Podcasts

Podcasts

Postby Vitotamito » February 19th, 2014, 12:25 am

Hey All,

I had no clue where to put such a thing, but my fellow Animation Studio buddy and I started this podcast in which we discuss movies that came out a while ago as though they're relevant today.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/lat ... d821979884

And I thought, hey, maybe other people do podcasts, too! So here you can share your podcasts! And if nobody does, I guess this is officially Vito's Podcast Thread, in which I just keep sharing mine!
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Re: Podcasts

Postby UrbanMysticDee » February 19th, 2014, 1:24 am

Pardon my antiquity, but what's a podcast?

I ask specifically because I've encountered a number of people who use the term to mean a number of different things, and I am curious as to how you are using it here, so that I know what, if anything, I've produced qualifies for sharing.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby robybang » February 19th, 2014, 7:39 pm

I don't have one, but I'd like too (I also wanted to do a Let's Play at one point, but I can't think of any game I'd like to play through and talk about. Also, I got rid of my YouTube account after Google started breaking the site :P). Just out of curiosity to the people who already have or have done podcasts, what services are you using to host the podcast and set up the RSS feeds?
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby Mr Aids » February 19th, 2014, 9:47 pm

Subscribed yo!

UrbanMysticDee wrote:Pardon my antiquity, but what's a podcast?

I think most podcasts are digital audio or video files (usually audio) of an episodic series. I've subscribed to a few radio show podcasts because I'd rather listen to them in my own time, without all the advertisements and music that comes along with the radio show.

robybang wrote:Just out of curiosity to the people who already have or have done podcasts, what services are you using to host the podcast and set up the RSS feeds?

If you're starting out, I would recommend PodOmatic, which is what I used for hosting SmackCast. Initially, it's free and it's very simple to upload episodes and get the RSS feeds. Eventually, you'll hit the upload limit and you'll either have to pay money to get more hosting privileges or start looking for an alternative. However the podcast ended before I had to resort to that ;_;

If you have your own site you can upload and get the RSS feeds from there, and there a quite a few tutorials you can look up on how to do this. This is probably a better option for a long-term podcast.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Vitotamito » February 19th, 2014, 10:01 pm

UrbanMysticDee wrote:Pardon my antiquity, but what's a podcast?

I ask specifically because I've encountered a number of people who use the term to mean a number of different things, and I am curious as to how you are using it here, so that I know what, if anything, I've produced qualifies for sharing.

In my own sort of terms, my podcast is essentially just two people discussing a topic with a format involved, though I imagine it could really be anything you can imagine? I dunno. I've never been a big podcast guy, myself. But I've listened to a few that were pretty fun. Penny Arcade used to have one where they discussed coming up with the idea for their next comic. That was a lot of fun.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby UrbanMysticDee » February 20th, 2014, 12:00 am

An episodic video or audio series that can be anything I can imagine. I've got something like that. I only finished the first episode so far. I'm thinking of going all the way from Genesis through Revelation.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » March 1st, 2014, 12:52 am

I posted about your podcast on my tumblr, it that's alright?
Sonic-ock wrote:good euphemisms for taking a poop I've heard recently, Busting a Nugget and Making Bears.
Tacbot Unit-89

Postby Vitotamito » March 1st, 2014, 10:48 pm

Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:I posted about your podcast on my tumblr, it that's alright?

GASP! Mine?? Really?!? Super cool.

Vitotamito

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » March 15th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Ryan and I just recorded our first podcast episodes.
Sonic-ock wrote:good euphemisms for taking a poop I've heard recently, Busting a Nugget and Making Bears.
Tacbot Unit-89

Postby Mr. Neil » April 29th, 2014, 4:22 pm

Cool, I'll have to check this one out.

I like a lot of retro podcasts. I listen to Retronauts, Retrogaming Roundup, Kyle And Luke Talk About Toons, and Jumpmen.
Mr. Neil

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » April 30th, 2014, 7:11 pm

The Plastickat pilot!
Tacbot Unit-89

Postby Mr Aids » May 2nd, 2014, 10:54 am

Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:The Plastickat pilot!

Nice first podcast guys, really easy to listen to. Hope you guys do another one soon!
kevansevans wrote:

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » May 2nd, 2014, 11:45 am

Mr Aids wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:The Plastickat pilot!

Nice first podcast guys, really easy to listen to. Hope you guys do another one soon!

Thanks! We have a couple others recorded, I just to edit them (been having motivation problems) and then post em!
Tacbot Unit-89

Postby Mr Aids » May 3rd, 2014, 8:02 am

If you ever need a hand with editing let me know, would be happy to help.
kevansevans wrote:

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » May 5th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Mr Aids wrote:If you ever need a hand with editing let me know, would be happy to help.

I might take you up on that officer.
Tacbot Unit-89

Next

Return to Music