Page 4 of 6

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 8:33 pm
by Darmanarya
Command and conquer tiberium saga following kane and NOD. TO REPLACE THE FOURTH PIECE OF (rant censored)

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 10:29 pm
by Seven Rain
Raging Ghost wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:Okay Saints Row. But that's where I draw the line.


This. I'm willing to bet that if there's a movie adaptation of these games, it would be a deconstruction of the typical gangster movie, yet who got it's own story. Just like the planned Deadpool movie.

I dunno, I would kind of hope they'd keep the John Woo style of the games instead of make it a typical gangster movie... Unless they made it a comedy, but 90 minutes of SR humor might not work too well so they'd need some different writers.



Advertisement wrote:Most movies based on games suck. The only good ones I have seen are animated. Prof. Layton, Halo, Sonic, and the Japenese animated Mario Movie. If you are going to base a movie on a game, make it the same style as the game itself. Live action sucks!

I agree with you to an extent, but my friend, there is one live action VG movie you need to see;
Image



Advertisement wrote:Anyway, I would like to see a Team Fortress 2 movie. It can be like the Meet The Team Series. The animation is smooth, and they are fucking hilarious.

This. It would be, (much like how TV Tropes described the vids,) like a twisted Pixar movie.



Afrohawkman wrote:Is no one going to mention the Metal Gear series? That series is practically a movie already.

That's exactly why we don't need a movie of it, haha.
The only way I'd want a MGS movie is if Kojima wrote a completely original plot, independent of the games, and had complete creative control.



Nocturnal-biatch wrote:There was a sonic movie? Post a link or something.

It's simply called "Sonic the Hedgehog the Movie." It's pretty cool. It's kinda like a loose adaption of Sonic CD, and even uses animation similar to the opening.
You can watch it on YT.
*EDIT*
Whoops, looks like I was beaten to the punch by Advertisement.



Ultima527 wrote:but I don't think it's the fact that they're live action that makes them bad.

In some cases it would... Depending on how cartoony the game is.



... Lots of responses, haha.

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 10:36 pm
by FlamingDbag
Seven Rain wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:Is no one going to mention the Metal Gear series? That series is practically a movie already.

That's exactly why we don't need a movie of it, haha.
The only way I'd want a MGS movie is if Kojima wrote a completely original plot, independent of the games, and had complete creative control.


Metal Gear's honestly too huge for a cinema movie. And they'd probably change too much to keep entirely ture.

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 10:39 pm
by Seven Rain
FlamingDbag wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:Is no one going to mention the Metal Gear series? That series is practically a movie already.

That's exactly why we don't need a movie of it, haha.
The only way I'd want a MGS movie is if Kojima wrote a completely original plot, independent of the games, and had complete creative control.


Metal Gear's honestly too huge for a cinema movie. And they'd probably change too much to keep entirely ture.

Which is exactly why I'd want Kojima to write something new. That way it could keep the feel of the series without butchering a specific title or cutting out tons of stuff.

Honestly, Metal Gear or not I'd just love to see Kojima get into films.

*EDIT*
Hmmmmm...
Director Hideo Kojima confirmed in 2006 that a film adaptation of Metal Gear Solid was in development. He also hinted that the movie may be set in Alaska, the original setting for the game. Despite pitching his ideas regarding the movie, the voice of Solid Snake, David Hayter, will not be writing the final script, appearing in the movie or directing the film. However, a petition has been started by fans to get Hayter involved in writing the script. The movie's producers hoped to invite Kurt Wimmer to write the movie, but the final decision has not yet been announced, but DeLuca dismissed the claim. According to an interview in Nuts magazine actor Christian Bale is interested in playing Solid Snake in the film.

I remember hearing something about Hayter writing a script but for some reason I thought the whole idea was canned... But now I know it's still happening, and that it won't be an original story nor will Hayter have anything to do with it?
Not sure if want...

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 12:07 am
by Mr Aids
They need to hurry up and make that Bioshock movie.

Also I want to hear a Big Daddy say "Who's your daddy" to the protagonist.

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 12:30 am
by Seven Rain
Mr Aids wrote:Also I want to hear a Big Daddy say "Who's your daddy" to the protagonist.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened in a Gamestop commercial yet.

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 1:56 am
by Guest
Seven Rain wrote:
Advertisement wrote:Most movies based on games suck. The only good ones I have seen are animated. Prof. Layton, Halo, Sonic, and the Japenese animated Mario Movie. If you are going to base a movie on a game, make it the same style as the game itself. Live action sucks!

I agree with you to an extent, but my friend, there is one live action VG movie you need to see;
Image

... Lots of responses, haha.

Mortal Kombat was a great live action adaption that I liked with Sweet Home. What I liked in particular was that they had scenes inspired by the game and kept loyal to the original plot and and didn't make a new lame plot like The Super Mario Movie did.

(Sweet Home film was very loyal to the game. One of the characters even had the same death scene
Video game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcxSasG ... re=related
Film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dmFtsmv ... re=related )

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 11:44 am
by lonk
Vanessa 999999999 wrote:The Legend of Zelda (Everything except the CD-i games)



I'd watch a live action adaptation of the CD-i game


But really.. a Zelda anime would be pretty damn neat (unless they've already done it?), if they had a similar style to the OOT manga.

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 3:21 pm
by Rivana
Afrohawkman wrote:Is no one going to mention the Metal Gear series? That series is practically a movie already.


Was going to! But you beat me to it...

but then considering the bad rep of movies based from video games, sometimes I think they need to leave MGS alone :P

Oh I heard there's going to be a Warcraft movie?

on a tangent, I actually liked the movie adaptation of Silent Hill. I felt like I was playing the game.

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 6:47 pm
by gun21

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 7:10 pm
by Ultima527
Seven Rain wrote:
Ultima527 wrote:but I don't think it's the fact that they're live action that makes them bad.

In some cases it would... Depending on how cartoony the game is.


Exactly. It all depends on the game. For example; they were right to make Resident Evil live action (but wrong to make it have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAMES!)

Personally, I would like to see a CGI Super Mario Brothers movie. The live action movie was awful. In fact, I didn't even know it was Super Mario Brothers until it got to a commercial break (I saw it on Disney Channel. That's right, Disney Channel).

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 7:19 pm
by RyoSoulreaper
Ultima527 wrote:they were right to make Resident Evil live action

They already exist. Like 4.

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 8:06 pm
by Ultima527
RyoSoulreaper wrote:
Ultima527 wrote:they were right to make Resident Evil live action

They already exist. Like 4.


I know. I actually saw the first one.
I didn't hate Alice......I just don't like the fact that they totally made her up instead of using...I don't know, someone from the games?
I know people from the games appear, but Alice is still the main character for some reason...

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 8:28 pm
by malcolm hex
i wouldn't mind seeing a portal movie.
loz could be really good if they have an idea on which game they wanna focus the plot around.
contra would be another goodie too as well as ninja gaiden.

i would say castlevania but its getting a movie...just wish it wasn't the nerfherders who did the saw franchise making it.

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 9:42 pm
by Froken Keke
Can't we please just keep the two mediums apart? Games work best as games.