The Let's Plays Thread

The Let's Plays Thread

Postby robybang » September 16th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Anyone here like/do Let's Plays? They're basically recording yourself playing a game while giving commentary.

I mainly watch Pushing Up Roses LPs of edutainment games as well as Chip Cheezum and Slowbeef doing Retsupuraes (which make fun of other LPers bad commentaries/video quality). As for doing an LP, I've thought about it and have the stuff I need to make one, but I don't have the time and would have to think of a game that would be interesting to watch and I could give commentary of.
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Re: The Let's Plays Thread

Postby tezzle » September 16th, 2011, 7:51 pm

He's only Let's Played one game to my knowledge (not counting when ALL of Team Fourstar plays games online together), but Lanipator Let's Played "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" and I LOVED every minute of it. He was literally not the slightest bit scared of this game, and did nothing but have fun with something that is clearly supposed to be mind-cripplingly traumatizing. XD He's planning on playing the DLC that came out for it and I am SO excited for that.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby blankd » September 16th, 2011, 8:01 pm

The Dark Id has it down pat and can turn even shitty games into AMAZING LPs. There is an amazing LP of FF13 in progress if anyone is interested, basically two guys (who decidedly are not the target audience of most JRPGs) are going through it blind, it is amazing.

(I got a SomethingAwful account just to watch those damn LPs)

EDIT: Here is an archive of COMPLETED LPs that are of average to awesome quality: Archive here.
EDIT2: The archive I linked is only of LPs from the SomethingAwful forums.
Last edited by blankd on September 16th, 2011, 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby Reigan » September 16th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Oh my I watch a lot of LP's alksjdha

Chuggaconroy, Nintendocaprisun, Yogscast, Two Best Friends Play (though I don't know if you'd call that an LP??), and I've also watched Lani's Amnesia LP, and I really liked that as well!!!
Reigan

Location: The land or fairy tales, gum drops, and all that good stuff.

Postby Guest » September 16th, 2011, 9:19 pm

I recommend Kikosia on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/Kikoskia). He's witty and British. Wittish.

Postby FlamingDbag » September 16th, 2011, 9:36 pm

I tried making one.
...Not doing that much time soon again.
FlamingDbag

Postby SushiGummy » September 17th, 2011, 2:13 am

CzarSquid and I actually have one for a Minecraft map. We've got nine out of ten parts up right now.

http://www.youtube.com/czarsquid#g/c/D975EE04E46BC036
SushiGummy

Postby SuperBiasedMan » September 17th, 2011, 5:51 am

Me and Bowserknight do one where he'll pick a secret game for me that I know next to nothing about and the game will serve to infuriate me with difficulty.
You hear a lot of hammering on the keyboard.

Two episodes so far but I should have more up pretty soon.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Postby RyoSoulreaper » September 17th, 2011, 11:22 am

I'm still trying to get one together. It's of Fire Emblem.

I won't post a link until I update it again.

As for my favorite LPers, my bro Littlekuribohimposte is cool, um......Datai, and CollectiveSoul are some others I enjoy.
Mageknight and McGammer too.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby DracheLehre » October 5th, 2011, 11:03 pm

I have done quite a few LP's myself! (YouTube username "drakelord56").

I have just finished Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and absolutely wrecked everything.
DracheLehre

Postby lonk » November 3rd, 2011, 2:10 pm

I've never really watched LPs before, but I read somewhere about Sonic 2006 being like a bad sonic fanfic, with this LP linked http://youtube.com/watch?v=mq6U6rBF8kk

Almost finished it (I had it playing mostly at a corner of my desktop, like tv background noise). I think the combination of me having never played this game before and it being so bad and watching them slowly lose their sanity made it quite entertaining. definitely gonna check other pokecapn LPs afterwards
bricks wrote:my mother mentioned to my uncle that i would like horror manga for my bday....so he gives me horror manga.. aka horrible manga aka 2 vols of hetalia

Seven Rain wrote:Here, how about some more animals being d-Umm... Jerks.
lonk

Postby Flygonmaster » January 15th, 2012, 11:17 am

I love the Runaway Guys, plus Josh Jepson and Icrangirl, mainly for their quotes. Here are some that I can remember:

Chuggaa: "So we're-...SCREW YOU! I thought I told you to die in the last-....Okay, I'll take it."
Josh Jepson: "Oh my god! What was the heck was the what the what the what!?"
NCS: "I am in the forest, walking around..." (His whole Forest Maze song)
ProtonJon: "Have I said DEATH WATER enough tonight?"
Icrangirl: "Wheee! Just what I needed was an intidepressant- oh, gourd."

I've done a Let's Play of Moonster Safe, here's my quote:

"Okay. Pull the lever...ooh, cute little kitty monster~!"
Mr. Aids wrote:OH NO I'M TURNING GREEN! I'M GONNA HAVE TO BUY NEW CLOTHES AGAIN.
Flygonmaster

Return to Video Games