Most disappointing games ever

Re: Most disappointing games ever

Postby Gehshi Tyukinomi » July 30th, 2011, 3:01 am

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

It was too short, Plus Its all shooting, Unlike the previous games.
And it fucks up the story. E.G. The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore, Its all "ABERFORTH WE NEED TO USE YOUR PAINTING TO GET TO HOGWARTS." Then the youngest of the Dumbledore siblings open it instead of bringing Nevile ;_;

NOW FOR THE OTHER GAMES

Sims Medieval

Glitchyglitchyglitchglitch
Gehshi Tyukinomi

Postby FlamingDbag » July 30th, 2011, 6:28 am

Gehshi Tyukinomi wrote:Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

When I saw the Part 1 game trailer, I laughed so hard at the idea to make it a FPS shooter.
FlamingDbag

Postby Jops » July 30th, 2011, 7:13 am

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Dragon Age 2.
I'm not callig it an awful piece of crap, 'cause it actually isn't: there's some sparks of genious in there, interesting concepts and, considering the devs only had one year to develop the game, i gotta give them they did a pretty good job.

But, all in all, from Bioware i expected better: the main story couldn't get me hooked, half the NPCs were more annoying than amusing, most combats felt awfully repetitive and the recycling of the same locations definitely didn't help in keeping the interest alive. Too bad.
Jops

Jops

Postby Wander Tones » July 30th, 2011, 9:26 am

FlamingDbag wrote:edit: I just played Big Rigs.
Spoiler! :
SIIIIIIGGH...

FlamingDbag can say it better than I ever can.

Oh, did you ever go in reverse? That's the most fun I've had in a racing game... for the five seconds it was entertaining.
Q wrote:A couple of hours ago, I realised that my body was no longer functioning properly. I felt weak - I could no longer stand. The life was oozing out of me; I lost consciousness.
Picard wrote:You fell asleep.

Wander Tones

Location: There's this one little corner of my bedroom, and it has a laptop...

Postby FlamingDbag » July 30th, 2011, 9:42 am

Wander Tones wrote:
FlamingDbag wrote:edit: I just played Big Rigs.
Spoiler! :
SIIIIIIGGH...

FlamingDbag can say it better than I ever can.

Oh, did you ever go in reverse? That's the most fun I've had in a racing game... for the five seconds it was entertaining.

Yes. I really wish there was a rear view though, because that would of made me want to navigate so much easier.
It's really, really embarrassing to say that the reverse controls (including turning) is BEYOND SUPERIOR to the forward ones. Not including the infinite max speed, it just should of been like that. I don't CARE if I'm driving a truck, it's just... wow.

The game as a whole though, it's not even good as a comedy beyond 5 minutes like I thought it would be. It's very quickly goes from hilarity-bad to chronically depressing.
I did not buy it, I downloaded it. And I'm even sad I wasted bandwidth on downloading it. And considering it was only 200mb, THAT is saying something.
FlamingDbag

Postby Seven Rain » July 30th, 2011, 10:10 am

Sorrows Neptune wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:
Sorrows Neptune wrote:Gods Eater Burst, because of how darn mediocre it was. The gameplay is pretty fun at first, but it eventually gets way too repetitive, all of the characters are at least a little cliche, and the story was okay. Honestly the most fun I had out of that game was dressing up my character with different clothes.

I got halfway through the game before telling myself "Screw it, I'm selling this game and moving on to something else."

Sorry to sound like a dick, but before I can even take this post seriously, I have to ask; Have you ever played/enjoyed Monster Hunter?

No, I have not played any Monster Hunter games. How exactly does this effect how seriously you can take my post? I'm confused. :?

Because one of the major complaints about Monster Hunter games are from people that get sick of playing it. God Eater is a MH clone, and hearing you be disappointed by it because it's repetitive kinda reassures me that MH-style games just aren't your thing, haha.
Despite what TM says, I still look forward to getting God Eater Burst sometime.

Sorrows Neptune wrote:And there was those negative reviews it was getting outside Japan. I really should have paid attention to those.

... You... You can't be serious. I'm sorry, if I try to say anymore I'll probably end up saying something I regret later.
Seven Rain

Postby FlamingDbag » July 30th, 2011, 10:18 am

Speaking of MH clones, I looked at Phantasy Star Portable 2 the other day.
Oh fuck it looks awesome, but I'm not paying around $50 to get it...
FlamingDbag

Postby Sorrows Neptune » July 30th, 2011, 12:57 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Sorrows Neptune wrote:And there was those negative reviews it was getting outside Japan. I really should have paid attention to those.

... You... You can't be serious. I'm sorry, if I try to say anymore I'll probably end up saying something I regret later.

Just to be clear, I'm referring to God Eater. And to be fair the reviews I read weren't negative per se, they just stated the game was mediocre. (I tend to be using mediocre as a negative term, so I should stop that.) They also pointed out all the negative aspects I would come to dislike, and hence why I should of probably paid more attention to them.

I'll probably try out Monster Hunter eventually, since I hear such good things about it, but maybe the likes of it and God Eater just aren't my kind of game.
Sorrows Neptune

Postby Seven Rain » July 30th, 2011, 1:03 pm

I was more irked by the fact that you'd even use reviews to judge a game. I'm sorry, but it bugs me to no end seeing people take reviews seriously.
Even more so when they take reviews in the West even more seriously than ones from Japan when it comes to Japanese games. Some of my favorite games have been well received in Japan but hated in the west, but that's just me.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » July 30th, 2011, 2:03 pm

My biggest gripe with reviews isn't the reviews themselves, (except in very moronic cases like Justin McElroy's reviews. If you can't figure out how parts of the game work you have absolutely no right to review it,) as much as it is how many gamers out there take them as the defining truth about a game. Whenever someone is talking about games and tries to bring sales or game review scores into the discussion it makes me want to yell "NO!" and wallop them over the head with a newspaper.

If less people took reviews seriously I wouldn't have such a vendetta against them, haha. At the end of the day reviews are just lengthy opinions with a score at the end. People shouldn't take a score over experiencing a game and trying it out for themselves, I say.

That said I do enjoy reviews that are informative. When I'm thinking about trying a game that I know very little about reviews can help in that sense, but I like it when it's more "you do this, and some of this, while this happens and the game works like this" instead of "this part sucked and it's stupid how you have to blah blah, but the blabbity blah was perfect and awesome despite how much blah sucked."
Seven Rain

Postby nousherwan » July 30th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Oh, and did I mention Pokemon Trozei? It was so weird. The people had huge eyes, and they were drawn. Oh, and search up Lucy FleetFoot on Google. SHE IS 22. IN A GAME IN WHICH YOU CONTROL 10 YEAR OLDS.
Murder,slaughter,crime,destruction,extinction.....is this what we have become?
nousherwan

Postby Seven Rain » July 30th, 2011, 2:33 pm

nousherwan wrote:Oh, and search up Lucy FleetFoot on Google. SHE IS 22. IN A GAME IN WHICH YOU CONTROL 10 YEAR OLDS.

... So?
Seven Rain

Postby FlamingDbag » July 30th, 2011, 9:05 pm

Oh yeah.
Starwars Battlefront Elite Squadron on DS
Oh god what was that.
FlamingDbag

Postby FlamingDbag » July 30th, 2011, 9:23 pm

TerminalMontage wrote:
FlamingDbag wrote:Oh yeah.
Starwars Battlefront Elite Squadron on DS
Oh god what was that.

Wait, what? That exists? I love Battlefront, but I can only imagine how it would be on DS.

This sums it up.
Multiplayer has bots but can only go up to 4 players max.
And every vehicle in the game has it's own game mode sort of thing. So it's not in normal battles...
FlamingDbag

Postby Sorrows Neptune » August 4th, 2011, 2:47 pm

Seven Rain wrote:I was more irked by the fact that you'd even use reviews to judge a game. I'm sorry, but it bugs me to no end seeing people take reviews seriously.
Even more so when they take reviews in the West even more seriously than ones from Japan when it comes to Japanese games. Some of my favorite games have been well received in Japan but hated in the west, but that's just me.

I usually don't takes reviews too seriously, and ultimately they only slightly affect my decision to purchase a game. I just found it ironic that the one time I completely ignore the reviews for a game, I end up not liking it. I agree though that people need to take reviews less seriously, especially since most gaming websites use the 10-point rating scale incorrectly.

nousherwan wrote:Oh, and did I mention Pokemon Trozei? It was so weird. The people had huge eyes, and they were drawn. Oh, and search up Lucy FleetFoot on Google.

Big eyes? Oh it can't be that bad.
*Googles "Lucy FleetFoot"*
OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS?!
Sorrows Neptune

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games