What Goosebumps Book did you think was Scariest?

Re: What Goosebumps Book did you think was Scariest?

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 22nd, 2012, 9:29 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
by Ddraigeneth » December 13th, 2010, 10:23 pm

by Blue Kirby the l33t » Today, 6:39 pm

Timey Whimey Wiboly wobolie.

Also the one with the mask that wouldn't come off was creepy as shit to me as a kid.

Also night of the living dummy.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » November 23rd, 2012, 12:13 am

RyoSoulreaper wrote:
Also the one with the mask that wouldn't come off was creepy as shit to me as a kid.

YEAH YEAH! me too! i didnt read the book. but i saw the movie. and the part were she ate the worms and um... oh! spoilers:
Spoiler! :
where the mask didn't come off

scared me a lot
walkin_talkin_apocolyps

Postby AshenSkye » November 23rd, 2012, 10:57 am

Anything I read about the Living Dummy. Gah, how I still hate Slappy. All the other Goosebumps books would just give me, well, goosebumps. Slappy? Shiver under the covers.
With a suspicion that RL Stine rewrote adult horror stories for kids, I can promise I will not willingly investigate anything about Chucky.

Most of the books were just cool. Like the scrambled egg alien monster. I enjoyed that. Or the one about the kid who has an invisible friend who claims he's that way because he was so ugly. Monster Blood was my first and still my favorite. The mask one just seemed so sad, I pitied the masks. I really regret selling my books, I had nearly 50 of them.
[ Just Another Day ][ Etsy ][ Ko-fi ]

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle! | Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians. | Give 100% in all you do! Unless you're giving blood.
AshenSkye

Postby CrimsonStar » November 25th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Oh God, I guess it was Ghost Beach. Thats the goosebumps book i remember the most. I just remember one of the ghosts had my little brother's name so i was afraid that my brother was going to haunt me or something after he died LOL :twisted: . But i also remember the old goosebumps tv show opening used to creep me out with the golden retriever with the glowing eyes.
CrimsonStar

Postby ireallylikeapples » November 30th, 2012, 2:38 pm

I read one where they were like camping or something, and they got trapped in some trippy world, and there were these like blue freaky yeti things after them, and it freaked me out.
"When we do not know who to hate, we hate ourselves." -Chuck Palahniuk

"All pot is cosmic pot, that's why the demon lords put it on earth." -Sugar Glider Man
ireallylikeapples

Postby Vitotamito » December 1st, 2012, 3:27 pm

ireallylikeapples wrote:I read one where they were like camping or something, and they got trapped in some trippy world, and there were these like blue freaky yeti things after them, and it freaked me out.

THE BEAST FROM THE EAST. SO GOOD. ONE OF MY FAVORITES.

Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Savoto » December 22nd, 2012, 10:05 pm

Bad Hair Day and Welcome to Dead House. The first one had me thinking that I would revert into a dog someday. The last one made me think that everybody around me could be dead but I just didn't know it yet.
Savoto

Postby JillyFoo » December 22nd, 2012, 10:17 pm

I liked the MonsterBlood ones. The idea that you couldn't destroy the stuff....
JillyFoo

Postby Vitotamito » January 9th, 2013, 5:02 pm

Can I say that Ghost Camp was super good as well?
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby avian-reader » January 9th, 2013, 8:05 pm

Vitotamito wrote:Can I say that Ghost Camp was super good as well?

Duuuuude, Ghost Camp ROCKED! By the way, am I the only one who thought the tv series was actually scarier than the books? I could read the books with no problem, but the tv series was too much at times.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby ShinyHoundoom229 » April 1st, 2013, 10:19 pm

I've never found any of the Goosebumps books to be scary, even remotely. I enjoyed them nonetheless, they just never scared me.

The one that came the closest to being scary for me would have to be "The Beast From The East." That shit was like "Predator" to me, but wasn't that scary due to the fact that the Beasts look like Blue Asian Gorilla/Koala Hybrids (Goralas, if you will.)

My personal favorites would have to be "The Ghost Next Door" and "How I Learned To Fly." I love the former mainly because of its ending. I found it to be touching and kinda sad as a kid.

And why I love the latter is simple: The main character LEARNS TO FREAKIN' FLY. Who here hasn't wished that they could fly like in that one song by the Steve Miller Band?
Spoiler! :
♪Fly Like An Eagle, To The Sea~ Fly Like An Eagle, Let My Spirit Carry Me♪~
Guy in the Smash Training Day commercial wrote:TORNADO UPPERCUT!
ShinyHoundoom229

Postby MannyKat8x » April 1st, 2013, 11:13 pm

Whatever that one was where the kid's house was actually set on fire and he was dead the whole time ...wait that covers two and I'm not even sure one is a Goosebumps book. But the one with a guy in it had him trying to help this other kid for some reason. I think the guy was a ginger with purple clothes and red glasses (I might be remembering incorrectly I know he had purple..maybe the book was purple)
(the second one in question is the one with this girl that had her family slowly stop existing because of some room that would always set them on fire and she was the only one who seemed to notice that family members were missing. I think they were dead the whole time and it was just some sort of purgatory I guess) I don't remember much of the one with the guy but it freaked me out a little since the whole notion of "What happens after death" popped up in my head. I read so many scary stories with life-after-death or purgatory stuff that they all kind of start running together. It's no wonder that I started getting into the shows with absurd deaths and/or ghosts later in life.

And then there's that Night of The Living Dummy one that freaked me the fuck out, even had a nightmare that one of my dolls had a missing chunk of face and had a green glowing eye. I'm still paranoid of the dummies in my closet.
(that dream would be pretty interesting to draw, I remember it being really blue toned outside of the doll)

AND OH MY GOD BAD HAIR DAY I LOVE THAT ONE

I forgot about how many Tomato Surprises there were in Goosebumps. I'll have to re-read them I love those twists
Image <-- My main webcomic
--
Image <-- And my new one
MannyKat8x

Postby Yumimarie » June 19th, 2013, 9:37 am

Definitely for me it was "Night of the Living Dummy." The book and the episode version creeped me out
Yumimarie

Postby BLARGEN69 » June 6th, 2015, 9:11 pm

The one that always creeped me out the most was The Beast From the East but I'd be hard pressed to give an exact reason why cause honestly I don't even know XD Something about it just downright terrified me, and I remember distinctly a sense of dread from the ending. The Goosebumps practically always ended with a darkly comedic twist or hint that the plot will recycle but the one from Beast From the East just made me extremely depressed.

Yanno thinking about it now maybe the biggest reason it left an impact on me is the characters had to do so much WALKING and to think they were gonna have to walk more is the worst nightmare imaginable.
BLARGEN69

Postby Nightfall » June 6th, 2015, 9:56 pm

The newer welcome the the ghost house - where all the townsfolk died by, like, a factory leek or something? And the chemical just spread over the town and killed everyone? - the whole idea of that just left me really creeped out. For awhile, I was afraid of factories cx

The one with the mask also gave me, well, goosebumps as a kid. Calling all Creeps didn't scare me, per say.
Spoiler! :
But I think the one friend like, joined them/left the other out to dry, and I was a bit jarred by that ending.
Nightfall

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Literature