--A Forum RP Experiment

Home of "Your opinion of the above SmackJeever" and other such threads

--A Forum RP Experiment

Postby Nymine » November 16th, 2012, 7:28 pm

All right let The Great SJ RP Experiment BEGIN! *cracks knuckles* S'cuse me while I get the boring stuff out of the way. And by that I mean

RULES
Of course all normal rules still apply, but I'm gonna set up a few other guidelines to smooth out the kinks and hopefully get us down to a super awesome romp of funness!

-How this works is you describing what your character is doing in your reply. It's sort of a story being carried through by multiple people. Please be literate.
No
So I'm a super cool warrior and I'm totally dope awesome and I like go to the bar and get drunk.

More like
Sir Reginald McCool paused at the entrance of the establishment long enough for every patron to note his arrival and the mass of new medals that shined brightly across his chest. Once he felt his presence had been adequately noted, he crossed the room to the bar and issued an order for ale. Lots of it.

You don't have to be Nathanial Hawthorne. Just be interesting! Peeps are gonna have to want to read what you're writing so they can respond adequately.
-If you're not sure of something or need to say something that's Out Of Character ((use double brackets so we know it's you talking and not your character)).
-Play nice! Roleplay a jerkface, a grumpy grumperson or what have you if you want, but remember! There has to be a reason why they're there, so don't alienate people. If you have a problem with someone ((talk it out)).
-Know your limits! I know this sounds odd, but you guys don't have total control. For example, you can smell that bubbling brew but you won't know how spicy or sweet it is. You can pick something up but you won't know how heavy it is. You can run back to town, but you won't know whether or not you get there unscathed or ran into trouble. You can attack something but you won't know how you affected them, if at all. As GM, I'm pretty much the setting, so I'll set things so the adventure will be interesting.
-If something happens or you request an action I consider crucial, I'm going to ask you to pick a number 1-6. It'll be like a choose your own adventure. Note: High doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a good outcome, nor does low mean a failure!
-If the story's already started and you decide you want to join, just ((ask)).
-I've simplified the stats into Strength(Phys Ability), Intelligence(Mental Ability), and Stamina(Staying Power). The grades are Poor Average and Superior. I'm trusting you on this! Make it make sense for your character. Please don't put everything as superior, and unless you think you can hack it, try not to make someone physically and mentally deficient who can't at the very least out run people.

I think that's enough for now; if other issues come up, we'll address them.

SETTING
This story takes place in Oolipard. This setting is fantasy, with a world that's mainly inhabited by monsters. You can play a human if you'd like, but humans are on the decline.They're kind of second-class citizens. The story will take place in Waypoint, a city that has sprung up along the Gold Road. You will be playing a kind of adventurer for hire. It'll make sense I promise! If you want extra info on the world, trust and believe I can give it down to religion. But for now, Fantasy. Monsters. Humans. Sell-sword. 123Go.

Character Outline

Name:
Race:

Age:(doesn't necessarily have to be a number; relative is fine)
Job:(mage/bard/warrior/thief/cobbler/barmaid ect)
Skills:(3 physical if you do smacky smacky things/ 3 magical if you do magical things/ if your a hybrid do 2 phys/1 mag or 2 mag/1 phys; once again, totally trusting you. Make it make sense and ask if I'm being too cryptic)
Stats(these will be used to determine some outcomes)
Strength: Poor/Average/Superior
Intelligence: Poor/Average/Superior
Stamina: Poor/Average/Superior
Notable Equipment:(Sword/Map/Stuffed Animal ect)
Brief Description: Give us a little taste of your character

I think that about does it. Go ahead n' start submitting characters. After I get a few responses, I'll tag yas up hurr, set up the tavern, and we'll all trundle off into Oolipard! \n.n/

PLAYERS - A Shorthand Guide
Mundius- Neo of Holon the half-raven(m)
Erdeigst - Dreanath the Fae Halberdier(m)
corruption - InLumia the Dark Shaman (m)
Raspberl - Ceceil Carston the human healing Preacher(f)
Ryo - Ricky the SpellSword Elf(m)
Xanden - Daneth the Demon Janitor(m)
Bowserknight - Kyran the Tiefling Berzerker(m)
SpiralPen - Nazec, Jackal Mummy Graverobber(m)
SkyWithFluffyclouds - Hadar the human Archer(m)
ChrysanthemumIris - Zakurelle the half-human/(elf cross)Assassin(f)
Great Sage - Slate Igneous the Khagrzz War Drum(m)
Last edited by Nymine on December 3rd, 2012, 9:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Re: --A Forum RP Experiment

Postby Mundius » November 16th, 2012, 7:40 pm

I am the being Neo of Holon. I am a halfhuman halfraven with a majestic age of not old. I'm a lazy git. Yeah, I can kill monsters, I can slay beasts, all with my trusty massive arm cannon-type thing on my left hand that I got from a demon for my soul and my original left hand. It shoots fire and massive blasts of energy and is a very heavy pile of metallic crap. It also has a dot maker, so if you would kindly turn around, you'd see a little red dot. However, using it will make me fatigued as it's powered by my soul and energy, so it can be used for blasting a ton of people or objects away or to blast me away. It takes about 2-4 hours to charge enough to be used again, and 42 hours for a full charge. I also can see anything around me in any direction as long as I touch the ground, but I can barely see anything. Sadly, even with my abilities, I am unable to see the reason why kids love cinnamon toast crunch.

Strength: Poor with right hand, Massive with left
Intelligence: Above Average, but not Superior
Stamina: Poor until angered
Sight: Shit (with eyes)
Last edited by Mundius on November 17th, 2012, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image < An abuse of the popularity and abundance of Boy Love comics, surreal
Image < Surrealistic comedy made poorly on purpose; harder to do than you think
Mundius

Postby Erdgeist » November 16th, 2012, 8:53 pm

K I'll give this a shot
disclaimer i haven't rped in over half a decade--
Maybe I'll post a drawing sometime?

Character Outline
Name: Dre'anath
Race: Fae
Job/Class: Halberdier
Weapons of Choice: Lances, Spears, Javelins, and the like.
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 107 lbs
Hair: Bluish-black or something
Eyes: His left eye was taken out in a bar fight over something really trivial; a large, slanted scar can be seen from just below the eyelid to the corner of his left eyebrow. His remaining eye is a dull green.
Build: Athletic
Personality: At first glance, Dre'anath seems like a relatively innocent, unassuming young man, and he can be quite cordial at times, but he's actually kind of a douchebag. He's useless when it comes to magic and has an awful temper. He also has these really gaudy, glittery, glowy wings. His forte lies in his speed and strength!

Skills
Whirlwind! (hit all surrounding enemies with a vicious spinning spear attack)
Impale! (a piercing move that gouges through a line of enemies)
Please heal me pleasepleaseplease-- (an attempt at healing that works on occasion)

Stats
Strength: Superior
Intelligence: Average
Stamina: Average when he has his armour on (default)

Notable Equipment
An ornate halberd, some armour, some food, various adventuring items and trinkets, and a bag for carrying his stuff

Appearance
Spoiler! :
Last edited by Erdgeist on December 8th, 2012, 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erdgeist

Postby corruption » November 16th, 2012, 9:03 pm

I am InLumia, a male Shaman trained by the School of the Dark, and thus not limited to a single totem, but able to call on the different totems for aid when appropriate. My primary totems are The Dark, the Shadow Goth, the Twilight Dancer, and the Felinius Prime. We can be very secretive, and prefer not to reveal our full abilities, nor our plans. We can plan complex schemes that take centuries to come to pass, and can thrive in chaos.

Our training allow us to channel shamanic power through us, making us, better able to serve our totems, enhancing the physical aspects of our training. I have extremely good speed, strength, and endurance. Our intelligence is better them most, for our training forces us to question everything and cast out all assumptions and mental bias that could cloud our thoughts.

My training allows me to sense more then normal mortals can, such as the spiritual plan and receiving knowledge about things I should not normally know, limited psychic powers concerning peoples minds (that is limited to reading their intent and forcing them to see the truth they hide from themselves, for now), and I can better wield powers like bardic magic, shadow magic, and shifting magic to allow me to posses feline attributes at will, through my shamanic affinity for those domains.

Unlike most others who call on other powers, such as most Clerics, for their totem's aid, we do not need any symbol or holy sign, and seek to appear normal to the world so we can blend in and do our work without notice.

Those who follow the totems I do are like me, physically fit from our life style. We have learned to enjoy life in nearly all ways we can, be it a good rave, hunting down an enemy to kill with our bare hands, a good free for all where we slaughter our enemies in bloody battle, arranging schemes that destroy our enemies over decades, or training ten year old catgirls to be deadly assassins and shamans of the Felinius Prime.

One of the few things we don't do is indulge in mind altering substances or spells. If you need them to have fun, you are not living right, and if you need them to forget, then you need to deal with whatever you try to forget. Also, with our power, being in less then full control of ourselves would be an easy way to really do some damage we don't intend to!
We are all corrupt in our own ways
corruption

Postby Raspberl » November 16th, 2012, 11:16 pm

--I've actually never RP'd before, but what the heck, let's give it a shot--

Name: Ceceil Carston
Race: Human
Job: Traveling healer/preacher
Skills:
She can dispel evil spirits
She can heal wounds and poisons
Public Speaking
Stats
Strength: poor
Intelligence: Superior
Stamina: Average
Notable Equipment: She carries around a small, white marble that basically strengthens her abilities of displeing evil spirits-- yet she will only use it in a crises because she used to believe such things were taboo and still has reservations
Brief Description: Ceceil used to believe that any sort of negative emotions were evil-- thanks to the strict teachings of her previous church-- however, after a mishap involving her sealing away a demon and befriending another demon, she came to realize the world was not as black and white as she once assumed. She is now quick to tell you when she is upset or angry but also still preaches virtues such as patience and kindness. She can banish evil spirits or heal a comrade in the blink of an eye-- but keep her away from the front lines and from beer. She hates children.
Raspberl

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 16th, 2012, 11:49 pm

Let's go. Let's do it.
Let's not mess this up Ryo.

Character Outline

Name: Ricky
Race:
Elf
Job:Spell Sword
Skills:Fire Dragon Spiral(Magic: fires a flaming spiral of fire from finger tip), Mystic Slash(Physical: Slashes with blade infused with magic), Outer Blast(Magic: Set flame to area around himself. Can move while he does.)
Stats
Strength: Average
Stamina: Superior

Specializes in Fire magic but understands wind and thunder magic properties. Also quite fast.
Notable Equipment:
Necklace
Magic Sword
Brief Description:
Ricky is an Elf magic student. Though he is skillful with fire magic he is average at everything else. A Professor thought to get him to master the other magics he could try to focus the magic into a solid weapon. If he could he would have learned what he needs to. He is a bit of a hot head. He would rather rush into a problem then think it through. He also has a weakness for small animals and is rather impressionable to different cultures.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Xanden » November 17th, 2012, 8:12 am

Character Outline

Name: Daneth
Nickname: The Demon Jaintor
Race: Human
Job: Janitor (Warrior)
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 99 lbs.
Appearance: Being a Janitor, Daneth is almost always seen in his ragged Janitor outfit, which is almost always covered in dirt or dust in some form or another. He also has a blue cap with the words "Best Janitor Ever" placed neatly on his head, covering up most of his dark brown hair and a bit of his blue eyes.

Personality: Daneth is known for having a cheerful, energetic, and overall optimistic personality. He has remarkable intuition at seeing the good in others in spite of their actions, though his capacity for forgiving his enemies has occasionally been criticized as excessive; Daneth, for the most part, only fights to win, and spares his enemies after defeating them only for them to attack him when his back is turned. Whenever put in a situation that would perplex most, he always finds a way around it,using whatever he has to solve any problem he is faced with. He is naturally talented in a variety of ways, including near superhuman speed, uncanny learning potential, immense strength, and of course his mastery of the age old fighting style of The Eye of The Janitor However, his recklessness often leads him into getting into situations harmful to himself. Daneth's temper causes him to be extremely irrational in judgment, vindictive, selfish, and ultimately self destructive, and can often put him in harm’s way. He also has an odd addiction to tea. Though, overall, his most remarkable ability is his will to succeed, pushing himself beyond his limitations, and never giving up even when the odds are stacked against him.

Skills:

-Dirty Mop (Physical): A quick piercing attack, in which Daneth charges forward, while holding his mop straight out, at the opponent.

- Let Me Organize This (Physical): Daneth spins around at high speeds, blocking and deflecting incoming attacks.

-Clean Up on Aisle 7 (Physical): Currently one of Daneth's strongest moves, in which he punches the ground, causing for a short amount of time a small earthquake.

Stats:
Strength: Superior

(Specializes in his speed and hand-to-hand combat.)

Notable Equipment:

-Trusty Mop: Handcrafted by Daneth himself, this mop may look like just another cleaning appliance, but when put in Daneth's hands it becomes a deadly weapon. Daneth has trained for years on how to use his mop effectively, and has learned how to use it for a variety of situations.

-Metal Bucket: A small metal bucket, that's one of Daneth's earliest memories, and hasn't ever let it out of his sight. Of course, he has never bothered to wash it, thus the bucket reeks. Daneth thinks that the bucket is some sort of good luck charm, and has therefore nicknamed the bucket Lucky. Though whenever he isn't with the bucket, Daneth becomes very impatient and starts to fidget, and the only way to stop him is to give him his bucket back.

Brief Description: Daneth is the outcast of a small warrior village, known for being home of some of the most brutal warriors in the land of Oolipard, the Janitors. Daneth was one of the most successful students in his class, mastering the Eye of the Janitor (the fighting style of the Janitors) in just a few short years. But once the village heard that he was against killing, he was shunned and sent out of the village, forced to live by himself at the young age of thirteen.
It was only a few years after this that Daneth started to make a name for himself by being an adventurer for hire. He did many odd jobs, succeeding each and every task he was given with ease. Shortly afterwards, word spread about a young warrior who had defeated multiple foes, each time barely trying. This stories soon went down in legend, and Daneth became known as the Demon Janitor. Daneth now spends his time looking for more jobs, trying to find a way to get a quick buck.
Last edited by Xanden on November 19th, 2012, 9:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Xanden

Postby Bowserknight » November 17th, 2012, 10:05 am

Name: Kyran
Race: Tiefling
Job: EDIT: Berserker
Skills: Suplex: Does a suplex. More effective against lighter enemies.
Charge: Attempt to knock down an enemy by ramming them
Frenzy: Perform an all-out attack against all enemies and all allies close to him
Stats:
Strength: Average
Intelligence: Poor
Notable Equipment: Rusty old Greatsword, too heavy and blunt to actually use. Refuses to get rid of it because he thinks it's cool. Faded red cape, actually some curtains he found in a dungeon. has quite a few holes. Regular non-rusty sword, for actual use in fighting.
Brief Description: Kyran doesn't want a lot of things in life. He just wants to get weapons and kill monsters with them. Not because of any particular animosity towards monsterkind, he quite likes most of them actually. But he finds it fun. Things he likes are: Horns, Skulls, Capes, Swords, Monsters, and Killing Monsters. He generally gets on well with people but gets bored when nothing has died for a while.
Last edited by Bowserknight on November 28th, 2012, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowserknight

Postby SpiralPen » November 17th, 2012, 7:12 pm

Character Outline

Name: Nazec
Race: Jackal-Headed Mummy (ala Anubis) 
Age: Relatively timeless, being an undead spirit of sorts.
Job: Graverobber/Thief/Trick Mage
Skills: 
-Early Grave (Physical): Attack viciously and/or desperately with the Trusty Shovel. Can be used to smack, stab, or bash things, but is best used as a surprise attack.
-Mimic (Magic): Adopt the form of something else as a temporary disguise or bluff. Better at imitating inanimate objects, but living things are possible too with enough effort or concentration. Doesn't affect skills or abilities any more than slightly. (Can fly if a bird, can stick to walls if a bug, etc.)
-Ancient Curse (Magic): The forgotten scrolls of the Lost Sands can be confusing at best and understanding them enough to produce consistent results is nigh impossible. Ancient Curse can deal any number of odd effects, sort of like a wildcard, and as its nature would suggest, even backfire on its caster. More commonly than not, it's used to cast dark magicks on unfortunate victims to make them ill, forgetful, or maybe even invisible. It can be used on inanimate objects as well. 
(Given its wildcard nature, I'll leave the outcome of casting it up to the GM's imagination. Have fun, Nymine!)

Stats
Strength: Poor
Intelligence: Superior
Stamina: Average
Notable Equipment: 
-Trusty Shovel: Sharp and rusty Gravedigger's shovel. A handy tool for a variety of situations. 
-Flask of Umibozu: Small container of shadowy water spirits. Used to locate water as they constantly seek it.
-Ankh Dagger: A golden cross with a sharp blade. Can glow brilliantly in dark places. Particularly effective against the undead.
-Forbidden Scrolls: Series of ancient and cryptic scrolls filled with knowledge of the beyond and dark magicks.
-Bag of Trinkets: A sack of goodies looted from the hundreds of graves Nazec has had the fortune of digging through over the years. Old pendants, ragged dolls, useless currencies, nearly anything useless you can imagine. 
Brief Description: Nazec is a creature of the shadows to be sure. He sneaks around graveyards, stealing and gathering trinkets from the dead to amass himself his own odd fortune. He tends to get along better with the deceased than the living, probably due in part to their lack of judgement. Nazec is a cheat, a liar, and a coward who's not above betraying and robbing those around him. Whatever it takes to stay alive. He's seen what's on the other side and he's all the more comfortable in the realm of the living. Being mummified, Nazec can lose limbs and repair them with the right materials, pilfered from graves. He can be inflicted with all manner of wounds, many of which don't seem to phase him nearly enough. His jackal head is for more than just show, as well. His hearing is sensitive, his bite sharp, and his sense of smell acute. While he had the makings of a fearsome dark hunter, he instead serves as nothing but a scraggly vagabond.
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Nymine » November 17th, 2012, 8:04 pm

((Super! This looks pretty dern promising. :3 Don't worry about being new or rusty. Vet or greenhorn, t's all in good fun. That's why it's an experiment after all! Here we goooo!))

Nestled in the middle of Waypoint, down a plain but neatly kept dirt road, sat a simple brick and stone building. A yellowed plaque with a crudely painted flask and what was someone's idea of a dog-like beast was staked out just yards from the front door of a tavern. A crisp parchment nailed to the heavy door designated the establishment as 'The Jackal's Flask' in several different languages. The crew inside was getting ready for another busy day of serving travelers and adventurers. Magda, dwarf matron of the Flask, kept her watchful eye on her four human barmaids as they bustled around her tavern. She walked the large seating area, correcting their posture and pointing out the obviously missed spots, re-straightening tables and thoroughly inspecting the silverware. Magda clapped her hands loudly, and the girls jumped at the sudden sound.

"Let 'm know it's mornin', Mae," Magda instructed, pausing between words. Humans could be so slow. "Then go 'elp with Jeun breakfast. Jeun, wake up girl. That means get to th' kitchen." She turned. "Mara, go keep the walk neat. Smile n' greet all, not jest at th' ones that smell like coin, ye tart. And you, Nelly, ye lazy girl, look alive. We'll be busy soon an' I won't 'ave our patrons grumbling 'bout having a sour face serving them. Don't roll them eyes at me, girl. I'll pluck 'em out n' put ye out back with th' other animals."

The girls nodded, biting their tongues. Magda was rough and crude, but there were far worse jobs in Oolipard than working in a tavern. Mae walked quickly over to the edge of the stairs and banged twice on a pan, the dull percussive noise echoing through the Flask to the upper stories where their patrons slept. "Morning! Morning! Wake all! Breakfast will be served in five!"
Nymine

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » November 17th, 2012, 8:12 pm

((wait, I can still join right? I'm still deciding on the character))
SkyWithFluffyclouds

Postby Nymine » November 17th, 2012, 8:14 pm

((absolutely^^ Don't rush take your time; I just figured I'd throw out something in case anyone was rolling around and wanted to get some practice in ))
Nymine

Postby corruption » November 17th, 2012, 8:50 pm

From the shadows in the main area, a man's voice said, "Not all need to be awaken."

From the few dark corners a striking figure wearing dark, but not too dark clothing emerged "Some are normally able to welcome the dawn's coming."

He sat down and said told her, "Do not rush breakfast for my sake. I like to see how others react to best judge their character."
We are all corrupt in our own ways
corruption

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » November 17th, 2012, 9:24 pm

Character Outline

Name: Hadar
Race:Human
Job: Archer/hunter

Skills:
- Bullseye(physical) : really precise shot, it requires full concentration and a cool head, not the quickest shot and not recommended to use it in the heat of battle. Otherwise it won't fail, unless the Gods (GM) interfere.xD
-Parkour Parkour! (physical): be it nature or buildings he's quick to find and get on a perch and off it if he needs to retreat. He's fast on his legs (and hands).
- Point Me Charm(magical) : A little charm he uses mostly to find water or orientate himself. Might be able to point you to other things but it's more complicated and he's not proficient enough.

Stats
-Strength: Slightly above Average (enough to be a good shoot)
-Intelligence: Average
-Stamina: Superior

Notable Equipment: Ornate bow, arrows in a quiver, two knifes, a dull green cape, leather arm guards travelling items and rations and the usual bag for gold coins (rather empty).

Brief Description: Hadar is a young man that has fought for respect and his freedom, to be the controller of his own life. Having found some kind of balance and a way to earn a living with his bow he aspires to go on with his life quietly if not peacefully. Sometimes though, Hadar wishes he could change the state of things, mostly how they are towards his own race.

But that's just wistful thinking he buries deep within himself.

Other than that Hadar shows lots of restraint and patience for being so young and has been removed from people for quite sometime, only interacting with passing aquaintances and strangers.

Hadar is blond with his hair kept short, average height, lithe, hazel eyes and tends to wear his hood up.
SkyWithFluffyclouds

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 17th, 2012, 10:41 pm

"5 more minutes...." the elfish boy moaned as he rolled out of bed onto the floor.

Upon hitting the ground he grumbled, "Nevermind. I guess I'm up now."

He stumbled to a table and sat down.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Next

Return to Forum Games