Page 22 of 23

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2015, 2:05 pm
by XxVanitasXx
Seven Rain wrote:YO EXTREME BUTODEN HAS A TV SPOT AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON.

This isn't enough. Damn, I need to see more, I need to see some straight-up matches being played. This looks bananas.


Well from what I got is that there will be lots and lots of characters, majority of them might be assist characters.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2015, 2:37 pm
by Seven Rain
Yeah, definitely gonna be tons of assist characters. I need more glimpses of gameplay and mechanics, though, it's killing me not knowing more! I'm still reluctant to even buy into my own hype considering how bad I am at most 2D fighters and how little I care about the majority of 2D DBZ fighters, but damn this game is driving me wild. I guess it's safe to say the fact that we know so little is exactly why this game has so much of my interest.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: March 24th, 2015, 2:50 am
by XxVanitasXx
Seven Rain wrote:Yeah, definitely gonna be tons of assist characters. I need more glimpses of gameplay and mechanics, though, it's killing me not knowing more! I'm still reluctant to even buy into my own hype considering how bad I am at most 2D fighters and how little I care about the majority of 2D DBZ fighters, but damn this game is driving me wild. I guess it's safe to say the fact that we know so little is exactly why this game has so much of my interest.


Right? I can also see that once this game is out, sprites will most definitely be ripped from the game and applied to many things like comics and M.U.G.E.N.

Okay one disappointing thing about Xenoverse's story would be them skipping right to the Cell Games. There was SO MUCH they could have done with the androids, imperfect forms of Cell etc.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: March 24th, 2015, 12:43 pm
by Seven Rain
XxVanitasXx wrote:Okay one disappointing thing about Xenoverse's story would be them skipping right to the Cell Games. There was SO MUCH they could have done with the androids, imperfect forms of Cell etc.

Honestly if I was bummed about any missed story stuff it would be Namek saga, but since they went with weird time shenanigans I gave the missing story chunks a pass. There's always a chance for sequels to fill in other stuff.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: March 27th, 2015, 1:44 am
by Seven Rain

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2015, 10:13 am
by XxVanitasXx


Yes along with SSJGSSJ Goku and Vegeta, moves, outfits and Elder Kai mentor.

Maybe it's too early to talk about this but, if Xenoverse 2 would be made (which would be amazing) what would you expect from it? Like, improvements, adding new stuff etc.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2015, 5:43 pm
by Seven Rain
XxVanitasXx wrote:what would you expect from it?

Ergh, I've always had an aversion to speculation sans rare cases, especially with DBZ games that love to take mixes of steps forwards and back.
I can however talk about what I hope for; Which is obviously more characters, more CAC options, more offline options, (like difficulty settings, timer options, etc.) and some muhfuggin online balance and cheater/hacker removal. I don't want to touch multiplayer until I know it's safe to expect good fights instead of exploits and hackers.

I do think it's safe to expect a sequel, though. That's some speculation I won't hesitate to comment on. Xenoverse is one of the biggest DBZ games in forever, both in development and in reception and sales. It's practically a revival of the DBZ game scene in gamers who hated on Spike's post-BT3 releases. On top of that the end of Xenoverse teased a sequel, so I think it's safe to assume Bamco plans on sticking Dimps back in that Xenoverse seat.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 12:27 pm
by XxVanitasXx
Seven Rain wrote:Which is obviously more characters, more CAC options


Since it's Dimps, they should bring in characters/transformations from Dragon Ball Heroes, that is like the treasure horde for characters. More CAC options yes, like give saiyans tails as an option. Makes you wonder if they just got lazy and recycled human models for saiyans.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 3:17 pm
by James-James
Figured I'd share this here, as I find it very interesting. A series of blog posts on Dragonball manga art. I've always been fond of Toriyama's earlier style during the original Dragonball series, and these posts do a good job in articulating a lot of what makes his stuff so good.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: May 24th, 2015, 1:09 pm
by XxVanitasXx
So now that PC modding is a thing in Xenoverse, of course everyone's modding saiyans. Not gonna deny the quality of mods tho.



Seriously tho, where the majin mods at? Especially female ones.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: July 30th, 2015, 2:31 am
by XxVanitasXx
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

There's a Xenoverse survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H56SQWS

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: May 17th, 2016, 10:04 am
by Seven Rain
Xenoverse 2 is happening!

The official site is still broken, and the teaser doesn't show off much, but it's still hype!
Movie/TV Special and OG Dragon Ball characters, no last-gen releases or big graphics overhauls to tie up development, just months and months worth of new content and hopefully some polished gameplay and more features.

I was beginning to worry we wouldn't be getting this, what with Bamco pushing out stuff like Extreme Butoden and that weird fusion game, but I'm pumped to see an actual sequel to something for the first time since Raging Blast 2. This series thrives on sequels. Can't wait to see how much has changed between games.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: May 17th, 2016, 12:07 pm
by Raging Ghost
Seven Rain wrote:Xenoverse 2 is happening!

The official site is still broken, and the teaser doesn't show off much, but it's still hype!
Movie/TV Special and OG Dragon Ball characters, no last-gen releases or big graphics overhauls to tie up development, just months and months worth of new content and hopefully some polished gameplay and more features.

I was beginning to worry we wouldn't be getting this, what with Bamco pushing out stuff like Extreme Butoden and that weird fusion game, but I'm pumped to see an actual sequel to something for the first time since Raging Blast 2. This series thrives on sequels. Can't wait to see how much has changed between games.


I'll say the same thing that I did on the general gaming thread, if I want to justify buying another console for that, they better make at least the clothing not affect stats.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: May 17th, 2016, 10:35 pm
by maelstrom51210
It looks like they're putting in more movie characters. I just hope they'll add in some characters from the original Dragon Ball.

Re: Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: May 18th, 2016, 1:18 am
by Seven Rain
Raging Ghost wrote:I'll say the same thing that I did on the general gaming thread, if I want to justify buying another console for that, they better make at least the clothing not affect stats.

There's no telling what all has changed, but that would definitely be a welcome change. I'd love to have a chance to play some Xenoverse 2 with ya!
Especially since I'm not grabbing the Steam version this time.

maelstrom51210 wrote:It looks like they're putting in more movie characters. I just hope they'll add in some characters from the original Dragon Ball.

I'm sure we're getting Dragon Ball! The teaser/countdown site had tons of artwork floating around on it, including DBZ movie posters and Dragon Ball compilation/movie posters.