Nintendo Switch

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby DracheLehre » March 16th, 2017, 2:33 pm

Ugh... the shrine at Washa's Bluff is the absolute WORST to trigger.

You need a Blood Moon for the altar to become active. I got EVERY other shrine except for this bastard.

Edit: Blood Moon GET!
DracheLehre

Postby Raging Ghost » March 20th, 2017, 2:18 pm

I got the Biggoron's Sword. I'm keeping it for Ganon.
Raging Ghost

Postby DracheLehre » March 23rd, 2017, 2:22 pm

I have downloaded Fast RMX, and holy crap it is AWESOME.

It basically is F-Zero on steroids.
DracheLehre

Postby Oly-RRR » March 23rd, 2017, 6:02 pm

Myahm Agana shrine is SO ANNOYING - if I really wanted to roll a ball around a maze I would find a way to do it irl :| I beat it but still, ugh.

In other news, really close to buying a house and OMG YOU CAN TAME DOGS :mrgreen:
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby Raging Ghost » March 23rd, 2017, 9:28 pm

Here's what you can get from the amiibos in Breath of the Wild. Well, any non-Wolf Link amiibo, of course.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » March 23rd, 2017, 10:17 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Here's what you can get from the amiibos in Breath of the Wild. Well, any non-Wolf Link amiibo, of course.

Oh cool, looks like they're releasing a new TP Link amiibo. Won't have to deal with scalper prices for Epona.

*EDIT*
Tried Splatoon 2. The connection was awful, which will hopefully be rectified with an Ethernet adapter, (too bad the shipping on the one I got was too slow to get it here before the Testfire,) and it's really, REALLY lame that they force you into the tutorial and a match before you can even access the options to turn off motion control aiming. Like why. There's no point to holding the options back like that. Hell, can't even make them available mid-match so I can AFK for a few seconds to change things.

BUT those are my only complaints. I only played one match because I gotta get comic stuff done but the right-stick aiming seems way better than the first game. I'm pretty happy about that. Hopefully I'll be able to get it when it comes out.
Seven Rain

Postby Oly-RRR » March 24th, 2017, 6:44 pm

Oh crap I forgot about Testfire and I don't have the energy for this now
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby Seven Rain » April 6th, 2017, 2:47 am

So like, is anyone else here getting MK8 Deluxe?
Seven Rain

Postby HalfAssedChaos » April 6th, 2017, 8:51 am

Totally! Balloon Battle mode is back AND you can be an inkling? I may not be a fan of racing games, but I won't let this one pass.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby DracheLehre » April 6th, 2017, 9:02 am

Seven Rain wrote:So like, is anyone else here getting MK8 Deluxe?

Oh yes, the end of the month can't come quickly enough!
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » April 6th, 2017, 9:07 am

Nice. Hopefully we can find some chances to party online when it comes out. I've been getting progressively more excited for it even though I typically hate re-unlocking things in games like this, not to mention I still have my fair share of complaints over MK8 in general, but it'll still be dumb fun regardless.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » April 6th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Seven Rain wrote:So like, is anyone else here getting MK8 Deluxe?

I preordered it last month. Oh, and I bought a Pro Controller.
Raging Ghost

Postby gun21 » April 7th, 2017, 2:13 am

I beat BotW, with all the srines, and I got all the memories, and the Hyrule Shield.

+Most of the Legend of Zelda (NES) monsters are re-designed and modeled in 3D, which is very nostalgic.
-Severe Lack of Darknuts, which are usually the best enemies in the series. Especially disappointing given how interesting the combat system is this time.
+The physics based puzzles are constantly new and interesting.
-Gyro puzzles suck.
+Hyrule Castle is literally the best Dungeon in the whole series. It's a massive level that you can enter and exit from multiple points, kind of like a Deus Ex Game.There's also some open books that were written 100 years ago that go into the lore within this dungeon that make it feel like a real place.
-The other main four, while interesting, are nowhere near as good, and feel like a let down in comparison to previous games.
+The difficulty curve, especially early on in the game is great.
-Unfortunately, halfway through, everything becomes more and more easy.
+Thunderblight Gannon is the best boss in the series.
-The others all stink. Especially Dark Beast Gannon.
+The overworld is actually dense with surprises and secrets. The dragons, the spirit-horse thing, the three goddess temples, the horse god fairy, etc. These all feel like real actual secrets that you'd find in an oldschool game just by exploration. Kind of like the Ash Place in Dark Souls I where the Ancient Dragon is.
-The overworld "Boss Monsters" are mostly, with the exception of Lionels, really easy and boring. HInox's, and Stone Torus' especially. I would love if they were to add 8 more different types of overworld bosses. And like, 20 more normal enemy types. Fighting Moblins, Mokoblins, Lizafos, and Kees gets boring after a while.

Now that I'm throughly done with Zelda, I got Fast RMX. It's fantastic.
gun21

Postby trenton_dawn » April 11th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Feels like a misnomer to post in this thread, but I've been playing Breath of the Wild on my Wii U after having thoroughly given up on finding a Switch. I currently have all memories, but only 106 shrines and 270-ish Koroks. I basically agree with all gun21's impressions, although I didn't mind Dark Beast Ganon because it seemed clear it was mostly a cinematic fight, kind of like the horseback Ganon fight from Twilight Princess.

-Hyrule Castle is sooo good. Feels like I'm not doing it justice calling it the best dungeon in Zelda. It's in a different category altogether than other dungeons. Actually, it kind of reminds me of a more ambitious version of Forsaken Fortress revisit from Wind Waker.
-In my opinion, the difficulty curve gets skewed by two things: 1) the exponential increase in the power of armor, and 2) Urbosa's Fury. The former makes it so you take very little damage from anything but the strongest Lynel or Guardian attacks, and the later lets you stunlock and kill any group of enemies or any boss every 12 minutes. Also important, having access to powerful weapons and Urbosa's Fury invalidates the more creative combat options because of how little damage bombs or metal crates do to enemies in the end game.
-The game loses a lot of its ability to surprise you once you get used to the various Korok patterns and you discover most/all of the shrines. Early on you spend a lot of time thinking "wtf is that" but later on you are more likely to think "Oh, it's another one of those"
-Voice acting isn't great. It's not awful, in my opinion, but not particularly good, either. I didn't like Mipha or the Goron, and Zelda was good sometimes and not so great at others. The present-time Rito guy was also bad (and kind of pointless as a character).
-I really like the tragic nature of the story. Reminds me of Majora's Mask, where you would hear the tragic story of a dying/dead guy who then became a mask. At first, I thought the Champions would be alive somehow, like Zelda and Link, since they featured prominently in the trailer and, well, because they talk to you. But when the boss fight started and they mentioned that they had been killed, I got the chills. Being in Zora's Domain where everyone hates you for getting Mipha killed was also really interesting.

Most magical moments:
-First Stone Talus fight. I didn't watch much prerelease gameplay so I never heard of this guy, which lead to me being thoroughly surprised when he popped out of the ground
-After I got the paraglider, it was almost midnight, so I was thinking I'll just go to Kakariko and then save and quit there. At 5:30 AM, I finally arrived, lol
-After two days playing, my wife and I compared notes and realized that other than the plateau, we had not experienced any of the same events. I went straight to Rito Village while she hung around Faron and Lake Hylia.
-First time seeing a thunderstorm was terrifying
-Arriving at Rito Village and hearing that Dragon Roost Island remix really hit the spot
-Seeing Farosh for the first time
-The battle to enter the Zora Divine Beast was really cool
-Everything about Eventide Island
-The Spring of Courage quest was really cool, partially for some meta reasons. My wife was playing and got that quest, but we thought it meant the shrine had something to do with the actual dragon at Lake Hylia. We spent a while watching him but couldn't figure out how he related to the shrine. Then, when morning came, we watched him fly up into the sky. We were thinking maybe the shrine was in the sky, so I suggested to drop a pin on him. We did, but when we looked at the map, the pin was right on top of the actual dragon-shaped river in the woods and our minds were actually blown. Then, after going there, we realized we needed the scale, so we spent a while trying to figure out how to get that. Really cool quest overall
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby Raging Ghost » April 19th, 2017, 11:45 am

Thunderblight Ganon is down.

Spoiler! :
It helps to have, at least, 13 hearts just to get the Master Sword, which is super effective against Guardians and the Blights.
Raging Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games