Most disappointing games ever

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Guest » July 24th, 2011, 11:14 pm

theawesomepizzaman wrote:Super mario sunshine, and luigis haunted mansion.
For l.h.m, I couldnt get out of this one area, and then, I just gave up one it.

*Kills* SMS and LM are awesome! How dare you speak bad of them!

Postby FlamingDbag » July 24th, 2011, 11:25 pm

Brink turning out to not be exactly as promised.
I mean what the fuck why say the singleplayer is going to be AMAZING if it's going to be MULTIPLAYER BUT WITH BOTS AND CUTSCENES? I don't at all get that...
Still want to try it though.

Um what else. I guess Renegade Squadron for PSP ended up being pretty lame. Easy as hell combat and online hackers ruined it for me...
FlamingDbag

Postby MacSimon » July 24th, 2011, 11:44 pm

ZashTheHedehog wrote:
theawesomepizzaman wrote:Super mario sunshine, and luigis haunted mansion.
For l.h.m, I couldnt get out of this one area, and then, I just gave up one it.

*Kills* SMS and LM are awesome! How dare you speak bad of them!

He cannot be killed! He holds the world's truly strongest weapon!

Spoiler! :
A Personal Opinion.

--

I didn't like the 4th gen Pokemon games. I wasn't really attached with the generation, and i just... didn't feel it was as good as Sapphire or Leaf Green. : /
MacSimon

Postby blankd » July 25th, 2011, 6:51 am

Molly-sama wrote:So Capcom really did run out of ideas for RE, then? lol

Naw, their next RE project looks pretty fun, but it's more horror (supposedly) less RE4/5.
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby phoenixgem » July 25th, 2011, 7:05 am

MacSimon wrote:I didn't like the 4th gen Pokemon games. I wasn't really attached with the generation, and i just... didn't feel it was as good as Sapphire or Leaf Green. : /

Same. I've kind of been disspointed with the generations past sapphire and ruby, (loved leaf green too since I'd never played the orginal and wanted my squirtle). After adding pokemon contests they kind of went overboard with the meaningless minigames which was annoying. I mean pokemon dress up? really?

I'll also never forgive the pokemon games for getting rid of slot machines, biggest disappointment for me when I found out they replaced them, that was a part of the game i always looked foward to! mass playing the slots to get my polygon!
Snuffan wrote:Hai hai fuenixugemmu!!!! Ponponpon ga totemo suki desu!!! kya >u<, kawaii desu!
phoenixgem

Postby gun21 » July 25th, 2011, 7:09 am

Devil May Cry.

Everyone: "HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME, YOU HAVE A SWORD, GUNS, AND DEEEEEMUN POWURS!

I finally play it and it's just an average brawler with an annoying protagonist >_>
gun21

Postby SuperBiasedMan » July 25th, 2011, 7:15 am

Hide the sausage.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Postby Nymine » July 25th, 2011, 7:51 am

*warning: rant ahead*

Valkyrie Profile 2. Honestly, I couldn't give two craps about the 'graphic update'. It was less bright and more depressing(it's a game about DEATH; don't bum me out with the color scheme too). I don't understand why they changed the art style at all; I had no problems beating the muffins out of evil with adorable little pudgie characters. Also, it was just flat out BORING. I was all geared up to figure out about the younger Valkyrie, but turns out she's just a bland frau-type skin riding a bland scared princess. I didn't get past the intro because I fell asleep during the dialogue. I tried again, same thing; nodded off during a fight, which by the way, the battle system was horrible. It was convoluted and just flat out difficult to deal with.

There really was no need for it to have been that awful. I blame it on Square who had recently eaten poor Enix, maybe irrationally. But I can't put my finger on why it drastically changed. It's like the very spirit of the game had been changed. SO yeah. Should have been better.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby mirakelsey » July 25th, 2011, 12:24 pm

phoenixgem wrote:I'll also never forgive the pokemon games for getting rid of slot machines, biggest disappointment for me when I found out they replaced them, that was a part of the game i always looked foward to! mass playing the slots to get my polygon!

I actually really enjoyed the card game they introduced in.... I think it was Soul Silver/Heart Gold? That or Platinum.
Seven Rain wrote:Silly tezzle, Pokemon is Japanese. James is the most hetero character on the show.
mirakelsey

Postby Seven Rain » July 25th, 2011, 6:13 pm

MacSimon wrote:I didn't like the 4th gen Pokemon games. I wasn't really attached with the generation, and i just... didn't feel it was as good as Sapphire or Leaf Green. : /

I was the other way around to be honest. I loved Platinum, but couldn't really play Emerald past the first couple gyms. D:
Then again I was one of those people that cranked their nostalgia goggles to max and didn't want to touch anything newer than Gen II until I got a DS Lite by chance a few years back and thought I'd give a newer one a shot.

gun21 wrote:Devil May Cry.

Everyone: "HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME, YOU HAVE A SWORD, GUNS, AND DEEEEEMUN POWURS!

I finally play it and it's just an average brawler with an annoying protagonist >_>

I shouldn't be, but I'm honestly kind of surprised you don't like Dante... He was a lot like Travis Touchdown minus the weeaboo.
Then again which game did you play...? If it was one of the first two I suggest giving 3 a shot before you judge.
Seven Rain

Postby nousherwan » July 25th, 2011, 6:26 pm

blankd wrote:
Molly-sama wrote:So Capcom really did run out of ideas for RE, then? lol

Naw, their next RE project looks pretty fun, but it's more horror (supposedly) less RE4/5.

Yeah, it's also supposed to be a complete reboot. But...

BWAAAAHH NO RE WITOUT WESKER WAAAAAHH

Murder,slaughter,crime,destruction,extinction.....is this what we have become?
nousherwan

Postby gun21 » July 25th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Seven Rain wrote:

I shouldn't be, but I'm honestly kind of surprised you don't like Dante... He was a lot like Travis Touchdown minus the weeaboo.
Then again which game did you play...? If it was one of the first two I suggest giving 3 a shot before you judge.

I played the third.

The difference between Travis and Dante is that Travis is still human. He has a bunch of nuances, interests, quirks, and develops relationships with the other assassins which is genuinely interesting. He would probably be annoying in real life, but he makes for a great character. Dante on the other hand reminds me of the character Poochie from the Simpsons. He's a collection of fads, 'xtreme-ness,' bad catch phrases, but with a gothic fashion sense. This is perfectly punctuated in the opening scene where every single object at some point, does a back flip, while Dante is eating Pizza.

Compare that to the opening of NMH 2 where the tone is set for the series.

In NMH whenever you save, Travis is on the toilet. If DMC ever had a scene with Dante on the toilet, he would be taking a crap while doing back flips on a skateboard eating pizza, and fighting demons.
gun21

Postby nosoline » July 25th, 2011, 8:12 pm

I'm an "old school gamer"... I like Genesis and Nintendo stuff...
The worst game EVER for me in this context is "PHELIOS", from Genesis (Mega Drive... whatever..)
It's a shooting scroller ship game (don't know the classification name....), but you play in a guy riding a pegasus, and your beam is your sword... but the gameplay is horrible!!! hahahahahha

Spoiler! :
"God doesn't give redemption... he makes you work for it..."

My blog | My animation portfolio
nosoline

Postby Seven Rain » July 25th, 2011, 9:18 pm

gun21 wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

I played the third.

The difference between Travis and Dante is that Travis is still human. He has a bunch of nuances, interests, quirks, and develops relationships with the other assassins which is genuinely interesting. He would probably be annoying in real life, but he makes for a great character. Dante on the other hand reminds me of the character Poochie from the Simpsons. He's a collection of fads, 'xtreme-ness,' bad catch phrases, but with a gothic fashion sense. This is perfectly punctuated in the opening scene where every single object at some point, does a back flip, while Dante is eating Pizza.

Compare that to the opening of NMH 2 where the tone is set for the series.

In NMH whenever you save, Travis is on the toilet. If DMC ever had a scene with Dante on the toilet, he would be taking a crap while doing back flips on a skateboard eating pizza, and fighting demons.

I see where you're coming from, but that's always been Capcom's thing. It's not so much that the crazy over-exaggerated stunts are meant to be THUPER KEWL as much as they're just played for laughs at how ridiculous it is. I guess relating DMC to movies like Shoot 'Em Up or Crank would be more fitting than NMH.
I love Dante, but then again I love characters like Bartz and Sora, sooooo... I'm easy to please I guess. Like that's anything new.
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 25th, 2011, 9:22 pm

mirakelsey wrote:
phoenixgem wrote:I'll also never forgive the pokemon games for getting rid of slot machines, biggest disappointment for me when I found out they replaced them, that was a part of the game i always looked foward to! mass playing the slots to get my polygon!

I actually really enjoyed the card game they introduced in.... I think it was Soul Silver/Heart Gold? That or Platinum.

Was HG/SS.

Voltorb Flip is pretty awesome. I played it for hours. Like pokemon sudoku.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games