What Goosebumps Book did you think was Scariest?

What Goosebumps Book did you think was Scariest?

Postby Vitotamito » December 13th, 2010, 1:47 pm

For me, it was the "Night of the Living Dummy part. 1" I couldn't read it for years.

I think the one I enjoyed the most, however, was "The Beast from the East."
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Re: What Goosebumps Book did you think was Scariest?

Postby Sonic-ock » December 13th, 2010, 1:50 pm

For me it was, "the tale of the middle school aged kid gets into a scary situation involving something that would either be really mundane or something the kid would enjoy if it wasn't trying to kill them."
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby lonk » December 13th, 2010, 1:55 pm

The only Goosebump story I remember was one where there's some slimy stuff in a plane that get into peoples brains and they.. kill people, maybe. it probably was scary.
bricks wrote:my mother mentioned to my uncle that i would like horror manga for my bday....so he gives me horror manga.. aka horrible manga aka 2 vols of hetalia

Seven Rain wrote:Here, how about some more animals being d-Umm... Jerks.
lonk

Postby tezzle » December 13th, 2010, 2:03 pm

None of them scared me as a kid. They were pretty fun. I liked that one about the summer camp with the wolf monster and kids keep disappearing but everyone tells the protagonist they never existed and in the end it turns out
Spoiler! :
it was all a test scenario to prepare the kid for exploring the mysterious unpredictable planet CALLED EARTH! *looks up and sees the planet in the sky*

...Wait, what? That twist has nothing to do with anything! YOU'RE A HACK, STINE!
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Vitotamito » December 13th, 2010, 2:12 pm

tezzle wrote:...Wait, what? That twist has nothing to do with anything! YOU'RE A HACK, STINE!

I remember thinking this when I read that one. Best. ending. Ever.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby SuperBiasedMan » December 13th, 2010, 3:56 pm

Vitotamito wrote:
tezzle wrote:...Wait, what? That twist has nothing to do with anything! YOU'RE A HACK, STINE!

I remember thinking this when I read that one. Best. ending. Ever.

I loved that one, especially when
Spoiler! :
they did the reveal and immediately there were suddenly copious references to their alien anatomy.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Postby Mr Aids » December 13th, 2010, 8:09 pm

Vitotamito wrote:For me, it was the "Night of the Living Dummy part. 1" I couldn't read it for years.

I never found them scary but Night of the Living Dummy creeped me out the most.

Haha Beast of the East was so funny. But I really liked the story of Say Cheese and Die.

I want that camera.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby bricks » December 13th, 2010, 8:31 pm

I don't think I found them scary but I had a Night of The Living Dummy book that when you pressed it the eyes glowed or something. Well, ventrioloquist dummies are pretty creepy in general so even though I can't remember what the story was I think that was probably the creepiest one.

SuperBiasedMan wrote:
Spoiler! :
they did the reveal and immediately there were suddenly copious references to their alien anatomy.

Spoiler! :
Or the one about the invisible friend and when they finally see the friend they're like WHAT IS HE because he's human and suddenly they're revealed to be alien despite that never being even hinted at earlier

Spoiler! :
I like in his short goosebump stories because the endings are like.. STORY ABOUT WEREWOLVES.. TURNS OUT THE MAIN CHARACTER IS THE WEREWOLF ALL ALONG! rinse repeat just with different creatures
☆★I like rocks.★☆
bricks

Postby Sasoman » December 13th, 2010, 8:31 pm

The choose your own adventures that I ripped random pages out of
Sasoman

Postby Nymine » December 13th, 2010, 8:35 pm

Mr Aids wrote:
Vitotamito wrote:For me, it was the "Night of the Living Dummy part. 1" I couldn't read it for years.

I never found them scary but Night of the Living Dummy creeped me out the most.

Haha Beast of the East was so funny. But I really liked the story of Say Cheese and Die.

I want that camera.

YAY! I share something with Mr. Aids! Though I was a bit let down on how Say Cheese and Die ended(kinda thought that Are you Afraid of the Dark? did a better job with the killer camera thing(ending blew on that too really)). Hmm hmm the Mask one didn't scare me, buut it was unsettling. Something about face swapping me no likey. I dunno. I kind of thought Stein was a bit of a cop out. Even his 'adult' books were pretty predictable.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Nym.Katharina » December 13th, 2010, 9:28 pm

The covers scared me so much on the Night of the Living Dummy and on pretty much all the rest until I was about ten. Then I had a period where I read all of them with in a week or two. I was a fast reader then. The one that scared me the most was when two kids got stuck in the Tower of London and had to time
travel to get away from a ghost executioner. At the time I remember not being able to sleep for like two nights. I was a sissy then too, sooo...
Nym.Katharina

Postby tezzle » December 13th, 2010, 10:04 pm

I just think it's a shame the children's horror shows don't stand the test of time. Not a single kid on Are You Afraid of the Dark? OR Goosebumps could act their way out of a wet paper bag. All the girls could ever do was scream, because I really don't think there's a little girl out there who can't shriek at an annoyingly high level. You can't really call it a talent.

Stine's got a new show called R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour. Don't know if it's any good. I just hope he finally found some kids who can act.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Ddraigeneth » December 13th, 2010, 11:23 pm

I don't remember being particularly scared by any of the stories, but I remember at the beginning of one of them, a girl was telling her little brother about a monster that would go around eating people's toes while they weren't paying attention. Despite every rationalisation my nine-year-old mind could produce, I slept in socks for a month.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Blue Kirby the l33t » November 22nd, 2012, 7:39 pm

Totally Welcome to Dead House. The second one I've ever read!
Blue Kirby the l33t

Postby Seven Rain » November 22nd, 2012, 9:03 pm

by Ddraigeneth » December 13th, 2010, 10:23 pm

by Blue Kirby the l33t » Today, 6:39 pm

Seven Rain

Next

Return to Books & Literature