Most disappointing games ever

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Guest » July 27th, 2011, 12:50 am

I've disappointed by Silent Hill games off and on since 2 10 years ago. AND THAT IS ALL WE SHALL SAY ABOUT THAT. :?

I don't want to face a world without Wesker. :( DC Douglas ALONE is too awesome too abandon.

Well, I liked FFXIII, but not as much as X, that's for sure. Mayhaps S-E spent too much time worrying about graphics when FFXV is going to make it look like crap in five years anyway. :mrgreen:
Guest
 

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 27th, 2011, 4:25 am

TerminalMontage wrote:

And FINAL FANTASY XIV really steals the cake, E.T. for NES was better.

Image
Image
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
User avatar
RyoSoulreaper
 
Posts: 4383
Joined: August 24th, 2008, 12:43 pm
Location: Hyrule

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Froken Keke » July 27th, 2011, 9:03 am

TerminalMontage wrote:E.T. for NES was better.

Don't you mean Atari 2600?
Image
It's actually Fröken Keke, there's a difference.
User avatar
Froken Keke
 
Posts: 370
Joined: December 4th, 2010, 7:07 pm
Location: Sweden.

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Afrohawkman » July 27th, 2011, 10:05 am

The Conduit and Conduit 2. Both awful games with incredibly flawed story lines, boring and unoriginal characters, terrible control styles, useless to absolutely fucking broken weapons, and glitchy online modes. The second one was a lot worse than the first because aiming for some reason got much harder. For some reason they decided that absolutely no amount of auto-aim should be allowed for this game, not even the incredibly small amount you get when an enemy is right in front of you. Not to mention it seems like the difficulty spiked in the sense that everyone is a cheap ass bastard even on the lowest of difficulties (no seriously, they ambush you in places that have no cover so regardless of difficulty you're still fucked). Oh and they made grenades the most useless thing ever. They take like 2 full seconds to explode once they hit the ground (you can't cock it either) and for some reason, even if the guy was right next to it, if he "jumps out of the way" he takes no damage.

Don't pick these games up, they're not worth your time. At least playing E.T. was moderately funny.
User avatar
Afrohawkman
 
Posts: 3937
Joined: December 26th, 2007, 1:29 pm

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby phoenixgem » July 27th, 2011, 10:33 am

RyoSoulreaper wrote:
mirakelsey wrote:
phoenixgem wrote:I'll also never forgive the pokemon games for getting rid of slot machines, biggest disappointment for me when I found out they replaced them, that was a part of the game i always looked foward to! mass playing the slots to get my polygon!

I actually really enjoyed the card game they introduced in.... I think it was Soul Silver/Heart Gold? That or Platinum.

Was HG/SS.

Voltorb Flip is pretty awesome. I played it for hours. Like pokemon sudoku.

I was thinking more minesweeper ;), but yeah I do like voltorb flip and from the mass of minigames in pokemon it is one of my favourites, I just don't like how they had to get rid of the slot machine since I didn't find the flip game practical at all when trying to get the casino prizes. either that or I really suck at playing the game XD
Snuffan wrote:Hai hai fuenixugemmu!!!! Ponponpon ga totemo suki desu!!! kya >u<, kawaii desu!
User avatar
phoenixgem
 
Posts: 664
Joined: March 25th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Inxerene » July 27th, 2011, 10:46 am

Sonic Unleashed had some horrible reviews and it pissed off a lot of fans. Not the furries though because it's 30% more fur action. I thought it was stupid to have him turn into a werewolf where he himself looks like he's a mutant. Now if it was Sonic turning into a human in an alternate dimension.. hm.. I dunno. Might be the same. =/
My Pokemon comic. It updates daily.. hopefully.
Of Myths and Legends
Image

Image
User avatar
Inxerene
 
Posts: 237
Joined: October 7th, 2007, 8:17 pm

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Froken Keke » July 27th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Inxerene wrote:Sonic Unleashed had some horrible reviews and it pissed off a lot of fans.

I actually liked that one. The running levels were pretty okay, though the night ones, while not horrible, had no place in the game.

Inxerene wrote:Not the furries though because it's 30% more fur action.

And that has nothing to do with why I liked it. :C
Image
It's actually Fröken Keke, there's a difference.
User avatar
Froken Keke
 
Posts: 370
Joined: December 4th, 2010, 7:07 pm
Location: Sweden.

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Seven Rain » July 27th, 2011, 6:21 pm

TerminalMontage wrote:Conker: Live and Reloaded, such a let down.
Lost Planet 2

I will bottle my rage, because I can understand being let down by these. I still love them to death, though. :C
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23820
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Froken Keke » July 27th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
TerminalMontage wrote:Conker: Live and Reloaded, such a let down.
Lost Planet 2

I will bottle my rage, because I can understand being let down by these. I still love them to death, though. :C

My biggest annoyance with Conker: Live and Reloaded was how Conker literally told the game designer to not change anything from the original Nintendo 64 game, right after a nice twist to a scenario from the original game.
If you don't want to change anything, then you should just port the game directly. A remake is ideal for expanding a game, as a developer you should really use that opportunity.
Image
It's actually Fröken Keke, there's a difference.
User avatar
Froken Keke
 
Posts: 370
Joined: December 4th, 2010, 7:07 pm
Location: Sweden.

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Extreme5000 » July 27th, 2011, 6:37 pm

Pokemahnz : Colosseum

It had so much potential...

DAMNIT DON'T CHANGE THE MIROR B FIGHT MUSIC!
Image

I have a Shotgun, your argument is invalid.

HAHAHA
Like hell I'm clicking on that.
Porn viruses ahoy!
User avatar
Extreme5000
 
Posts: 369
Joined: February 24th, 2011, 6:54 pm
Location: In Jadasuable's Dorm, Chilling With Ben

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Tanokki » July 27th, 2011, 6:40 pm

Brink was pretty repetitive, Sonic Advance 3 was just Advance 2 with partners, Conker: L&R censored the great and mighty poo, and I think my opinion on Sonic Unleashed's Night stages was put best when I was commenting on a stream.

Tanokki: I swear to God if I hear the Jazz music one more time I will vomit.
Kirbychu: *hands Tanokki some Pepto Bismal*
"Who dares defile DOCTOR DOOM'S credit score?"
User avatar
Tanokki
 
Posts: 63
Joined: October 14th, 2008, 2:03 pm

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Nymine » July 27th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Yeahhh XIV was a horrible let down. But I've come to the realization that Square is a nefarious unfeeling obsidian machine that functions off of the souls of the innocent lashed together by the innards of the abandoned and powered by the tears of the languishing. In all seriousness though, how can a company that was saved by from bankruptcy by their devoted fan base treat lifeforms in general like utter crap? I'm not even being spoiled or saying 'Remake the same game a million times'. I'm just sayin'. I will restrain myself from the full on rant, I promise.
Image
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
User avatar
Nymine
 
Posts: 2010
Joined: December 16th, 2008, 1:43 pm
Location: New Mexico

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Seven Rain » July 27th, 2011, 8:47 pm

Nymine wrote:Yeahhh XIV was a horrible let down. But I've come to the realization that Square is a nefarious unfeeling obsidian machine that functions off of the souls of the innocent lashed together by the innards of the abandoned and powered by the tears of the languishing. In all seriousness though, how can a company that was saved by from bankruptcy by their devoted fan base treat lifeforms in general like utter crap? I'm not even being spoiled or saying 'Remake the same game a million times'. I'm just sayin'. I will restrain myself from the full on rant, I promise.

I don't see how releasing a shitty MMORPG and promising not to charge for it until it stops sucking means they hate their fans... If anything I think SE is still one of the more fanservice-y companies out there, and Dissidia is a shining example. Hell, they brought back Gilgamesh in 012 just to please fans.
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23820
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 27th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Extreme5000 wrote:Pokemahnz : Colosseum

It had so much potential...

DAMNIT DON'T CHANGE THE MIROR B FIGHT MUSIC!

XD's Mirror B music was THE SHIT.

Spoiler! :
Unless of course you assumed XD came before Colosseum.....Which it didn't.

Spoiler! :
Err.
Image
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
User avatar
RyoSoulreaper
 
Posts: 4383
Joined: August 24th, 2008, 12:43 pm
Location: Hyrule

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby redandblack64 » July 28th, 2011, 12:26 am

All right, let's get started! This thread was a much better idea than a "worst games ever" thread because it naturally encourages you to think of WHY you were let down. Here are my disappointments, some of which have been heard here already.

Every Pokemon game since Gen 2. The reason is Gamefreak's reluctance to wow the industry and up the production values. They've admitted that they're in this for the money in a Nintendo Power interview. With Gen 3, I asked myself these questions as a played through. Why isn't there a day/night cycle? Why can't you trade with the older games? Why can't you go to Johto and Kanto? How am I supposed to get the 180 missing Pokemon without buying a bunch of other games? With Gen 4 and 5, it's basically this. Why does this look so basic compared to Final Fantasy 3 and 4 DS and Chrono Trigger, a SUPER NINTENDO GAME from 1995?! Why are the Pokemon so stiff, couldn't they at least add an attack and defense animation for each Pokemon? Why do you still move on an archiac 4 directional grid instead of at least 8 directions? Why only 1 save file when the DS cart could easily hold 2 or more (1024 KB)? Why can't you trade through the PC instead of the long and tedious process of the link room?

Then, with every Mario Kart since Double Dash, I was sorely disappointed. There's not enough single player content outside the Grand Prix mode compared to Crash Team Racing. Why no Adventure Mode? Why no real reason to play Time Trail outside of beating records? You should get something for pouring hours into that. The games are pitifully short, though still fun.

Most recently, there's Monster Tale. It's too short, has very uneven difficulty, is extremely linear for a Metroidvania game, has absurd amounts of backtracking (with no way to teleport) and the level design around the remarkable and deep gameplay system is lacking. Oh, and it's too short. Still worth playing, though.
User avatar
redandblack64
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: September 24th, 2009, 9:30 am
Location: Denver, Colorado

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests