Characters that need to appear in a fighting game.

Characters that need to appear in a fighting game.

Postby FlamingDbag » October 4th, 2011, 8:32 am

Thought this would be interesting to talk about.

TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN
After playing the hell out of Soul Calibur 4 recently, it's come to my attention that Travis would make a perfect choice as a guest character for it.
He has a fast fighting style with some damn powerful and lethal moves, he has wrestling throw moves that hurt and are done quite well and he has attitude that's not seen within the series. Also he doesn't have FORCE POWERS so he'd actually fit a lot better then the Star Wars characters they used.
On the down side, he has a light-saber just like the Star Wars characters, so because that might seem a little boring for the next guest character to also have a light-saber would probably weaken his chances of being in the next SC greatly. (Even though everything about him would be far different from the SW characters regardless...)

RATCHET & CLANK
When you're done thinking "IS THIS GUY SERIOUS", read the next sentence.
Yes, they're probably one of the oddest choices to pick for a fighting game, but considering the fact that throughout the series there's a wide variety of awesome and silly useful imaginative weapons and gadgets, they might actually work really well as a fighting game character choice. It would probably be something in the lines of Super Smash Bros. (which wouldn't actually be SSB, so it'd a Sony clone of that series) but yes, I'd like to see how well they'd turn out.

I could probably think more but none come to my mind right now.
FlamingDbag

Re: Characters that need to appear in a fighting game.

Postby Seven Rain » October 4th, 2011, 1:08 pm

Travis would be such a killer guest star in the nest SSB.

Erm... Lemme think here...
Ieyasu Tokugawa
In a game and era where everyone is running around with swords, guns and other ridiculous weaponry, Ieyasu instead runs around with gauntlets throwing punches and still fucks people up.

Kazuma Kiryu
I'll just let one of his fights do the talking.

Epsilon Eagle
Epsilon had some wild moves in Alien Soldier. Several different guns, the ability to switch between a stationary free-aim mode and a strafing-while-shooting mode, he could run on the ceiling, hover in the air, dash around and cause crazy damage if he dashes with full flashing health. He'd be a great addition to a SSB game.

Zell Dincht:
Was hopin' against hope that this dude would make it into 012. Dissidia or not it'd be great to play as this guy in any fighting game.
He was like Tifa on a fistful of drugs.

Alex from RCR
Bonus points if they keep him in a funky 8-Bit style and animation, sort of like Game & Watch from SSB.

I better stop now before I make this post any bigger, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » October 4th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Zell Dincht:
Was hopin' against hope that this dude would make it into 012. Dissidia or not it'd be great to play as this guy in any fighting game.

The guy gets no respect, no respect at all. He has the most practical weapon(next to having a gun) traveling with the guy with the most impractical weapon.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Froken Keke » October 4th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Ecco the Dolphin.

Because it would be amazing.
It's actually Fröken Keke, there's a difference.
Froken Keke

Postby eishiya » October 4th, 2011, 3:03 pm

eishiya

Postby redandblack64 » October 4th, 2011, 3:14 pm

I'm just going to say that there should be a Shonen Jump vs. Capcom. In other words, all of Shonen Jump's characters should be in a Capcom fighter, even though most of them already have fighting games.
redandblack64

Postby Ricardioeatingsometacos » October 4th, 2011, 5:54 pm

Heck I thought that there should be so many people in SSBB I have an entire notebook full of stats and shit..I need a hobby. But more for this thread:

Yoko. Perfect for a fighting game.
Ricardioeatingsometacos

Postby KonaTobennh » October 4th, 2011, 8:06 pm

For Boss Fights?
Spoiler! :
KonaTobennh

Postby MacSimon » October 4th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Spoiler! :

They're just asking for it.
MacSimon

Postby Vitotamito » October 4th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Fyrebrand » October 4th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Zell Dincht:

I know those Dissidia games are out there, and I hear they're pretty decent fun, but I still want to see a regular, 2D, Street Fighter-style fighting game. Like Final Fantasy VS. Capcom. God, please let that happen.

Hmm, now I need to figure out which FF characters would be in it, because clearly it's up to me to decide...

FF4: Cecil (switches between Dark Knight and Paladin "stances"), Kain (long-range spear attacks, high jumps), Golbez (summons Four Fiends who jump in for special elemental attacks)

FF6: Terra (attacks with Ultima Weapon and magic projectiles), Locke (fast and agile, can temporarily steal opponent's weapon), Sabin (the Zangief of FF), Mog (riding on a Chocobo)

FF7: Cloud (because there's no way they wouldn't include him, anyway he plays like Ryu), Tifa (do I even need to justify this?), Red XIII (small and quick FTW!)

FF8: Rinoa (fights as a team with Angelo the dog), Zell (because Zell), Irvine (crazy gun attacks, yay!)

FF9: Steiner (just to hear his armor clanking around the whole fight)

FF10: Auron (because he wins, every time), Lulu (I'm sure there are 1001 awesome magic spells she could do)

FF10-2: Yuna (as a Gunner, naturally), Rikku/Yuffie (super team combo!!!)

FF12: Balthier (hmm, a lot of gun characters, but I can't not have him), Fran (goes into a Mist frenzy and completely loses it)

FF13: Lightning (switches between short/long ranged weapon stances)

Honorable Mentions: Agrias (FF Tactics), Edgar (FF6), Cactuar, Behemoth

Wow, that is already a ton of characters, and it was even difficult to narrow it down to just those. There are just too many awesome FF characters that need to be in a fighting game!
Fyrebrand

Postby Guest » October 4th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Vitotamito wrote:Image

His Final Smash Would Be Auto-Correction.

Postby Seven Rain » October 5th, 2011, 3:35 am

Fyrebrand wrote:I know those Dissidia games are out there, and I hear they're pretty decent fun, but I still want to see a regular, 2D, Street Fighter-style fighting game. Like Final Fantasy VS. Capcom. God, please let that happen.

Eh, sorry to say I've always preferred more freedom-heavy fighting games than 2D Capcom-esque fighters. I do enjoy Ark System Works and SNK games but I'm glad Square went with the style they went with in Dissidia, haha.
Last edited by Seven Rain on January 15th, 2012, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Rain

Postby FlamingDbag » October 5th, 2011, 3:54 am

SPARKSTER
...But really, I just want him to appear in a Smash Bros. game. I mean that would be awesome as hell.
FlamingDbag

Postby Seven Rain » October 5th, 2011, 3:59 am

Bonus points if he appeared alongside Epsilon. I'd have epic brawls with Epsilon and Sparkster.
Seven Rain

Next

Return to Video Games