is a massive area so there's plenty of places to paint, making it much more frantic and frightening when enemies get by you. It's a pretty good Splat Zones stage imo but in Turf Wars it's a constant struggle for me, moreso than usual. SO MANY PLACES TO PAINT! And the overhead pathways are ridiculously good. Definitely not a beginner level but quite fun regardless.

I haven't had a chance to try out the new weapon that just came out yesterday, anyone take a spin with it?
Afrohawkman

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » June 13th, 2015, 4:03 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:So in the last couple days both a new stage and a new weapon have come out! Kelp Dome is a massive area so there's plenty of places to paint, making it much more frantic and frightening when enemies get by you. It's a pretty good Splat Zones stage imo but in Turf Wars it's a constant struggle for me, moreso than usual. SO MANY PLACES TO PAINT! And the overhead pathways are ridiculously good. Definitely not a beginner level but quite fun regardless.

I haven't had a chance to try out the new weapon that just came out yesterday, anyone take a spin with it?

I'm the other way around, in that map Turf Wars are easier for me than Splat Zones, I've only played twice in Ranked and both times I got creamed.

And I just had a really good game in Turf Wars, we were 3 but we won pretty big, I only died once, had 14 kills and got 14xx points, I was on fire xDD

Still not tried that new weapon, I did try the Brush and I think you're better off playing in Splat Zones rather than Turf Wars with it. And yeah, if you want to do something with it you've got to be stealthy.

Also, I just looked up the splatfest because I thought it was today and realized it's by regions! I don't get mine still the 27th of June =( And instead of cats and dogs it's pop and rock music.

This weekend is Japan's and next NA.

Spoiler! :
TeamRock!
SkyWithFluffyclouds

Postby Raging Ghost » June 17th, 2015, 7:50 pm

SkyWithFluffyclouds wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:So in the last couple days both a new stage and a new weapon have come out! Kelp Dome is a massive area so there's plenty of places to paint, making it much more frantic and frightening when enemies get by you. It's a pretty good Splat Zones stage imo but in Turf Wars it's a constant struggle for me, moreso than usual. SO MANY PLACES TO PAINT! And the overhead pathways are ridiculously good. Definitely not a beginner level but quite fun regardless.

I'm the other way around, in that map Turf Wars are easier for me than Splat Zones, I've only played twice in Ranked and both times I got creamed.

And I just had a really good game in Turf Wars, we were 3 but we won pretty big, I only died once, had 14 kills and got 14xx points, I was on fire xDD

Still not tried that new weapon, I did try the Brush and I think you're better off playing in Splat Zones rather than Turf Wars with it. And yeah, if you want to do something with it you've got to be stealthy.

Also, I just looked up the splatfest because I thought it was today and realized it's by regions! I don't get mine still the 27th of June =( And instead of cats and dogs it's pop and rock music.

This weekend is Japan's and next NA.

Spoiler! :
TeamRock!

Well, I'm in North America, so, that'll be Team Dog for me.

Raging Ghost

Postby Afrohawkman » June 19th, 2015, 6:46 pm

Welp, looks like the Splatfests will happen at a later date:

Nintendo's Facebook Account wrote:Unfortunately, a matchmaking issue was discovered in the first Japanese Splatfest that resulted in long wait times and players unable to join matches. We have been working on a solution but will need a little more time to resolve the issue. In order to ensure that fans have the best possible experience and can enjoy the fun they’ve come to expect from Splatoon, we have decided to postpone the first North American Splatfest. We’ll have details on a new date soon!

Bummer, but I'm glad they recognize the issues and will work on it soon.
Afrohawkman

Postby Afrohawkman » June 21st, 2015, 7:51 am

Double post for new map that came out yesterday, Bluefin Depot!

It's pretty solid though there are a LOT of pitfalls. I fell off almost immediately in my first game :P . Definitely enjoying it so far, need to play more on it though as I barely played. Anyone else give it a go?

Also, for people who finished the story, how did you guys like the final boss? Did you feel it was unfair at all? I ask because I was talking to a friend earlier who really struggled on it but I didn't have much trouble (I loved it, the difficulty felt at a good level for me) so it's hard to really understand their position. I'd love to hear what everyone else thought of it.
Afrohawkman

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » July 4th, 2015, 10:01 am

I'm really loving the tower mode and this evening begins splatfest! No celebrations here which will pull me away from playing splatoon =P
SkyWithFluffyclouds

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games