Characters that need to appear in a fighting game.

Re: Characters that need to appear in a fighting game.

Postby Afrohawkman » January 23rd, 2012, 1:33 am

Seven Rain wrote:Wasn't there some rumor going around of Sony making some equivalent of SSB? If they did that Spyro and Crash would make appearances for sure, haha.

I kind of remember this rumor but I don't remember what it's called at all. All I remember is thinking that it'd be pretty good but I'm too un-savvy in the world of Sony to know who they'd use for their exclusive characters. I mean I'd love them to bring back some of their old guys...Spyro and Crash would be pretty epic.

Also for SSB4:

It's a stretch, but it could happen. The two of them had a TON of moves by the end of Banjo Tooie. Figuring out their moveset wouldn't be finding which moves would work best but deciding on which moves to actually go with on the final product. There's just...so much potential.

Speaking of RARE, maybe another Kong should show up too. I'm thinking someone from DK64. Lanky, Tiny and Chunky Kong all had pretty unique moves, it'd be interesting to see which one of them they would go with if they were to be chosen.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » January 23rd, 2012, 2:24 am

The only Kong I'd like to see make a new appearance in the next SSB would be Funky Kong, haha.
Partying all day err day.

Afrohawkman wrote:All I remember is thinking that it'd be pretty good but I'm too un-savvy in the world of Sony to know who they'd use for their exclusive characters.

As apathetic as I am to a Sony SSB equivalent there are a surprising number of characters I can imagine them using:
  • Spyro
  • Crash
  • Ratchet, (and maybe Clank)
  • Sly
  • Jak, (and maybe Daxter)
  • Sackboy
  • Ico or Wander
  • Sir Dan
  • Lara Croft
  • Cole
  • Nathan Drake
  • Kratos
  • Sweet Tooth
  • A Helghast
... And maybe some third-party appearances like Snake and Cloud. Not to mention tossing in some adversaries from the respective series these characters hail from.
Seven Rain

Postby FlamingDbag » January 23rd, 2012, 4:55 am

Ratchet would definitely have Clank on his back.
Jak I'm not sure because I don't remember Daxter doing much team work stuff with him, but I played Jak 3 YEARS ago and only remember shooting and... uh... platforming. And shooting.
FlamingDbag

Postby Afrohawkman » January 23rd, 2012, 10:23 am

Seven Rain wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:All I remember is thinking that it'd be pretty good but I'm too un-savvy in the world of Sony to know who they'd use for their exclusive characters.

As apathetic as I am to a Sony SSB equivalent there are a surprising number of characters I can imagine them using:
  • Spyro
  • Crash
  • Ratchet, (and maybe Clank)
  • Sly
  • Jak, (and maybe Daxter)
  • Sackboy
  • Ico or Wander
  • Sir Dan
  • Lara Croft
  • Cole
  • Nathan Drake
  • Kratos
  • Sweet Tooth
  • A Helghast
... And maybe some third-party appearances like Snake and Cloud. Not to mention tossing in some adversaries from the respective series these characters hail from.

As great as that list looks (I could've probably gotten the first five and then given up there, all great characters), once you put in Kratos you kind of mess everything up. I mean, he's the God of War, if he's losing to someone like Sackboy that's just wicked crazy. To be fair, I wonder how..."serious" the game would be.
Afrohawkman

Postby SushiGummy » January 23rd, 2012, 10:53 am

Afrohawkman wrote:As great as that list looks (I could've probably gotten the first five and then given up there, all great characters), once you put in Kratos you kind of mess everything up. I mean, he's the God of War, if he's losing to someone like Sackboy that's just wicked crazy. To be fair, I wonder how..."serious" the game would be.

Hasn't Kratos already been announced for it? Or did my memory just make that part up?

For the next Smash Bros, I honestly think Dixie Kong is most-likely going to be the new DK character. Funky Kong and K. Rool are a slight maybe. I'm thinking Funky Kong will be an assist trophy.
SushiGummy

Postby Afrohawkman » January 23rd, 2012, 11:00 am

Oh, Kratos was already announced? Well shit, he's gotta be really broken. I hope.

Funky Kong would be an amazing Assist Trophy. If he summons a barrel like in the Donkey Kong level of the original SSB, I think I would cry. I miss those barrels. They were so wacky.

Yeah now that I think about it though, Dixie Kong would make way more sense considering the DKC era. Tiny Kong is kind of a younger Dixie anyway.

You know who would be a great character? Daisy. Ditch the dress, give her her Tennis or Mario Strikers Charged outfit, have her kick some ass. I can think of many ways to make her not a clone of Peach, it's a shame she hasn't been used yet. Then again, the roster's getting bigger and bigger every time. Soon...c'mon Nintendo...make my day...
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » January 23rd, 2012, 11:05 am

Afrohawkman wrote:once you put in Kratos you kind of mess everything up. I mean, he's the God of War, if he's losing to someone like Sackboy that's just wicked crazy.

No crazier than Ganondorf losing to Olimar or Pikachu, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » January 23rd, 2012, 11:08 am

Seven Rain wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:once you put in Kratos you kind of mess everything up. I mean, he's the God of War, if he's losing to someone like Sackboy that's just wicked crazy.

But he's not the God of War. He's just the King of Evil. Kings don't have to be all that good at fighting, but Kratos is the God of WAR.
Afrohawkman

Postby SushiGummy » January 23rd, 2012, 11:53 am

Afrohawkman wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

But he's not the God of War. He's just the King of Evil. Kings don't have to be all that good at fighting, but Kratos is the God of WAR.

I bet Jigglypuff could take him.
SushiGummy

Postby RyoSoulreaper » January 23rd, 2012, 11:56 am

Afrohawkman wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

Tonn Link Vs. Kratos.

INTENSE STYLE BATTLE.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » January 23rd, 2012, 11:59 am

SushiGummy wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:But he's not the God of War. He's just the King of Evil. Kings don't have to be all that good at fighting, but Kratos is the God of WAR.

REST REST REST REST REST!
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » January 23rd, 2012, 12:31 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
SushiGummy wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:But he's not the God of War. He's just the King of Evil. Kings don't have to be all that good at fighting, but Kratos is the God of WAR.

REST REST REST REST REST!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Yeah you're probably right, I don't know what I was thinking.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » January 23rd, 2012, 12:41 pm

Sidenote: Rest is the ultimate method of trolling SSB newcomers.
"Hmm... Never played Smash Bros. before... Guess I'll just be Mario or someth-Haha, dude, why are you being Jigglypuff?"
"No reason. Image"
Seven Rain

Postby MySiliconSoul » January 24th, 2012, 11:38 am

Muddy Mole from Mole Mania.
MySiliconSoul

Postby Durvin » January 29th, 2012, 1:07 am

A whole game devoted to black-and-white B-Movies: the helmet-wearing gorilla from "Ro-Man", the satyr from "Manos: Hands of Fate", the Metalunan monster from "This Island Earth", Dracula from any number of movies, Vampirella from "Plan 9", and as a secret boss, King Fausto and his army of zombie space cadets from "Forbidden Zone".
Durvin

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games