NaNo 2016

NaNo 2016

Postby Vitotamito » November 4th, 2016, 9:46 pm

Anyone else doing NaNoWriMo this year? This is my first year in a few that I'm going seriously hard into it.

I'm trying to finish a fantasy book I've been working on for about 4 years now. Gonna try and take it from 30k words to 80k and hopefully close to finished!

Feel free to add me on the NaNo website, I'm vitotamito.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Re: NaNo 2016

Postby Admin » November 5th, 2016, 12:03 am

Sounds awesome. Does NaNoCoDo count? Smack Jeeves is my novel and indents and angle brackets my words. Hopefully going to finish by the end of this month as well.

Best of luck with your novel.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vitotamito » November 5th, 2016, 3:45 am

Admin wrote:Sounds awesome. Does NaNoCoDo count? Smack Jeeves is my novel and indents and angle brackets my words. Hopefully going to finish by the end of this month as well.

If you have to write 50,000 lines of code in a month god help you! :ugeek:
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby avian-reader » November 5th, 2016, 3:53 am

I'd like to try this year, though motivating myself to move from planning onto writing is turning out to be as difficult as usual...

Admin wrote:Sounds awesome. Does NaNoCoDo count? Smack Jeeves is my novel and indents and angle brackets my words. Hopefully going to finish by the end of this month as well.

So does that mean you have a launch date in mind? :D
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby UrbanMysticDee » November 6th, 2016, 12:18 am

This time of year is when I'm most productive with writing, and I'd like to get something done that's pretty much short and self-contained, and relatively uncomplicated, so I can get to work with publishing it. I'll start after the election, when I'm not killing myself 24/7 spreading the good word.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby Captain Ghost » November 6th, 2016, 1:39 am

Giving NaNo a shot this year - I feel like I'd tried it before but can find no trace of this imagined attempt, so... here's supposing this is my first 'legitimate' year as well haha. 10k in as of tonight, keeping a little ahead of quota (though today was the most difficult by far, yikes). I need to work a bit at solidifying my outline, I figure.

Good luck to everyone else giving it a shot! < 3
Captain Ghost

Postby Vitotamito » November 6th, 2016, 3:40 am

I'm at just about 8k, so behind schedule :(

Vitotamito

Postby UrbanMysticDee » November 9th, 2016, 5:31 am

I've only written a few thousand words written, but I've got some great ideas about this new book. I have to fight the urge to have multiple, parallel story arcs. This has to be simple, linear. That means cutting stuff, and resisting turning that cut stuff into another book.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Return to Books & Literature