Songs that made you cry

Songs that made you cry

Postby Guest » April 22nd, 2012, 5:49 am

Ever heard a song so touching that it would melt the coldest of hearts ? Post it here.

Some of mine:

Dance With My Father - Luthor Vandross

If I could get another chance
Another walk, another dance with him
I’d play a song that would never, ever end
How I’d love, love, love to dance with my father again

Time after Time - Cyndi Lauper

After my picture fades and darkness has 
Turned to gray 
Watching through windows, you're wondering 
If I'm OK 
Secrets stolen from deep inside 
The drum beats out of time

My Love - Sofia Kallgrën & Robert Walls

I wash my mind out in the summer rain
And feel a breeze touching my soul
When I'm not with him then I understand
I'm but half without his hand to hold

I need a tissue.

Re: Songs that made you cry

Postby mitchellbravo » April 23rd, 2012, 10:35 pm

I have a few classical pieces that pull right at my heart if I let myself think too much while I listen to them. The music is beautiful in and of itself, but I also have very strong (mostly positive) memories tied to them. A few off the top of my head- Strauss' Ein Heldenleben, Op.40 The Hero's Battlefield; Dvorak's Carnival Overture; Tchaikovsky's Suite from Swan Lake; and Ave Maria as performed by the Philadelphia Orchestra featured in Fantasia.

Respighi's Pines of Rome can get me if I'm nostalgic, as it was the piece we performed in marching band when I was in ninth grade.

The Rosary and Souvenir, both as performed by Fritz Kreisler, as well as (not a classical piece but it fits the topic) Bonnie Brae by the Twilight Singers take me back to the summer after I graduated high school, during the month leading up to my Pop Pop's death when he was in the hospital and in and out of the rehabilitation center.

Bob Seger's Against the Wind is often a dangerous one- if I'm in an emotional state to begin with I usually have to switch away from that one.

The Pearly Gates by the Real Tuesday Weld, especially at certain times of the year.

O.A.R.'s Heard the World has very specific memories attached too, good ones but I get a pang of nostalgia that sometimes overwhelms.

VV Brown's Shark in the Water was one of my favorite songs the summer it was big, but I came to associate it with a friend's suicide that also happened that summer.

There's a few songs by Royksopp that are just so damn melancholy, they don't quite get me to crying but it'll be pretty close.

Ben E. King's Stand by Me makes me think of a friend I once had who I sometimes dearly miss.

Thanks for Everything as performed by Artie Shaw and Helen Forrest is my current weeper. I think it's because I got it in my head that it's going to be the last song I ever play on the radio, and I'm not sure I'm emotionally equipped to deal with that.

I imagine this post might lead one to think that I spend a good amount of my waking hours in a pile of sobs :lol:

and he cries
oh my good god i cry
i cry all the time
in this in-sti-tu-tion
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Charil » April 23rd, 2012, 11:55 pm

All of them. All of the songs.

I get moved to tears so easily. Basically I judge things I like based on how much I cry during them wtf.

It's like one in the morning where I am so I don't have the mental capacity to list all of them, but I just bought this year's Eurovision soundtrack so the one song that sticks out most right now is this one.

Also this one. I-I don't know, it just strikes me.
Charil

Postby Ddraigeneth » April 24th, 2012, 12:23 am

My mom was driving the first time we heard "Private Malone" and she had to pull over.

I'm also quite fond of "The Green Fields of France", though the Irish Rovers' version doesn't seem to be on YouTube.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Vitotamito » April 24th, 2012, 1:41 am

I don't know if this counts, but I listened to the album "John Barleycorn Myst Die" by Traffic today and it made me so homesick that I just started crying...
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Amante » May 2nd, 2012, 6:45 pm

Everything's an Illusion by Mayday Parade.

A mother shouldn't witness her son die at 24.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby AndToBeLoved » May 17th, 2012, 8:37 pm

The first time I heard "Adam's Song" by Blink 182, I sobbed. Some songs make me cry because of their sheer beauty, though. Right now I can't get enough of the "Love Story" theme song (NOT Taylor Swift's "Love Story." Bah.) I found an electric guitar version on Youtube that nearly brought me to tears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsZyKYI4v4w
AndToBeLoved

Postby Ddraigeneth » May 17th, 2012, 9:06 pm

AndToBeLoved wrote:Some songs make me cry because of their sheer beauty, though.

Piano/Cello cover of Rolling in the Deep by Adele, which I love to begin with.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Ronin356 » June 25th, 2012, 3:13 am

That song "Beautiful". The ending is bitter sweet. :D
Be sure to check out my webcomic Killjoy: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=98151
and Magenta the Witchgirl!: http://www.drunkduck.com/Magenta_the_Witchgirl/
Thanks! Obama for 2012.
Ronin356

Postby Hunterkirizaki » June 25th, 2012, 10:05 am

This came the closest, but only after watching the Anime.

This also came pretty damn close. I love the lyrics to death, regardless of pony relation.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Seven Rain » June 25th, 2012, 10:08 am

Anything unfortunate enough to be linked to something traumatic/depressing to me, but it must be in a combo with being depressed and thinking about said depressing event.
I can't listen to Kaleidoscope by Sleepy Rebels if I'm feeling depressed about my Kitten dying back in 2010. Even if I'm not depressed beforehand the song tends to at least bum me out on it's own so I hardly ever want to listen to it now, which sucks.
Seven Rain

Postby Lapsang » June 25th, 2012, 12:14 pm

The soundtrack to Wolf's Rain. Especially Heaven's Not Enough. I think I'm completely over that show and then that song comes up on shuffle...

Come to think of it, I also have a track from the film Balto and that sets me off as well. Although more for nostalgic reasons.

Animated wolves make me cry! ;_;
-Comics coming soon-
In the meantime, WIP and other illustration uploaded here - http://moomieswan.tumblr.com/
Lapsang

Postby delicateporcelain » June 26th, 2012, 11:28 am

Your Ex-Lover is Dead by Stars

and

Sigur Ros - Dauðalogn (I don't understand Icelandic or the language they made up but it hits the spot)
delicateporcelain

Postby amdreams » June 26th, 2012, 1:04 pm

Oh God. This might take a while.

Shiningray sung by Kagamine Len- I especially love the line "Let me hide my weaknesses for now Because I'm standing here Believing I'll see you again"

Never Gonna be Alone by Nickelback- No matter how many times I watch the video, I always cry.

Not Alone by Red

Say Goodbye by Skillet

Crybaby Boyfriend sung by Len and Miku

Sound the Bugle by Bryan Adams

and the list goes on . . .
amdreams

Postby cyduc » June 26th, 2012, 1:09 pm

dango dango dango dango...
cyduc

Next

Return to Music