Ore... SANJOU! Kamen Rider Topic!

Re: Ore... SANJOU! Kamen Rider Topic!

Postby Seven Rain » January 2nd, 2012, 1:45 pm

The Bearded Man wrote:So basically, if I started watching the latest series, there would be references to the older ones that I wouldn't get? (Or maybe they make short recaps?)

Nah, not really, it's more like Gundam or Final Fantasy, where the different stories don't necessarily connect together but are full of recurring motifs and whatnot. You can really use any of the series as an entry point but the two aforementioned films are just a couple of the better entry points, haha.
Bowserknight wrote:I saw that the latest episode of the Super Best Friendcast was called "God supports straight shota" and immediately thought of Seven Rain.

Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:Seven Rain, making the world a better place, one post at a time!
Seven Rain

Postby The Bearded Man » January 2nd, 2012, 2:03 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
The Bearded Man wrote:So basically, if I started watching the latest series, there would be references to the older ones that I wouldn't get? (Or maybe they make short recaps?)

Nah, not really, it's more like Gundam or Final Fantasy, where the different stories don't necessarily connect together but are full of recurring motifs and whatnot. You can really use any of the series as an entry point but the two aforementioned films are just a couple of the better entry points, haha.

So the source of their power, their moves, are never the same (the characters too I guess) but sometimes older characters make an appearance perhaps?
The Bearded Man

Postby RyoSoulreaper » January 2nd, 2012, 2:10 pm

The Bearded Man wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

So the source of their power, their moves, are never the same (the characters too I guess) but sometimes older characters make an appearance perhaps?

Yes. With the exception of Kamen Rider Black and Kamen Rider Black RX, the moves, power source, and characters are never the same. I have seen synposis' where they meet other Kamen Rider's but it's either during some special or for like an episode or so beofre they are not seen for the rest of the series.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Lux-Nero » January 2nd, 2012, 2:33 pm

And then there's Decade...

Meeting almost all of the riders save for OOO and Fourze.

Although, in Mega War Max last year, OOO had every single rider appear as a cameo.

But yeah, the only series that might be connected with another is Kuuga and Agito.

And yeah, each rider has their own origins and powers, so its a good idea to check them out. And some of the designs are awesome.
Cute girls, awesome fights, and humor coming out of every which way!

What more could you want?

http://vexinggears.smackjeeves.com/comi ... g-in-july/
Lux-Nero

Postby Seven Rain » January 2nd, 2012, 3:40 pm

The Bearded Man wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

Yeah, the short(est) way to explain it is Kamen Rider is basically Power Rangers without a team of 5 and without the Zords, but with better on-foot fights. (AKA: The fights in Kamen Rider tend to make up for the lack of Zords, though a few of the Rider series do have robots and stuff. Like 555.)
Bowserknight wrote:I saw that the latest episode of the Super Best Friendcast was called "God supports straight shota" and immediately thought of Seven Rain.

Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:Seven Rain, making the world a better place, one post at a time!
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » January 4th, 2012, 7:35 pm

Ok so I'm at Episode 30 in Kiva. I love this show.

Otoya is awesome and Kavat makes a silly girl.

Also DAT THEME SONG.
Never gets old.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby beldon123 » January 4th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Anyone else hear about the Kamen Rider x Super Sentai movie coming soon? :3
Raidaaaah... Hen-SHIN!
beldon123

Postby RyoSoulreaper » January 4th, 2012, 8:10 pm

beldon123 wrote:Anyone else hear about the Kamen Rider x Super Sentai movie coming soon? :3

I heard of that. Looked cool.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Lux-Nero » January 4th, 2012, 11:37 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:Ok so I'm at Episode 30 in Kiva. I love this show.

Otoya is awesome and Kavat makes a silly girl.

Also DAT THEME SONG.
Never gets old.

lol, felt the same way when I saw Kiva transform into his Emperor form.

I think you'll find W has a similar ear-worm with all of its music... Truely kicks ass.

And yeah, its seems like that movie will be awesome - Too bad it takes about a half a year for it to get over here in America and even then it takes a month for people to sub it.

Lux-Nero

Postby RyoSoulreaper » January 6th, 2012, 12:20 am

Finished Kiva.

God damn awesome. Gonna hit up the movie "The First" and then Start on W and Blade.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Lux-Nero » January 6th, 2012, 6:08 pm

Then I swear we'll see more rider symbols in your signature lol

Lux-Nero

Postby RyoSoulreaper » January 6th, 2012, 11:12 pm

A badge system I guess XD.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Lux-Nero » January 8th, 2012, 12:34 am

I see you've counted your sins lol.

What next? You going to be the one who ascends the heavens?

Or are you going to appear again?

lol

Lux-Nero

Postby beldon123 » January 8th, 2012, 12:44 am

What you should really do next is... umm..... damnit, OOO didn't have a catchphrase! >.<

But yeah, watch OOO
Raidaaaah... Hen-SHIN!
beldon123

Postby Lux-Nero » January 9th, 2012, 1:19 pm

OOOH, SEE-YA!

That's as close as a catchphrase that OOO had...

Unless you count - "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" as one.

Lux-Nero

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Movies