Eurovision 2015 and Other Events

Eurovision 2015 and Other Events

Postby Guest » May 21st, 2015, 1:17 pm

So this week is Eurovision week. :D

For those who don't know it, it is a music contest in which countries all over Europe (and Australia this year :? ) compete against eachother for the title and right to host the next contest.

The first semi-final happened on Tuesday, here are some of the highlights:

Image Interesting vibe to this one, think Lorde. Finalist

Image Punk Rock Group formed of old folk with development disabilities. Eliminated

Image One of the hot favourites to win. Pleasant ballad, if a bit disney-ish. Finalist

Image Xena-ish. Finalist

The second semi-final is tonight at 21:00 CET and you can follow it live here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGVo3Bdm6Ag
8-)

Re: Eurovision 2015 and Other Events

Postby Bryon » May 21st, 2015, 1:24 pm

I can't wait!! Israel and Latvia must qualify :D
Bryon

Postby Guest » May 21st, 2015, 1:28 pm

Bryon wrote:I can't wait!! Israel and Latvia must qualify :D

Really hope Israel makes it, at the moment the Final is drowning with ballads and we could really use party songs right now. :/

Postby Bryon » May 21st, 2015, 1:37 pm

Vanessa 999999999 wrote:
Bryon wrote:I can't wait!! Israel and Latvia must qualify :D

Really hope Israel makes it, at the moment the Final is drowning with ballads and we could really use party songs right now. :/

Yeah we could. Fortunately I just can't see Israel fail, so *fingers crossed*!

The results from semi 1 should have been really exciting, but it turned out to be disappointing with that horrible draw. Damn you, Björkman! D: Praying for Sweden to be drawn in the first half (or fail to qualify). :mrgreen:
Bryon

Postby Guest » May 21st, 2015, 1:42 pm

Bryon wrote:
Vanessa 999999999 wrote:Really hope Israel makes it, at the moment the Final is drowning with ballads and we could really use party songs right now. :/

Yeah we could. Fortunately I just can't see Israel fail, so *fingers crossed*!

The results from semi 1 should have been really exciting, but it turned out to be disappointing with that horrible draw. Damn you, Björkman! D: Praying for Sweden to be drawn in the first half (or fail to qualify). :mrgreen:

Agree, most of my favourites are in the first half of the Final. :? Yeah, here's hoping they'll be something to prevent their victory. :D Like the animation screen breaking down mid-performance. :twisted:

This semi-final will be alot more exciting than the other one at the very least. :D

Postby Bryon » May 21st, 2015, 1:47 pm

I'm still hoping for an Estonian or Belgian win, but well, I wouldn't bet on it. xD

There would be such a shitstorm if Sweden did have technical difficulties. <3 Let's hope for another faulty light situation à la Undo. :D

I'm nervous D:
Bryon

Postby Guest » May 21st, 2015, 1:51 pm

Bryon wrote:I'm still hoping for an Estonian or Belgian win, but well, I wouldn't bet on it. xD

There would be such a shitstorm if Sweden did have technical difficulties. <3 Let's hope for another faulty light situation à la Undo. :D

I'm nervous D:

I could see it happening but who knows. xD

Agree <3 Though I suspect some OGAE fans would probably make a massive eruption over it though again. :o

Here's hoping jury won't screw over the uptempos as well as original songs like they did last year. :|

Postby Bryon » May 21st, 2015, 1:55 pm

Vanessa 999999999 wrote:
Bryon wrote:I'm still hoping for an Estonian or Belgian win, but well, I wouldn't bet on it. xD

I'm nervous D:

I could see it happening but who knows. xD

Agree <3 Though I suspect some OGAE fans would probably make a massive eruption over it though again. :o

Here's hoping jury won't screw over the uptempos as well as original songs like they did last year. :|

And Björkman would definitely throw a way bigger fit than OGAE. xD He would probably retire of his own free will, instead of being forcefully retired, as is speculated. :mrgreen:

Same :| But I'm sure the juries will screw quite a lot up, they always do...
Bryon

Postby Guest » May 21st, 2015, 2:03 pm

Bryon wrote:And Björkman would definitely throw a way bigger fit than OGAE. xD He would probably retire of his own free will, instead of being forcefully retired, as is speculated. :mrgreen:

Same :| But I'm sure the juries will screw quite a lot up, they always do...

Bjorkman retiring would be great. :mrgreen: Hopefully then we could get selections back to previous standards and I'd be able to appreciate their entries. :D I still can't understand the hype around their entry this year I'm afraid. :?:

Started :D

Postby Bryon » May 21st, 2015, 2:17 pm

Yeah, Mans is nothing amazing :P

Two songs in, and I want both to qualify, mess... ;;
Bryon

Postby Guest » May 21st, 2015, 2:24 pm

San Marino's performance was actually really nice. :shock: Cheesy but captivating. :P

Postby Bryon » May 21st, 2015, 2:50 pm

ISRAEL FOR THE WINNNNN :D #hype
Bryon

Postby Guest » May 21st, 2015, 2:55 pm

Israel was epic. <3
Last edited by Guest on May 21st, 2015, 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Guest » May 21st, 2015, 3:00 pm

So many acts sound flat tonight. :|

Postby eishiya » May 21st, 2015, 3:12 pm

Please don't double-post, it's against the posting guidelines. You can edit your previous post instead.
eishiya

Next

Return to Music