Post Rock

Post Rock

Postby devil-wears-converse » January 15th, 2015, 11:21 am

Post Rock has always been one of my favorite genres. I hate sitting there trying to create something with no music on, but I always found most music to be distracting. Really hard for me to write up a script while yelling out lyrics to the Ramones, you know?

Post Rock is an amazing genre to get lost to while creating something and not be distracted. I've been trying to build up a good playlist for a while. I have the obvious; some Godspeed, Explosions and Mogwai. Anyone have and good recommendations?

Related: I'll start out with a youtube link.

link
devil-wears-converse

Re: Post Rock

Postby gun21 » January 17th, 2015, 12:10 pm

This kind of has vocals, but none of it has any meaning. Sigur Ross is a weird band that sings in what they admit is nothing but gibberish scat-speak.

The best Post Rock thing, so far as I'm concerned however, is God Speed's Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada.

It's slow, and takes it's time getting to where it's going, but once it does oh dear god it doesn't stop.
gun21

Postby devil-wears-converse » January 17th, 2015, 9:14 pm

I've never heard of Sigur Ross but that is genius. Who would've thought gibberish would sound so pretty?

Godspeed and Mogwai are at the top of the list. Everything they make is beautiful.

Kwoon is another one that is lyrical but has the post feel to it (Sorry about posting the links, I havent been able to get the youtube tag to work):

link
devil-wears-converse

Postby gun21 » January 21st, 2015, 1:30 am

Here's a threefer

gun21

Postby Dingbat1991 » June 12th, 2016, 5:02 pm

I like Sigur Ros.

Post-rock for me is perfect rainy day music. I've been enjoying Amiina, pg.lost and Port-Royal.
Dingbat1991

Return to Music