Video games that need a film adaption

Re: Video games that need a film adaption

Postby Darmanarya » October 16th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Command and conquer tiberium saga following kane and NOD. TO REPLACE THE FOURTH PIECE OF (rant censored)
Excessively creative, excessively busy, excessively procrastinating.
Darmanarya

Postby Seven Rain » October 16th, 2011, 10:29 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:Okay Saints Row. But that's where I draw the line.

This. I'm willing to bet that if there's a movie adaptation of these games, it would be a deconstruction of the typical gangster movie, yet who got it's own story. Just like the planned Deadpool movie.

I dunno, I would kind of hope they'd keep the John Woo style of the games instead of make it a typical gangster movie... Unless they made it a comedy, but 90 minutes of SR humor might not work too well so they'd need some different writers.

Advertisement wrote:Most movies based on games suck. The only good ones I have seen are animated. Prof. Layton, Halo, Sonic, and the Japenese animated Mario Movie. If you are going to base a movie on a game, make it the same style as the game itself. Live action sucks!

I agree with you to an extent, but my friend, there is one live action VG movie you need to see;

Advertisement wrote:Anyway, I would like to see a Team Fortress 2 movie. It can be like the Meet The Team Series. The animation is smooth, and they are fucking hilarious.

This. It would be, (much like how TV Tropes described the vids,) like a twisted Pixar movie.

Afrohawkman wrote:Is no one going to mention the Metal Gear series? That series is practically a movie already.

That's exactly why we don't need a movie of it, haha.
The only way I'd want a MGS movie is if Kojima wrote a completely original plot, independent of the games, and had complete creative control.

Nocturnal-biatch wrote:There was a sonic movie? Post a link or something.

It's simply called "Sonic the Hedgehog the Movie." It's pretty cool. It's kinda like a loose adaption of Sonic CD, and even uses animation similar to the opening.
You can watch it on YT.
*EDIT*
Whoops, looks like I was beaten to the punch by Advertisement.

Ultima527 wrote:but I don't think it's the fact that they're live action that makes them bad.

In some cases it would... Depending on how cartoony the game is.

... Lots of responses, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby FlamingDbag » October 16th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:Is no one going to mention the Metal Gear series? That series is practically a movie already.

The only way I'd want a MGS movie is if Kojima wrote a completely original plot, independent of the games, and had complete creative control.

Metal Gear's honestly too huge for a cinema movie. And they'd probably change too much to keep entirely ture.
FlamingDbag

Postby Seven Rain » October 16th, 2011, 10:39 pm

FlamingDbag wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

Metal Gear's honestly too huge for a cinema movie. And they'd probably change too much to keep entirely ture.

Which is exactly why I'd want Kojima to write something new. That way it could keep the feel of the series without butchering a specific title or cutting out tons of stuff.

Honestly, Metal Gear or not I'd just love to see Kojima get into films.

*EDIT*
Hmmmmm...
Director Hideo Kojima confirmed in 2006 that a film adaptation of Metal Gear Solid was in development. He also hinted that the movie may be set in Alaska, the original setting for the game. Despite pitching his ideas regarding the movie, the voice of Solid Snake, David Hayter, will not be writing the final script, appearing in the movie or directing the film. However, a petition has been started by fans to get Hayter involved in writing the script. The movie's producers hoped to invite Kurt Wimmer to write the movie, but the final decision has not yet been announced, but DeLuca dismissed the claim. According to an interview in Nuts magazine actor Christian Bale is interested in playing Solid Snake in the film.

I remember hearing something about Hayter writing a script but for some reason I thought the whole idea was canned... But now I know it's still happening, and that it won't be an original story nor will Hayter have anything to do with it?
Not sure if want...
Seven Rain

Postby Mr Aids » October 17th, 2011, 12:07 am

They need to hurry up and make that Bioshock movie.

Also I want to hear a Big Daddy say "Who's your daddy" to the protagonist.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Seven Rain » October 17th, 2011, 12:30 am

Mr Aids wrote:Also I want to hear a Big Daddy say "Who's your daddy" to the protagonist.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened in a Gamestop commercial yet.
Seven Rain

Postby Guest » October 17th, 2011, 1:56 am

Seven Rain wrote:
Advertisement wrote:Most movies based on games suck. The only good ones I have seen are animated. Prof. Layton, Halo, Sonic, and the Japenese animated Mario Movie. If you are going to base a movie on a game, make it the same style as the game itself. Live action sucks!

I agree with you to an extent, but my friend, there is one live action VG movie you need to see;

... Lots of responses, haha.

Mortal Kombat was a great live action adaption that I liked with Sweet Home. What I liked in particular was that they had scenes inspired by the game and kept loyal to the original plot and and didn't make a new lame plot like The Super Mario Movie did.

(Sweet Home film was very loyal to the game. One of the characters even had the same death scene
Video game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcxSasG ... re=related
Film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dmFtsmv ... re=related )

Postby lonk » October 17th, 2011, 11:44 am

Vanessa 999999999 wrote:The Legend of Zelda (Everything except the CD-i games)

I'd watch a live action adaptation of the CD-i game

But really.. a Zelda anime would be pretty damn neat (unless they've already done it?), if they had a similar style to the OOT manga.
bricks wrote:my mother mentioned to my uncle that i would like horror manga for my bday....so he gives me horror manga.. aka horrible manga aka 2 vols of hetalia

Seven Rain wrote:Here, how about some more animals being d-Umm... Jerks.
lonk

Postby Rivana » October 17th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Was going to! But you beat me to it...

but then considering the bad rep of movies based from video games, sometimes I think they need to leave MGS alone :P

Oh I heard there's going to be a Warcraft movie?

on a tangent, I actually liked the movie adaptation of Silent Hill. I felt like I was playing the game.
Rivana

Postby gun21 » October 17th, 2011, 6:47 pm

gun21

Postby Ultima527 » October 17th, 2011, 7:10 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Ultima527 wrote:but I don't think it's the fact that they're live action that makes them bad.

In some cases it would... Depending on how cartoony the game is.

Exactly. It all depends on the game. For example; they were right to make Resident Evil live action (but wrong to make it have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAMES!)

Personally, I would like to see a CGI Super Mario Brothers movie. The live action movie was awful. In fact, I didn't even know it was Super Mario Brothers until it got to a commercial break (I saw it on Disney Channel. That's right, Disney Channel).
Ultima527

Postby RyoSoulreaper » October 17th, 2011, 7:19 pm

Ultima527 wrote:they were right to make Resident Evil live action

They already exist. Like 4.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Ultima527 » October 17th, 2011, 8:06 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:
Ultima527 wrote:they were right to make Resident Evil live action

They already exist. Like 4.

I know. I actually saw the first one.
I didn't hate Alice......I just don't like the fact that they totally made her up instead of using...I don't know, someone from the games?
I know people from the games appear, but Alice is still the main character for some reason...
Ultima527

Postby malcolm hex » October 17th, 2011, 8:28 pm

i wouldn't mind seeing a portal movie.
loz could be really good if they have an idea on which game they wanna focus the plot around.
contra would be another goodie too as well as ninja gaiden.

i would say castlevania but its getting a movie...just wish it wasn't the nerfherders who did the saw franchise making it.
malcolm hex

Postby Froken Keke » October 17th, 2011, 9:42 pm

Can't we please just keep the two mediums apart? Games work best as games.
It's actually Fröken Keke, there's a difference.
Froken Keke

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games