Most disappointing games ever

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Mr. Henry » February 16th, 2012, 12:11 am

RyoSoulreaper wrote:XIII-2 is ALREADY out.

I beat it, Shit was an improvement. Don't knock until you try it.

It takes the linear idea and puts some C4 on it and blows that shit to 9 thousand peices.

Here's hoping it is, though I probably won't buy it myself(maybe borrow from a friend). I guess just to point out, I've fallen off the FF wagon years ago, got back on with XIII and fell of again b/c of the same game, so my opinion of recent FF games is a bit meh to start. I mean heck, in my 23 years I can say I've played every FF game that wasn't the online ones
Mr. Henry

Postby Samurai pizza hedgehog » February 16th, 2012, 12:51 am

I might get hate for this but i really did like KH:days really much. The misson system dragged a lot, large enemies could only be killed by hitting their tiny heads, some worlds were disapointing (neverland) comes to mind). but other then that the story was good and you had lots of characters to play as.
Samurai pizza hedgehog

Postby Crystalbear » February 16th, 2012, 1:27 am

Samurai pizza hedgehog wrote:I might get hate for this but i really did like KH:days really much. The misson system dragged a lot, large enemies could only be killed by hitting their tiny heads, some worlds were disapointing (neverland) comes to mind). but other then that the story was good and you had lots of characters to play as.

Most people hate the handheld games because they feel like they have to purchase the handhelds just to play them, and then the main titles make references to them, so then they feel left out. I'm actually happy to see that you do like it. Not because I've played Days, no I haven't, but rather because I'm one of the rare few who can only play the Nintendo handheld titles.
Crystalbear

Postby Seven Rain » February 16th, 2012, 2:25 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Woah woah hey hey...

I can get debunking the fact that reviews aren't a true test of how good at a game is but they're not "assholes".

Some of them are.

In all seriousness I'm sure we've run a few laps on this track before but my problem with reviewers isn't them getting paid to score games based on their opinions but the fact that people and companies take these scores so seriously, and I'll leave it at that.

*EDIT*
Mr. Henry wrote:

It takes the linear idea and puts some C4 on it and blows that shit to 9 thousand peices.

Here's hoping it is, though I probably won't buy it myself(maybe borrow from a friend). I guess just to point out, I've fallen off the FF wagon years ago, got back on with XIII and fell of again b/c of the same game, so my opinion of recent FF games is a bit meh to start. I mean heck, in my 23 years I can say I've played every FF game that wasn't the online ones

If you skip FFXIII-2 at least keep Type-0 and Versus XIII in mind. Trust me on those.
Seven Rain

Postby Mr. Henry » February 17th, 2012, 10:53 am

Seven Rain wrote:

I can get debunking the fact that reviews aren't a true test of how good at a game is but they're not "assholes".

Some of them are.

In all seriousness I'm sure we've run a few laps on this track before but my problem with reviewers isn't them getting paid to score games based on their opinions but the fact that people and companies take these scores so seriously, and I'll leave it at that.

*EDIT*
Mr. Henry wrote:

If you skip FFXIII-2 at least keep Type-0 and Versus XIII in mind. Trust me on those.

I forgot they call it Type-0 now, but I heard a few good things from both.
Mr. Henry

Postby Afrohawkman » February 17th, 2012, 4:24 pm

Seven Rain wrote:

Some of them are.

Ahhh I see what you did there.

I don't know, I guess a lot of times it's just a second opinion kind of thing for reviews. You could like a game that reviews hate or you could hate a game that reviews love but I use 'em every now and then. They can be helpful at times.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » February 17th, 2012, 4:28 pm

Oh I don't deny that they can be helpful, the best reviewers are the ones that are informative rather than opinionated. Those I love, but as I said I just don't believe second opinions should be able to so easily factor into sales and others' opinions. Every time I see "6.5 out of 10? Huh, and I was looking forward to it. Oh well, guess I'll pass on this." a little more of my faith in gamers dies.
Seven Rain

Postby trenton_dawn » February 17th, 2012, 4:37 pm

The way to make the most out of reviews is to find the reviewers who share your tastes most closely. That way their experience will agree with yours. Well, that's my approach to movies, anyways. The problem I mostly have with game reviews is that, unlike film or literature criticism, video game criticism is really not taken very seriously, either by readers or writers. I don't mean that people don't pay attention to it—people pay a lot of attention to it—but rather that there is very little effort to develop any kind of quality standard. It's not considered "real criticism", mostly because the idea that video games are a real artform hasn't taken hold in most of society yet. When writing isn't really given legitimacy, there isn't really any reason to hold that writing to a standard.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby JoMama69 » February 26th, 2012, 6:19 pm

BLOPS then i relized COD is for tools
JoMama69

Previous

Return to Video Games