MMOs

Re: MMOs

Postby Seven Rain » May 12th, 2013, 2:50 pm

I'm seeing talk/leaks/rumors about SDGO NA getting G Gen/Gen 6 next month, which would be... Pretty fucking amazing.
Hoping to no end that it's true. If we get Gen 6 in June, and Nintendo wows me with Wii U games during E3, next month will definitely lift my spirits should my 3DS not return to me.

Spoiler! :
Still wish more SJers played. I'm gonna start pimping the game out in my Sig and on the EthereaVerse site at some point. I NEED MORE HOMIES TO SHOOT ROBITS WITH.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » June 20th, 2013, 11:27 am

SD GUNDAM ONLINE NA GOT G-GENERATION TODAY!
(Or G-Revolution, as OGP so cheesily called it, not that I'm complaining~)

Okay so I know I'm the only one here who gets pumped on SDGO, but anyone willing to give it a shot, this is like the best time to do so. The entire game has been overhauled and improved, and OGP has released some cool free unit events. Including some for newcomers/absentees;
ALL Users [who] log-in on the month of June will receive INFINITE JUSTICE GUNDAM (SS Rank)!

Users who have not logged-in during April, May, and June prior to the G-Revolution Update can Log-in now and receive the 0 GUNDAM (TYPE A.C.D.) (BS Rank) !

I'm not sure if the second applies to people who didn't have an account before now, but either way getting an SS Rank just for logging in this month is a fantastic freebie. Those things cost 58K points for the Blueprints, and 20 bucks for the unit if you take the real-money route. In other words, log in this month and boom! Free $20 Gundam.

I wanna participate in that sweet Youtube event, though. 10 Coins and 20K for putting together a 30+ Second promotional vid for SDGO? Yeyuh.

But yeah, JOIN ME HOMIES. GET DOWN ON SOME AWESOME TPS ROBIT-SHOOTING ACTION.
Seven Rain

Postby dunklen » June 20th, 2013, 11:44 am

I would like to play SD Gundam Online too bad that it got a region ban or ip block whatever the name is.
So i`ve been playing TERA a lot, I just got lv 60 and doing the endgame content.
dunklen

Postby Seven Rain » June 20th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Yeah, the one unfortunate thing about it is the region locking and varying regions of SJers, but damn I want some more peeps to play with. I wanna pimp it out to our NA bros harder than ever now that G-Revolution is up.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » July 23rd, 2013, 10:44 pm

Seven Rain

Postby TerminalMontage » August 7th, 2013, 7:06 pm

Dudes, FF XIV A Realm Reborn is coming out in 20 days. It's definitely not going to be F2P though.. (Sorry Seven :( )

I built a PC just for the old XIV, which was the most disappointing and awful game I've ever played. I also hated it because I was addicted to it and played it for 6 months nonstop despite being so awful. Being an FF helped, I really hope XIV ARR is better.. I am in dire need of a good, new, FF MMO.

Also open beta soon, they haven't announced when but it has to be soon considering the game is coming out in less than a month.
TerminalMontage

Postby sanspants » August 7th, 2013, 7:11 pm

There is a disturbing lack of Rift in this thread.
It's F2P now.

I'm totally not shilling, honest.
Writer. Game designer.

There are no happy endings, because the story never ends.

mitchellbravo wrote:BETWEEN THE LOUD INFINITE ERA????
sanspants

Postby Seven Rain » August 7th, 2013, 9:01 pm

I've just got so many MMOs on my plate I've tried to avoid looking up Rift after the F2P switch, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » August 8th, 2013, 6:40 pm

WHOA ELEVATORS NO LONGER COST ENERGY IN SPIRAL KNIGHTS.

There goes my frustration-induced psuedo-boycott, I love you, Spiral Knights. I won't be ready to jump back in just yet but I'm crazy excited for the next time I'm in a SK mood. <3
Now if only they'd ditch those Guild Hall maintenance fees.

*EDIT*
Screw it, I might hope on for a bit later tonight just to check things out. Not like I'll be playing Aion, TERA or RF anytime soon anyway, (the latter of which I thought finally got updated to 1.5 but apparently that was EU, not NA. DECEPTION.)
Seven Rain

Postby Nymine » August 9th, 2013, 10:27 pm

Ahroo, the paying thing is always an issue. It's nice that they added a time card type thang, and at least PS3 peoples and PC peoples still get to play with each other.

ALSO JEREMY OH MY GOD! They fixed so much. They fixed sooooo much. It's a different game. There are quests that make sense along with the main campaign, the built in 'let me walk you through mmo jank' tutorial isn't overly patronizing, crafting is useful and doesn't result in constant dissapointment and the environments are just, well , I mean, it's more convincing than 1.0? I don't know how to explain it better than that. *rummages through folders for some beta screenshots* Forgive me, I only seem to have the ones I took from early on from the starter areas of Ul'dah and Gridania. These were all done in butt o' vision because I hadn't quite figured out how to take good screenshots:

Spoiler! :

*cough* So, like, open beta for Final Fantasy XIV ARR starts on the 19th(16th if you've been apart of the betas). Level cap will be 20 for the Open Beta. Headstart is on the 24th, cap limits removed, live launches on the 27th wuht wuuuht. I'm so freakin' prepared yo. SO PREPARED. Got my adorable Lala saved, got the lore appropriate name in the bag. Gon' get on, get in Gridania, and at least set up the Linkshell for the Free Company for launch(can't set up an FC til' 25). Then just roll around with everyone I can find and probably spend WAY too much time in the dungeon finder. Whoop whoop!

SO! If anyone wants to beat the stuffing out of adorable critters and get heals and buffies from a 3 ft tall midget: Get thee to Leviathan and throw Tutulu Tulu a friend request or tell. Let's all have an adventure! *throws glitter* c:
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby sanspants » August 10th, 2013, 11:52 am

I wonder what the artist was thinking when they decided to put a red racing stripe down that pair of pants' butt crack.
Writer. Game designer.

There are no happy endings, because the story never ends.

mitchellbravo wrote:BETWEEN THE LOUD INFINITE ERA????
sanspants

Postby TerminalMontage » August 15th, 2013, 3:25 am

Oooh :D Excellent Nymine!

And my friends are playing on Leviathan too! Maybe I'll bump into you some time ;D

I'm pretty busy working on stuff but I want to play so much now ;_; I don't know what happened, I got really excited for it about a week ago and I can hardly contain it, I don't care about the monthly fee. It does look much better, what sold me were the dungeons and improved world. I'm a bit bummed that I ragequit 1.0 and gave my account away though.. Otherwise I could be a Legacy member. But then again, I have friends that are hopping in, and then I'd be level 50 and they'd be 1 and it'd be weird.

So I'm glad Legacy servers are separate from normal servers, for now. I don't want to see Legacy people walking around reminding me of what I threw away! 6 MONTHS OF GRINDING. But yeah, I was in Phase 2 and played for an hour, then got some code July to get into Phase 4 a day early, I'm stoked.
TerminalMontage

Postby Nymine » August 15th, 2013, 4:56 am

AWESOME! Well shoot, defo hit me up at some point so I can at least throw y'all some linkpearls. I know I've been tasked with finding the people since I think I have the most opened schedule between 16-19(so odds are I'll be somewhere shouting for people to congregate).

They did a nice thing with Linkshells versus Free Companies, which I forgot to mention. Shells are still pretty much just private chat channels like in FFXI, but you can be a part of up to 8. Free Companies have been redesigned to be more like a traditional guild, equipped with perks, rewards for smashing stuff with said FC(like FC dungeon runs), FC questies and housing. You can only be a part of one Free Company, and we had a big long debate about what's the use of LSes if FCs exist; it pretty much boiled down to keeping in touch with other guilds/building a network of people who wanna roll but already have their own group.

So one long ass rant later, we should keep in touch so we can crush content together! It'll be fun! ONE DAY LEFT AUGH!
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Seven Rain » August 16th, 2013, 5:39 am

Seven Rain

Postby TerminalMontage » August 16th, 2013, 2:44 pm

Nymine wrote:AWESOME! Well shoot, defo hit me up at some point so I can at least throw y'all some linkpearls. I know I've been tasked with finding the people since I think I have the most opened schedule between 16-19(so odds are I'll be somewhere shouting for people to congregate).

They did a nice thing with Linkshells versus Free Companies, which I forgot to mention. Shells are still pretty much just private chat channels like in FFXI, but you can be a part of up to 8. Free Companies have been redesigned to be more like a traditional guild, equipped with perks, rewards for smashing stuff with said FC(like FC dungeon runs), FC questies and housing. You can only be a part of one Free Company, and we had a big long debate about what's the use of LSes if FCs exist; it pretty much boiled down to keeping in touch with other guilds/building a network of people who wanna roll but already have their own group.

So one long ass rant later, we should keep in touch so we can crush content together! It'll be fun! ONE DAY LEFT AUGH!

Woo! THIS IS FUN I LOVE IT. But.

Leviathan was full.. So I went with Cactaur >.<
TerminalMontage

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games