And I am ashamed to admit it but I still have my friends copy of Legend of Dragoon from High school and it is to this day unbeaten. I have character saves on my old memory cards and ps3 hard drive but...
NoDanico wrote:Parasite EveThis game along with metal gear is the reason I am a Chemistry major. They made science click in the seventh grade. genome? mitochondria? Oh yes Ms. Wilson I know what those are.Spoiler! :
ApaFox wrote:So, squeezing boobs cure cancer, eh. That mean we'll need tons of people squeezing boobs around the clock.
I'll do my part! Rain, clear my schedule.
Seven Rain wrote:
I'm up for trying any SNES JRPG I haven't already, especially one by Square, but if I can't find a fantrans then no dice. :C
Also still gotta get caught up on RPGs before I delve into too many more.
NoDanico wrote:Azure dreamsSpoiler! :
attlebridge wrote:A little turn-of-the-century (1999-2000) game series I adored was a sub-series of the MegaTen franchise called "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children." While it was an attempt to make a "kid-friendly" version of MegaTen, it failed in the sense that the story was pretty dark and heavy. As in... apocalypse, hell, and death. The two-game set was for GBC, and then later got bundled together in a PSX fully-voiced re-release.
Why it was AWESOME: (may contain spoilers, but in a game with a decade already on it... who really cares)
- entire towns filled with Jack Frosts and adorable remixes of MegaTen demons.
- to collect "Demons" you converse/bribe/threaten them into making contracts with you.
- YOU SUMMON DEMONS BY SHOOTING A GUN. This concept was later recycled into the evokers in Persona 3.
- you go through the levels of Hell, defeating overlords and BECOME AN OVERLORD OF HELL.
- Multiple endings with the options to 1) blow up the world and complete the apocalypse, 2) save the world, 3) BECOME A GOD.
- The Player Characters (Setsuna and Mirai) are Lucifer's half-human children. As in legit children, bound by blood.
- Crossover references to Persona 1&2 (released around the same time), thus making Lucifer's angsty, powerful, overlord children who can travel between Earth and Hell canon in the Persona universe. :O
It was just a really fun game with cute characters and great music. Still my favorite ATLUS game to this day, and all the friends I've lent/showed it to have loved it as well.
Mr. Henry wrote:I wish I knew where to start looking for this, this was the only game from the SMT series I haven't played(save for If, Soul Hackers, etc.).
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests