Your Comicking Playlist

Your Comicking Playlist

Postby robybang » April 22nd, 2012, 12:24 pm

Do you listen to music when you draw? If so, what kind of music do you prefer for drawing? I tend to alternate between high tempo music (dance, dubstep, punk, grunge) and more calming material (chill out, classical, acoustic) since I start to ignore one or the other after a while and get distracted.
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Re: Your Comicking Playlist

Postby OliveOil » April 22nd, 2012, 4:54 pm

Writing out scenes and fleshing out the story requires me to have music with some lyrical depth or certain emotions so that it can give me ideas and become the 'theme songs' of the characters/events. It's usually alternative, rock, and some folk. But when I'm pencilling and coloring pages, I like listening to mindless rap music and noise-pop to help me zone out.
OliveOil

Postby darkenergy » April 22nd, 2012, 6:34 pm

TV shows. Thank you, second monitor. Fewer thanks to my short-ass attention span, though.
darkenergy

Postby mitchellbravo » April 22nd, 2012, 8:14 pm

I usually construct a playlist to fit the mood of the scene I'm working on. I've found that certain songs inspire very strong emotional response in me, and that helps to make my page feel more authentic. To me, at least, not sure if it gets conveyed to my readers or if I just get to associating the song with the page.
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me:What's the difference between Williams Clinton and Shakespeare
robybang:They both also thought "Out damned spot, out!" Though the context was slightly different.
mitchellbravo

Postby chero » April 23rd, 2012, 2:19 pm

I usually listen to whatever song is currently blowing my mind, like, over and over on repeat. It keeps me happy and it really inspires me. (What I'm currently really into is Marina & the Diamonds, The Magnetic Fields, and St. Vincent. All old acts, I know.)
chero

Postby Elastikid » May 2nd, 2012, 9:50 pm

I try and put on something that I can have running as background noise. Usually I put on music I am familiar with or else I will be distracted by hearing new music. But instrumental music of any kind I am OK with whether I've heard it or not, so I sometimes put on Jazz Fusion radio or Drum and Bass radio on Last.fm.

(What is this pandora you speak of?)

three wrote:Oh wow. When you think of all abandoned accounts out there, Neopets must have higher famine rates than a third world country.
The U.N. should really get on that...
Elastikid

Postby The Bearded Man » May 2nd, 2012, 10:20 pm

The Panty & Stocking soundtracks fit the mood of my comic PERFECTLY! Thought I tend to get tired of listening on repeat.
The Bearded Man

Postby itsjustaar » May 5th, 2012, 9:10 pm

1. Patrick's Theme - "Great Balls of Fire" (cover of Jerry Lee Lewis's song) by the Misfits, Project 1950
2. Vinnie's Theme - "Ashoka's Farewell" from the Ken Burns 'Civil War' soundtrack (primary theme influence)
3. Overall 'Keeping Up with Thursday' theme - "Rondo" from Dragon Quest Symphonic in Brass

Various selections from the six issues I've done so far are usually a mix of the Steamboy soundtrack, The Rocketeer (James Horner, I think?), some Titanic the film music score, and, no joke, pinball music.

Not gonna lie, pinball music sounds a lot better than most SNES/NES/Genesis music. Twilight Zone and Addam's Family immediately come into mind, but heck, even Dirty Harry or Barry Schmidt's covers of Back to the Future tracks.
itsjustaar

Postby Zamboozle » June 24th, 2012, 7:59 pm

I don't really know. Whatever's really stuffed on my MP3 player, I guess.

For Example:
J-pop
Movie sountracks
different versions of 'Dear You' from Higurashi
random techno/electropop
various instrumentals
Beethoven
Music Boxes

I just realized how strange my taste in music is.....
Zamboozle

Postby radiostarkiller » June 27th, 2012, 10:31 am

i like listening to a lot of korean indie and just asian pop music in general

it's nice and upbeat to draw to
just call me sai. it's easier to type. <:

sai's art tumblr
radiostarkiller

Postby cyduc » June 27th, 2012, 10:53 am

shufflin megadeth, maiden, priest, im@s...
cyduc

Postby xkrazydog » June 27th, 2012, 11:07 am

Game OST's lately its been alot of
Ragnarok Online
Final Fantasy IX and X

And really upbeat music that people will boo at me if i mention lol.
xkrazydog

Postby redandblack64 » June 27th, 2012, 2:26 pm

Let's see...
Chrono Cross soundtrack for it's folksy, ethnic, atmospheric,, Old World influenced soundtrack, being a near perfect fit for my next comic
Certain Sonic Unleashed songs, along with a bunch of different Sonic songs throughout the games. They help get me going.
Jem and Stewart Copeland's music, for their creativity and sense of style and interpretation.
Beats Antique, Bitter:Sweet and, Lilly Allen and Scapegoat wax for my electronic and pop music.
redandblack64

Postby Misteen » June 27th, 2012, 6:39 pm

I open youtube and look for a playlist
that's why I subscribed to majors and singers/bands w

Even people commenting and rewieving things at times is not bad
Misteen

Postby eishiya » June 27th, 2012, 7:35 pm

I wish my playlists were easy enough to describe to post in this thread ;o;

I have a different playlist for every comic project, and they vary quite a bit because each one has a distinct mood. They're all mostly suitable music from film and game soundtracks, but I also add other stuff (including music with lyrics) if it fits.
I also have certain tracks automatically included on all of my playlists, those are the ones that are just so good for drawing that they don't even break the mood. No real pattern to those, but most of them are fairly energetic, and don't really conjure up a specific comic for me.
I hope it's understandable why I didn't list any artists or songs, haha.

Whenever I buy new music, the first thing I do is figure out which playlist(s) each new track should go on.
Busy, busy.
eishiya

Next

Return to Music