Books You've Written

Books You've Written

Postby Vitotamito » July 11th, 2014, 5:45 pm

I saw someone post a thread about a book they'd written being on Amazon for free, and I decided to make a thread for people who have written a book that is currently available online, either paid or free, in an eBook form or actual printed form. Hell, even a book-blog, with chapters as posts is cool.

Kind of, self-promote your writing here! Specifically writing, and not comics. We have a thread elsewhere, called "Self-Promotion" or something for promoting comics.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Re: Books You've Written

Postby Fukairi » February 4th, 2016, 5:22 am

I wrote a 300 or so page book in 8th grade about a mentally ill depressed pedo man who fell in love with a 8 yo homeless kid who I think ended up being his own ghostly manifestation of a childhood trauma. I'm also pretty sure the book ended up with the dude shooting a bunch of kids & shooting himself.

I wrote it on fucking floppy disks. Lmao.
Also I showed it to my finnish teacher and she gave me crits on it but also scheduled me to visit the school psychiatrist for a few months :P

Never published it, but thought I'd share since seeing this thread brought me flashbacks to that book....
Fukairi

Postby UrbanMysticDee » February 6th, 2016, 1:58 am

I have a finished book, 82,500 words, and I'm afraid to get it published. If I do it myself then two people will buy it and one of them will be me because my mother doesn't know how to use the Internet, and all the "how to get published the old fashioned way" people who write articles about it scare the hell out of me. Either the book will be edited beyond all recognition (I've spoken in person to a number of people who say this has happened to them), or I'm told that my book is worthless trash and the only difference between me and a bag of shit is the bag (one person who has had 5 books published the old fashioned way said this about all authors and a thousand people in the comments section had spontaneous orgasms over this). I've been trying not to think of the book for the past month.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby Vitotamito » April 23rd, 2016, 3:31 am

I'm 6 Chapters into my Science Fiction novel so far. This is the point of writing a book that always gets me stuck, because I know what needs to happen next, but I'm not sure how to get there. It always happens around this chapter. Also, I've slipped back into my normal comedic dialogue writing, which isn't what I want to do for this book. I think it's still working, though.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby The Santeri » February 16th, 2018, 10:48 am

I've written a book last year that took me quite some time before to complete that is around 500 pages. The truth of the matter is in this day and age, writing novels, or hell even making comics is a competitive game. Advertising your book to get it out there isn't as easy as it use to be, and even then, there's no promises and guarantees that it will sell well and sometimes it'll take years for it to reach popularity; it's a consequence that all creators must take in mind when creating a work of art. Even if my book never sells, or my comic never gets popular, I'm proud to have it out there because this is something I did, myself. So I recommend that if your writing a book, or a poem, making a game or even a comic, take your time and finish it no matter what. Take pride in your work and even if it never gets as popular as you want it, it'll be there as a personal milestone for you to look back on.
The Santeri

Postby bobadventures » May 27th, 2019, 7:33 pm

Well, I have three books! My novel, Alien In a Small Town...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1511635797/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

A science fiction story set in Pennsylvania Dutch Country because why shouldn't there be such a thing?

And two print editions of my webcomic, The Inexplicable Adventures of Bob!

https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/entity/author/B00RM386ZE?_encoding=UTF8&node=2656022011&offset=0&pageSize=12&searchAlias=stripbooks&sort=author-pages-popularity-rank&page=1&langFilter=default#formatSelectorHeader

Image Image

The continuing odyssey of the world's most average man who has suddenly become a weirdness magnet. Humor, science, romance, philosophy, cream pies, and explosions!
bobadventures

Return to Books & Literature