MMOs

Re: MMOs

Postby Nymine » August 16th, 2013, 3:08 pm

Nooooooo! TT^TT Ah well. A server is just a server after all. The important part is that you have fun! c: AND I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT!

*pulls at face* Now that I think about it, I hope that the 'Full' status is a temporary issue. I was a crazy and made sure I was up RIGHT when the servers opened to make Tootles but.....If Leviathan is already at capacity, I might be there by myself. *panics* I don't wanna be alooone!

*frantic searching Edit*

Ok. It looks like Leviathan was a *lot* of people's choice. So ever so often they shut it down while they adjust the load so it don't crash. *chews nail* High pop isn't necessarily a bad thing but if this carries on through release I just don't know; we might have to relocate.

How crowded is Cactaur?
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby TerminalMontage » August 16th, 2013, 10:52 pm

I can't compare it to the other servers so I'm not sure, seems to be high pop but not full.

And I am totes having fun, I got Thaumaturge to lv15 already! Leveling is super fast, and the combat is much more intuitive and fun now. Levequests are super fun too, I always put them on the hardest, +4, difficulty ;D the fights are really fun. I want to take it easy from THM though, as soon as I can take an airship to Limsa Lominsa or Gridania, I want to work on Pugilist or Arcanist.

I heard in 1.0 PUG+THM made Blackmage, but I heard somewhere now THM + ACN makes blackmage.. I dunno which secondary class to start leveling x_x
TerminalMontage

Postby Nymine » August 17th, 2013, 7:16 am

Ok, so it seems like that was just the first day rush; Leviathan is open again(whew, I was starting to see all that planning crumble and fall o3o). WHEW I can't believe I got a scare like that! I wasn't expecting such a turnout.

It's cool it's cool! Don't worry so much about the jobs; after all you can eventually unlock EVERYTHING on one character, so it's not soo crucial you get it right the first time. Not to mention, level cap right now is 20 so you can't get the jobs until the headstart(24th). I've heard mixed reviews as well, to the point where I can't be certain what combo makes what(besides that Maurader plus Gladiator equals Warrior). I heard people saying that they flopped Black Mage and White Mage's sub because having a magic sub makes more sense, but that always devolves into internet bickering; the only thing I kno for CERTAIN is that black mage's lvl 30 requirement is definitely Thaum, and White Mage's lvl 30 is defo Conjurer. But to be honest with you, I want my damn motorboard and bobby socks so I'm going for Scholar. To be on the safe side, I'm planning on getting Arcanist and Conjurer up to 20 a pop; I figure one combination or another will be Scholar or White mage.

OH OH FUN TIP! Since you're 15, if you can, make sure you log out using an inn rent a room(I'm not sure how to buy a house yet)! You'll get rested XP and it's helpful yo.
Nymine

Postby eishiya » August 17th, 2013, 8:24 am

Are you guys talking about FFXIV? I'm still thinking about it, but apparently you have to buy the game before you can play at all? or am I misunderstanding everything?
eishiya

Postby TerminalMontage » August 17th, 2013, 8:54 am

HMMMMM... Yeah it's probably Arcanist. Also, the INN THING. I make sure to sleep in an INN whenever I log out for an extended period of time! That's so cool! Inns have always been in FF games, the way they implemented it in this MMO is great. XIV should really be a celebration of all FF traditions in one MMO, I look forward to seeing what else they add.

And yeah eishiya, it's $29.99, with a $12.99 monthly fee.
TerminalMontage

Postby Nymine » August 17th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Yes it most definately is FFXIV; the open beta is from tomorrow until Monday so you can always just poke around it for funsies. If it makes any difference, you don't necessarily need a monthly subscription; they do have a pay as you go card option too. If you've got the time, totes give it a try! c: Also this happened:

Spoiler! :
When you see a naked elf surrounded by glow in the dark squirrels, you gotta record that somehow.

Let's see uhm there's a few FF series hollas already. Like.....I think in a lvl 30 area there's a FATE where Lightning pops out of time and space and demands your help; the reward is a Lightning costume for the girls and a Snow costume for the boys. A dungeon(I THINK) gives you a magitech mount. And then there's the unicorn mount that you can get which I guess is kind of an Ixion hollah? There's gonna be a Moogle Primal fight(Good King Mog).They're gonna put a Gold Saucer in(and they'll have chocobo racing and betting). Uhm uhm.....two end level raids are gonna be Bahamut's Lair and the Crystal Caves.....OH OH OH AND NOT DIRECTLY RELATED! They have actual player housing; the furnishing concepts look amazing~IMMA FILL MINE WITH STUFFED ANIMALS. o3o
Nymine

Postby TerminalMontage » August 18th, 2013, 1:36 pm

I saw the housing district in Limsa Lominsa :D It looks nice!

AND YES, THE RAIDS AND. GOLD SAUCER AND STUFF SOUND SO COOL. They won't be available at release though, I'm guessing they'll be out withing 1 to 6 months after release, if they're not added sooner, that'll be a bummer. I hope they stick to this new winning streak they have going for them.
TerminalMontage

Postby Seven Rain » August 19th, 2013, 11:24 am

Hey, so uhh... Anyone here play RIFT? I shouldn't even consider adding another MMO to my already-neglected backlog, (I'll go back to TERA and C9 eventually, I swear, ;___;) but it seems interesting.

If anyone here has played it/enjoys it, sell me on it. What is there to do besides click-and-kill?
Seven Rain

Postby Nymine » August 19th, 2013, 11:50 am

I played it back on launch, so I can't give you much insight of any of the new junk they threw into it. I don't know how I can sell you on it BUUUT LET ME SEE HOW I CAN HELP! It's pretty typical fare. You've got your standard crafting and kill quests and raiding and pvp.

The major draw are the Rift events IE you're minding your own bidness doing your kill quests and WHABAM a rift will open up near-by spilling out critters that need to die. If left unchecked, the rift will become an even bigger rift, causing more rifts to open spilling out even more monsters. And if THAT goes unchecked, they'll make a HUGE rift that spawns an epic monster. Now, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS. The rifts happen continuously, so if no one is around to close the rifts, little rifts> big rifts/lots of rifts> epic monsters and the only one around is little ole 14 something you, eeeeh you can see where I'm going. I remember I diverted my path for a bit to get some crafting done(I made my lovely dwarf cleric Loren and she's always a blacksmith ALWAYS). So by the time I moved on to the next leveling area, most people weren't there any more. Which typically would mean peaceful game play but in Rift's case it meant dark dimension rifts opening ALL THE DAMN TIME and me getting overwhelmed by werewolves OR the nearest town gets wiped out and I'm standing there with my quests to hand in and I've got to wait for Townsfolker A to put his spleen back in before I can get my reward and move on.

But honestly, I wouldn't call that a deal breaker; if anything the living realm does make it interesting. And the major Rift events are dope fun. It's nothing short of rewarding when Darthokk the Lord of Fire comes spilling out of a fire realm rift, turning a once beautiful forest into a molten hell and you and thirty other people beat the muffins out of him until he's forced to crawl back into his dimension and the forest reverts to its beautiful verdant greenery.
Nymine

Postby eishiya » August 19th, 2013, 11:56 am

Nymine wrote:About RIFT.

That sounds awesome for long-term gameplay, when you spend a while each day playing so you experience all these different things. But it sounds awful for drop-in gameplay since there's no guarantee you can just pop online, do one thing and be done with it. It sounds like the stars have to align for you to be able to do exactly what you want to do and only that thing D:

Does that sound about right?
eishiya

Postby Seven Rain » August 19th, 2013, 12:01 pm

Hmm... Sounds interesting, thanks for elaborating, but with C9, TERA, Aion, Spiral Knights and future stuff to focus on, I think I'll skip out on adding RIFT to my MMORPG plate.
Spoiler! :
EverQuest Next seems really cool, though. I need to look up more info about that.

Spoiler! :
And then go back to waiting for PSO2 to stop being delayed in the US.
Seven Rain

Postby sanspants » August 19th, 2013, 12:34 pm

eishiya wrote:

That sounds awesome for long-term gameplay, when you spend a while each day playing so you experience all these different things. But it sounds awful for drop-in gameplay since there's no guarantee you can just pop online, do one thing and be done with it. It sounds like the stars have to align for you to be able to do exactly what you want to do and only that thing D:

I may be sliiightly biased, but I disagree, outside of serious raiding. If you know what you want to do, there's usually a queue for that. And if you have to clear out a foothold or two to do so, it's usually a quick thing (unless a zone event's going on, but you get some sweet rewards for helping out with that while you get the quest people to pop, so it's double reward-y). After level... I think it's 10, you can do Instant Adventures and battleground-style PvP, after 15 you can queue for dungeons and then there's just running around, questing like crazy.

[edit] Oh yeah, and the housing ("dimensions") is so damn cool. :O
Writer. Game designer.

There are no happy endings, because the story never ends.

mitchellbravo wrote:BETWEEN THE LOUD INFINITE ERA????
sanspants

Postby Seven Rain » August 19th, 2013, 12:40 pm

Oh yeeeah, I feel silly for forgetting that you mentioned RIFT on the last page before I asked if anyone here plays, haha.

You play any other MMOs, sans? It seems most of the MMO gamers around here stick to stuff I don't play like sub-based stuff and GW2.

*EDIT*
sanspants wrote:Oh yeah, and the housing ("dimensions") is so damn cool. :O

Whoa back up, now you're speaking my language. I saw "Dimensions" on the site and thought they were instances or something. I'll have to look into this...
Spoiler! :
Still can't make any promises, though.
Seven Rain

Postby sanspants » August 19th, 2013, 12:49 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Oh yeeeah, I feel silly for forgetting that you mentioned RIFT on the last page before I asked if anyone here plays, haha.

You play any other MMOs, sans? It seems most of the MMO gamers around here stick to stuff I don't play like sub-based stuff and GW2.

I like to try lots of MMOs. For REASONS. Lately I've been playing far too much LoL, but I've also been poking at Elsword and Star Conflict. I kind of float back and forth, tho, since most of the games I play these days are F2P.

But seriously, look into Dimensions. That is where all your money will go. ALL OF IT.
Writer. Game designer.

There are no happy endings, because the story never ends.

mitchellbravo wrote:BETWEEN THE LOUD INFINITE ERA????
sanspants

Postby eishiya » August 19th, 2013, 12:54 pm

sanspants wrote:
eishiya wrote:

I may be sliiightly biased, but I disagree, outside of serious raiding. If you know what you want to do, there's usually a queue for that. And if you have to clear out a foothold or two to do so, it's usually a quick thing (unless a zone event's going on, but you get some sweet rewards for helping out with that while you get the quest people to pop, so it's double reward-y). After level... I think it's 10, you can do Instant Adventures and battleground-style PvP, after 15 you can queue for dungeons and then there's just running around, questing like crazy.

[edit] Oh yeah, and the housing ("dimensions") is so damn cool. :O

Ah, I see. Sounds like they dealt with the drop-in play problem, then! It's always nice when designers don't screw certain types of players over.
eishiya

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games