Raging Ghost

Re: KID/SQUID HANGOUT (Splatoon Thread)

Postby G.B.A » August 19th, 2015, 1:11 pm

One shall stand,
One shall be inked.
G.B.A

Postby Seven Rain » August 19th, 2015, 1:41 pm

I wouldn't even know which team to pick if I hopped in again soon.
Autobots have Optimus and Grimlock.
Decepticons have Shockwave and Starscream.
Help.
(Follow me on Twitter for post-SJ news!)
Sonic-ock wrote:Been a while, made a lot of really great friends here. I love this community and I love you guys, it's been so real...
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » August 19th, 2015, 10:20 pm

New map coming tomorrow, Flounder Heights!

Man I'm digging the look of this map. Hanging out on the rooftops of an apartment complex? Man these squids will splat it up anywhere. Can't wait to try it out!
Afrohawkman

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » November 15th, 2015, 5:14 pm

So there have been quite a lot of updates... There's another gigantic map and another one to come and I just checked out the https://splatoon.nintendo.net/ , I think it's pretty neat.
SkyWithFluffyclouds

Postby HalfAssedChaos » February 3rd, 2016, 11:43 pm

How is this not posted here yet?!?!?! I love you squid sisters!!!

Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby MacSimon » February 28th, 2016, 8:38 am

I can't stop coming back to play Splatoon, it's kind of amazing how different this shooter feels - sometimes you can play 2 or 3 rounds and be satisfied or waste a day by saying "one more round". I hope Nintendo doesn't forget about how good they can make online experiences (and how Better they could be, too) in the NX.
MacSimon

Postby HalfAssedChaos » July 14th, 2016, 8:13 am

I'm not sure how many of you squids still play, but I thought it would be worth mentioning that the supposed Last Splatfest is happening next weekend. It's the Woomy Waifu Wars as we battle it out over who the best Squid Sister.

Come and fight for Team Marie! Marie is Love! Marie is Light!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby HalfAssedChaos » July 24th, 2017, 8:26 am

Splatoon 2 is out, and it's beautiful!

That's all for now.
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Seven Rain » July 24th, 2017, 9:15 am

Splatoon 2 is a lot of fun and twin-stick aiming actually works now, but it makes me sad because I'm terrible with all my favorite weapons. I wanna use goofy shit like the roller/brush/bucket but guns pretty much rule this game. When I switch from those to the Airbrush gun or whatever I practically control the tide of every match. Such is shooter games.
Spoiler! :
At least I've been getting killer at DOOM since getting back into it's multiplayer. I can suck it up and be bad at Splatoon 2 on the side.

I still wish they'd let you make your own loadouts, though. Even if it was something you had to work for like messing with clothing stats. I really hate some of the Ults, and I don't care for any of the standard grenade type subweapons. I WANT ALL OF MY LOADOUTS TO HAVE THE SPRINKLER OR SUCTION BOMB THINGY AND AN ULT THAT'S NOT THE WEIRD BEAM CANNON.

I really need to get down on the singleplayer, though. It's like every shooter I play I completely ignore and forever procrastinate on the sp once I start playing online.
Sonic-ock wrote:Been a while, made a lot of really great friends here. I love this community and I love you guys, it's been so real...
Seven Rain

Postby DracheLehre » July 24th, 2017, 2:13 pm

I have done a few rounds of Salmon Run and had a lot of fun.

Especially in higher difficulties when bosses start spawning en masse.
DracheLehre

Postby Jpolte » July 24th, 2017, 7:28 pm

I love Salmon run, it's a shame that it's only available on certain days. I would like to try it out with other people as well
anyway I enjoy using the Slosher, I just find that weapon the silliest.
Jpolte

Postby HalfAssedChaos » July 25th, 2017, 8:36 am

Seven Rain wrote:Splatoon 2 is a lot of fun and twin-stick aiming actually works now, but it makes me sad because I'm terrible with all my favorite weapons. I wanna use goofy shit like the roller/brush/bucket but guns pretty much rule this game. When I switch from those to the Airbrush gun or whatever I practically control the tide of every match. Such is shooter games.
Spoiler! :
At least I've been getting killer at DOOM since getting back into it's multiplayer. I can suck it up and be bad at Splatoon 2 on the side.

I still wish they'd let you make your own loadouts, though. Even if it was something you had to work for like messing with clothing stats. I really hate some of the Ults, and I don't care for any of the standard grenade type subweapons. I WANT ALL OF MY LOADOUTS TO HAVE THE SPRINKLER OR SUCTION BOMB THINGY AND AN ULT THAT'S NOT THE WEIRD BEAM CANNON.

I really need to get down on the singleplayer, though. It's like every shooter I play I completely ignore and forever procrastinate on the sp once I start playing online.

Just like with the first one I'm sure we will get a lot of weapons released that should fit what you're looking for. So far I'm really liking the new supers, in the first one a well placed super could win the entire battle. I find the new ones much more strategic and well balanced where the well placed one can turn the tide of a battle, but not outright win it.

Also that Splatdown is my new love. Splattershot with Splatbombs and Splatdown, got up to a 12.5 streak. Then moved over to Slosher, and now 1 streak is good. :P

Finished up the single player last night and was pretty happy with it. There were a few frustrating levels, but it was mainly because you have to use certain weapons on them and I certainly do not know how to use the charger and the roller well. But by the end of it I was feeling a lot more comfy with them to the point I may try them out in Turf Wars. The Dualies, man I think those are going to be fun and a real weapon to contend with once people get the dodge roll controlled fire down. The Brella is shaping up nicely as well and am looking forward to taking it into Multiplayer.

Sadly didn't get to try Salmon Run yet, but am really looking forward to it. Just two more levels and I can get into Ranked play too, can't wait!

I am surprised you can't save and change loadouts between matches, probably the only thing I'm disapointed in so far. But the new level designs more than make up for it. Humpback Pumptrack is freaking amazing!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Seven Rain » July 25th, 2017, 11:30 am

I like a lot of the ults but it's the damn gauss cannon expy thing that shoots the big laser through walls and stuff that I can't stand, and one of my favorite weapons is stuck with it. No aiming reticle makes it impossible for me to actually hit anyone with it, not to mention it takes a sec to actually eat through someone's health bar and by then they've gotten out of the way.

I agree on Splashdown being great, (assuming that's the one where you jump/fall to the ground and make a big explosion? In case it's not obvious I haven't bothered to remember the names of anything, hahaha.) The missiles and curler spam ults are fun too, but are more for pestering the enemies than killing or stopping them. They're pretty easy to avoid.
Seven Rain

Postby HalfAssedChaos » July 25th, 2017, 1:04 pm

Yeah they are pretty great for area denial and making the other team get the heck out of where you want to be.

Which weapon is the one you like? I'm sure a Deco or some other version of the weapon will come out hopefully with a combo that's more fitting than the pressure washer, I've found it the hardest to use too, but you need to make use of its ability to shoot through walls and use it on the complete other side of the map to basically back up your team on the front lines. At least that's the best way I've seen it used so far.

Right now I'm rockin gear that increases both my own and anyone I splats respawn time, but also running respawn time reduction time. It's working really really well to keep the other team pinned down and out of the fight.
HalfAssedChaos

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games