E3 2018

Re: E3 2018

Postby AltCat » June 11th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Lutztoons wrote:
Video game graphics have come a long, long way in 20 years, but there's something so warm and fuzzy about those early 3d graphics.

You can still get that. Just get a HDMI to composite video converter, then connect that to an old CRT via at least 100 metres cable and turn all the things way up. 8-)

Speaking of old times. I somehow miss the ones when there always no matter what it was about or if it made any sort of sense to do so, (Home alone, Beethoven 2, Pretty woman..) had a videogame tied to it's release. It didn't really make any difference then of course that it was released along or even before the film, or that anyone involved with the game had even read the synopsis for it since it in most cases would be about something else anyway. Usually collecting things to open a door.

But now when there are all these films actually suitable for game adaptation, or even based on games. Then, then there are no games from them. Instead they make films from games that makes no sense to be done so to!

Oh, about E3.. I hardly have internet access anymore, and everything still feels "leaked". :roll:
AltCat

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2018, 12:35 pm

Square's conference wasn't anything crazy, but I'm really interested in Babylon’s Fall. Just Cause 4 looks really good, too.
I'm really bummed we didn't get to hear more about that Avengers game they were supposed to be working on.

Sony's up in about 7.5 hours, and I have high hopes for that, but new Spider Man and Death Stranding stuff will be enough to satisfy me!
Seven Rain

Postby comercole » June 11th, 2018, 2:35 pm

pokemon and smash
comercole

Postby TheJGamer » June 11th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Judging from the Twitter feed, it seems as if the stream died 30 minutes into the presentation.

And the fans are really clamping down on Sony for that one.

Guess Sony blew this year's E3...

EDIT: Just rewinded the stream, and yep, the stream actually died for a bit. That's not good Sony, come on, you guys!
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby kayotics » June 11th, 2018, 9:17 pm

Ok, but Spiderman looks really, really good.
kayotics

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Sony was pretty dull, but I'm used to their conferences being lots of boredom with a few gems. I got my Death Stranding and Spidey fixes so I'm satisfied. I was kinda sad that they kept teasing new Dreams stuff but never actually built up to a trailer.
Seven Rain

Postby TheJGamer » June 11th, 2018, 9:51 pm

All that's left is Nintendo now. It's 7:49PM here and I'm actually starting to daydream about watching the Direct at school. Our friends are willing to bet money that Smash 5 won't be a port, heh.

In other news, Ubisoft's got it made with Nintendo, it looks like! Adding Fox in Starlink for the Nintendo Switch version? That's a real nice way of acknowledging the Switch's huge achievement!
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby DracheLehre » June 11th, 2018, 11:04 pm

Upon hearing that StarLink has an Arwing figure, I got it.

Will I get any more figures/parts? Dunno, I'm just a huge Star Fox fan.
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » June 12th, 2018, 10:51 am

Nintendo's E3 presentation will be starting any minute!

*EDIT*
Daemon X Machina looks rad. The visual style is a bit eh for me, but it looks fun and the trailer music got me pumped up.
The mech designs are definitely FROM-inspired, too. I thought it was a cartoony Armored Core spin-off at first, the mechs looked like straight up White Glint and Nine-Ball flying around.
(EDIT: Ah, the developers are a bunch of people who worked on Armored Core games, no wonder! The visuals are growing on me, too. I'm really pumped for this one.)

*EDIT*
I'm speechless. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is almost everything I've ever wished for in Smash, ever.

Although I got so caught up in all the Smash excitement I forgot about my hopes for a new Animal Crossing. It's sad but oh well. I'll do what I told myself I'd do if they failed to announce a new AC: Play the old Gamecube game on Dolphin and drown in nostalgia.
Seven Rain

Postby AltCat » June 12th, 2018, 1:15 pm

Eyebrows raised for Déraciné whatever it is.

All I know now is that I actually need that VR thing.

And this of course. Though I really wanted to know as little as possible about it. Watch everything twice in slow motion all the same.. :|
AltCat

Postby TheJGamer » June 12th, 2018, 1:45 pm

Freaking Nintendo's E3 today...

I've got no words to describe the hype created by SSB Ultimate.
TheJGamer

Postby Oly-RRR » June 12th, 2018, 2:00 pm

Seven Rain wrote:I'm speechless. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is almost everything I've ever wished for in Smash, ever.

Aaaah this will be my first Smash game (as it was with many series coming out on Switch) and honestly I'm glad about it!! :mrgreen: I mean I played a trial version on 3Ds once and it was okay but I never got around to buying the full version and I reckon if I'm getting into a series late I might as well do it on Switch by now. 8-)

Seven Rain wrote:I forgot about my hopes for a new Animal Crossing. It's sad but oh well. I'll do what I told myself I'd do if they failed to announce a new AC: Play the old Gamecube game on Dolphin and drown in nostalgia.

I'm bummed about that too (especially since Pocket Camp hardly counts as an Animal Crossing experience, more like "pay the game so it plays itself" experience :roll: ) but between Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu and the Pokeball Joycon and new Smash (and possibly something else I'm not aware of yet) that's a lot of excitement AND a lot of money to spend on games in late 2017/2018 as it is... So I can always start playing ACNL again (I don't own any earlier Animal Crossing games but ACNL was and still is very much my shit). So yeah, it's sad but all in all not too bad.
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby Captain Ghost » June 12th, 2018, 6:45 pm

I'm so hype. Smash Bros is definitely one of my favourite games to play, and I haven't had too much luck dragging my pals into playing it much these days (whereas it used to be a very, very frequent occurrence once upon a time!)... Just finished watching the tournament and heck I'm so. AaaaaaaaaaAaaaAA (God the nostalgia of some of it though, like when the silph co stage came up. Whew)

I'm pretty stoked for the new Fire Emblem too, really curious to see where they're going with it (but please please please don't split it into different games again... and maybe bring supports back a little better than in Shadows of Valentia... please) but I'm digging the style. Anyway, Loves me some fire emblem!

(( Now I just gotta. Get my hands on a switch haha. ))

Nintendo aside, Unravel 2 looked nice, and I'm glad to see the full version of Tales of Vesperia getting a proper release (Flynn! Flynn! Flynn!), and Cuphead DLC should prove good fun for me and my brother to suffer through ahaha~
Captain Ghost

Postby kayotics » June 12th, 2018, 11:01 pm

I love smash brothers, so I'm really excited to see all the old characters coming back for it.

I wish that some of the other big titles had some sort of update (animal crossing... metroid... whatever), but considering that Nintendo tends to do more than one announcement a year like this, I'm not surprised they only focused on one big series.
kayotics

Postby LemPem » June 13th, 2018, 3:05 am

So hyped about Elder Scrolls VI! Now we just have to wait, a loooong time.
LemPem

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games