Assassin's Creed

Re: Assassin's Creed

Postby Mr Aids » February 15th, 2012, 6:03 pm

Hunterkirizaki wrote:I'm probably the main one amongst the folks here who's really interested in seeing what they do with the multiplayer at this point. Sad thing is that the multiplayer seems less appreciated on PC.

As far as story goes, I'm hoping it's finally Desmond's turn. I wanna play in da real waorld.

Yeah that would be awesome, when I'm in the city I look at buildings and think "Man, how cool would it be to climb that"

But I guess he could just take the lift. Or the stairs. Aw.

I guess if it is set in the real world it would be sorta like Mirror's Edge.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Froken Keke » February 15th, 2012, 6:41 pm

I think it's unlikely that Desmond gets his own game. His story is meant to take place in the real world, as a framing device for the actual games. Every game aspect is explained by the Animus being a simulation, as thus you can't die when you play as Desmond, because he'd die for real then.
Though, most importantly, the main focus in the Assassin's Creed games is history. The point of it is for you to explore exotic areas and time periods that other games haven't, while teaching you all about the setting. You can't do that with Desmond's story, it would be purely science fiction, set in a modern day setting that we see in every other game.
He might have a bigger role in the plot, but it's unlikely that you'd play as him for most of the game.

RyoSoulreaper wrote:
Froken Keke wrote:
RyoSoulreaper wrote:Bumped cuz relavent.

Has been fairly obvious since 2009, though.

So it's been obvious it'll be out on the 30th of October for 3 years?

Well shit.

No, but around that time.
It's actually Fröken Keke, there's a difference.
Froken Keke

Postby Mr Aids » February 15th, 2012, 6:46 pm

Froken Keke wrote:I think it's unlikely that Desmond gets his own game. His story is meant to take place in the real world, as a framing device for the actual games. Every game aspect is explained by the Animus being a simulation, as thus you can't die when you play as Desmond, because he'd die for real then.
Though, most importantly, the main focus in the Assassin's Creed games is history. The point of it is for you to explore exotic areas and time periods that other games haven't, while teaching you all about the setting. You can't do that with Desmond's story, it would be purely science fiction, set in a modern day setting that we see in every other game.
He might have a bigger role in the plot, but it's unlikely that you'd play as him for most of the game.

Yeah I think at least you get to play as Desmond more, but reasons for him to keep using the Animus are getting thin. He's already been trained to be an assassin, the only reason for him to keep going back in history is for information.

(Unless something has happened in Revalations, I've yet to play it)
kevansevans wrote:

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Seven Rain » February 15th, 2012, 6:54 pm

Froken Keke wrote:Though, most importantly, the main focus in the Assassin's Creed games is history. The point of it is for you to explore exotic areas and time periods that other games haven't, while teaching you all about the setting. You can't do that with Desmond's story, it would be purely science fiction, set in a modern day setting that we see in every other game.

Honestly I wouldn't call that the "main focus" of the AC games. Sure it's fascinating and plays a big role in the appeal of the games but there's much more to the series than that, and there is a story building up to some sort of climax in the present with Desmond, full game or not. Most, if not all of the ventures in the Animus so far served to train Desmond to be an assassin like Altair and Ezio.
Even if we don't play as Desmond for an entire game I'm sure the series will end with Desmond nonetheless.
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » February 15th, 2012, 7:09 pm

Froken Keke wrote:
RyoSoulreaper wrote:So it's been obvious it'll be out on the 30th of October for 3 years?

Well shit.

No, but around that time.

Then it was not obvious. Alls I knows is that they said 2012 was AC3. Most likely late 2012. Never once did I get the impression it would be out in October nor the end of the moth so,
New information. Worthy of a bump.

Hell if I'm not mistaken AC:R came out a week after Skyrim in like November/December.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Hunterkirizaki » February 28th, 2012, 2:26 pm

Relevant

Revelations is $25 on Steam right now. If you don't have it, grab it.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby RyoSoulreaper » March 2nd, 2012, 6:17 pm

Hey guys, Remember that picture of the native american Assassin?

It's legit.
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/03/ ... reed-3.jpg
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » March 2nd, 2012, 7:42 pm

There's also this goin' on.
I find it hilarious that the second comment mirrored my thoughts of one of those screens being reminiscent of The Patriot.
COMING THIS SUMMER ASSASSIN'S CREED 3 THE MOVIE STARING MEL GIBSON AS ANOTHER PSYCHOPATH BUT WITH HIDDEN BLADES THIS TIME. In a theater near you.
Seven Rain

Postby Mr Aids » March 6th, 2012, 5:25 am

Well here's the first trailer.

I'm ok with the setting but does this mean the main character will no longer have a sexy accent D=

Edit: Also I like Seven's avatar and mine side by side, it looks like we're jamming to the same tunes.

Edit 2: Better version of trailer.
kevansevans wrote:

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby FlamingDbag » March 6th, 2012, 7:17 am

The ending to the reveal trailer was amazing. ONE ASSASSIN IN THE MIDDLE OF A HUNDRED MAN WARZONE.

Well not in the middle, but I imagined that.
FlamingDbag

Postby Hunterkirizaki » March 12th, 2012, 2:21 pm

The new Game Informer has a nice, in-depth look at the setting, among other things, of Assassin's Creed 3. If you get a chance, check it out.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Seven Rain » March 12th, 2012, 2:51 pm

My copy is sitting on the couch as we speak, haha. Dunno if I'm gonna read it, though. I already know I'm getting it at some point or another so I'll just leave the news be and let myself be surprised by all the greatness when I play it. It's not often that I have the resolve to avoid indulging in every piece of news for a game I'm excited for, so I'm going to savor that resolve while I can.
Seven Rain

Postby Hunterkirizaki » March 25th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Apparently Xbox Live Arcade leaked some info stating that Assassin's Creed 3 might have a co-op mode, of 2-4 players, before they removed it.

Please let this be true.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby RyoSoulreaper » March 25th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Hunterkirizaki wrote:Apparently Xbox Live Arcade leaked some info stating that Assassin's Creed 3 might have a co-op mode, of 2-4 players, before they removed it.

Please let this be true.

I will sell my soul to ubisoft if this is true.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » March 25th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Co-op sounds more fun to me than the competitive MP in the other games. :D
As long as it's GTAIV/SR2 and 3 style where you can just run around with your buddies and do whatever the hell you want.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games