Above and Beyond and Thomas Bergersen

Above and Beyond and Thomas Bergersen

Postby AuroraArt » March 14th, 2012, 9:10 pm

Two of my top favorite musicians! I don't know if anyone here know who they are, but they are sooo awesome! Above and Beyond is a trance music made in Europe. Thomas Bergersen is a Norwegian composer who does epic songs. Here are two songs that are awesome and epic:

Thomas Bergersen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1qzm3UUTrg

Above and Beyond:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4nVy0PAPjU

What do you guys think about these musicians?
AuroraArt

Re: Above and Beyond and Thomas Bergersen

Postby Jops » March 15th, 2012, 5:37 am

Hell yeah! Thomas Bergersen has been in my playlist for a few years now.
As i mentioned in other threads, instrumental/lyricless music tracks are my best inspiration. Epic music just does the job perfectly.
If I'm not wrong he composed a lot for Two Steps From Hell, which is one of my favorites studios... they got a large and high quality selection of tracks.

Above and Beyond are new to me and, so far, judging from the youtube vid you posted, i've to admit I'm not particularly impressed.
Reminds me of a crossbreed between the Mirror's Edge piano theme and Pendulum, but still falling short of both. Sorry.
Jops

Jops

Postby AuroraArt » March 15th, 2012, 10:31 am

Ooh, okay. Sorry about that. I thought some people liked Above and Beyond, but oh well...

Thomas Bergersen is still great though! I started to listen to him about three weeks ago. I'm a big fan of epic music too. But yeah, I just wanted to see if anyone else knew what Above and Beyond were.
AuroraArt

Postby Jops » March 15th, 2012, 10:59 am

AuroraArt wrote:Ooh, okay. Sorry about that. I thought some people liked Above and Beyond, but oh well...

Hey, hey, no need to apologize. That was merely my opinion after checking out a few of their songs... not really a positive one, true, but my opinion isn't a universal rule. You're totally entitled to disagree with me, think they're awesome and carry on with that. ^^

AuroraArt wrote:I'm a big fan of epic music too.

If you're not doing it already, i recommend you to check out the youtube channels of Jennyni200, park0urfreak and xDarkLegacyx2.
You'll find enough tracks to fill a 24h long playlist of epic music. ^^
Jops

Jops

Postby AuroraArt » March 15th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Oh! Thank you. :lol: I mean, not everyone will like the same thing. But yeah, thank you for your honest opinion. ^_^

And yeah, I'll definitely check out their music. Thanks for showing me their usernames! :D

You know... I've noticed that a lot of people like epic music. My little sister and I saw a commercial for Mass Effect 3 of the video game, and she said, "They should make more 3D action movies!" Add a little epic music in there (even if it's Thomas Bergersen's music), and bam! You got an awesome 3D action/adventure movie!
AuroraArt

Postby Seven Rain » March 15th, 2012, 4:13 pm

AuroraArt wrote:Thomas Bergersen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1qzm3UUTrg

Wow, this one's pretty awesome. I'll have to try listening to more sometime.
Seven Rain

Postby Jops » March 15th, 2012, 4:25 pm

AuroraArt wrote:You know... I've noticed that a lot of people like epic music. My little sister and I saw a commercial for Mass Effect 3 of the video game, and she said, "They should make more 3D action movies!" Add a little epic music in there (even if it's Thomas Bergersen's music), and bam! You got an awesome 3D action/adventure movie!

Well, the track used in the ME3 trailer is actually his.
"Protectors of Earth" by Thomas Bergersen, from the album Legend published by Two Steps From Hell.

Other popular composers on the genre are Mark Petrie and Cliff Lin (who's more industrial rock, tho).
But there's countless others who're not so well known and you only dicover their works trough the companies that publish them:
X-Ray Dog, Brand X Music, Future World Music, PostHaste Music, Immediate Music, Two Steps Form Hell, Groove Works, Killer Tracks, PostHaste Music, Epic Score, Audiomachine, Sonic Librarian, Corner Stone Cues... and i'm sure i'm still misisng a few.
Jops

Jops

Postby AuroraArt » March 16th, 2012, 5:24 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Wow, this one's pretty awesome. I'll have to try listening to more sometime.

Oh yeah! Bergersen's music is full of awesomeness! 8-)

Jops wrote:Well, the track used in the ME3 trailer is actually his.
"Protectors of Earth" by Thomas Bergersen, from the album Legend published by Two Steps From Hell.

Other popular composers on the genre are Mark Petrie and Cliff Lin (who's more industrial rock, tho).
But there's countless others who're not so well known and you only dicover their works trough the companies that publish them:
X-Ray Dog, Brand X Music, Future World Music, PostHaste Music, Immediate Music, Two Steps Form Hell, Groove Works, Killer Tracks, PostHaste Music, Epic Score, Audiomachine, Sonic Librarian, Corner Stone Cues... and i'm sure i'm still misisng a few.

Really?! I didn't know that. Wow...

Yeah, I've heard of some of these guys. They're pretty cool too. There are even some people on Youtube that are making their own music. It's good to see people who love music share their songs with others.
AuroraArt

Postby Jops » March 19th, 2012, 5:39 am

AuroraArt wrote:There are even some people on Youtube that are making their own music. It's good to see people who love music share their songs with others.

Yeah! That's what genuine artists do, share their creativity. ^^
I guess most of the webcomickers here can relate.
Jops

Jops

Postby Jops » March 21st, 2012, 12:10 pm

And speaking of composers who freely publish themselves on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp
(I particularly recommend checking out "The Way" instrumental album)
Jops

Jops

Return to Music