The Official Wii U Thread

Re: The Official Wii U Thread

Postby Seven Rain » September 14th, 2012, 8:03 pm

Wait, so will you be gettin' one as well, TM? :O
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » September 14th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Wait, so will you be gettin' one as well, TM? :O

That's enough for a clan or guild, right?
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby kevansevans » September 14th, 2012, 9:12 pm

I kind of think that the games that will come out for the Wii U will be 50 percent TV screen and controller alone, and 50 percent tv, controller, motion sense gimmick, and built in touch screen gimmick. The ones that don't use the gimmicks will be better IMO, any one else think this?
kevansevans

Postby Afrohawkman » September 14th, 2012, 9:27 pm

TerminalMontage wrote:This pleases me immensely. Hopefully, it'll be packed with content like Freedom Unite, cause.. This will be the 4th time MH "3" has been remade lol

I'll be entirely honest, if I see the menu with changing your items on the touch screen, that's...that's all I need right there. Like I don't mean I don't want extra content but I'd absolutely love to see touch screen items and menus as well as the map. That alone is enough to make me want the game.
Afrohawkman

Postby RyoSoulreaper » September 15th, 2012, 12:32 am

So I see the price of the Wii U......I think I can get it.......but I kinda want to wait for a game I REALLY FUCKIN WANT to come out on it before I go burning 3 paychecks on it.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby pwii » September 15th, 2012, 1:05 am

Is anyone else just excited for the new Nintendo games that'll come out WITH the WiiU? I'm super stoked about NSMBW2. And the new Zelda, and Smash Bros. The WiiU itself, not so much. As for the screen controller, I have no idea what they're talking about. It's not something you can really...describe so much as experience. I actually have no idea whether I'm going to like it or not, so it's kinda exciting.

Another thing is that Nintendo won't be passed up when every graphically advanced game comes out. Arkham Asylum, I'm looking at you.
Shoprocks wrote:Surely it's no coincidence that the more I talk about the characters, the gayer they get.

Interterrestrial wrote:...and I can tell you strange things that you probably never wanted to know like the fact that I have a can of beets in my closet and I didn't put it there
pwii

Postby Butterscotch » September 15th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Mm, I'll wait a bit. I might get one with my income tax refund but none of the launch window games really strike me as a must buy. So, I might wait until we have more news on the new Zelda game.
Butterscotch

Postby Bowserknight » September 15th, 2012, 3:27 pm

I watched the Nintendo direct now and I realised
I think I want all the Launch titles. All of them.
Bowserknight

Postby RyoSoulreaper » September 15th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Butterscotch wrote:Mm, I'll wait a bit. I might get one with my income tax refund but none of the launch window games really strike me as a must buy. So, I might wait until we have more news on the new Zelda game.

This for me too.

I feel I need Zelda to push the hurdle.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Afrohawkman » September 16th, 2012, 10:46 am

Just a heads up, reservations are flying out left and right for the Wii U. Apparently the history of the Wii's selling out being rather hectic has been causing people to get their preorders fast.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » September 16th, 2012, 12:44 pm

It's out of my hands, so all I can do is cross my fingers that Nintendo's making more units available than they did with the Wii.
Seven Rain

Postby Lord Enigma » September 18th, 2012, 7:42 am

Oh Nintendo. You always find a way to bring me back. I was thinking of going with a diffrent console this time. Then I see the Wii U and the games it has. Now I want it. Too bad they seem to be sold out. Though waiting is probably better. I got enough bills to pay as it is.
Lord Enigma

Postby Piano-kun » September 18th, 2012, 2:45 pm

I finally saw the demo vid. Gotta say, now I'm more excited for this than I already was. I saw Trine 2. And...IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

I'm kind of interested to see how Assassin's Creed III will be used on the Wii U since I played the AC, ACII and ACB on the Xbox, and ACR on the PS3. That, and I'm just hella excited for ACIII.
Piano-kun

Postby Afrohawkman » October 25th, 2012, 11:11 am

So! The Wii U release is approaching fast fellows! Wii U preorders have been selling out like crazy, we find out more and more about games as days go on, and the hype train is just revving up! For those of you who haven't gotten preorders, I believe Walmart has a Bundle going for them that nets you the system, a game (Do NOT order Nintendo Land if you get a Deluxe edition, it comes standard with Deluxe editions so that'd be a waste of money) and a Pro Controller. Not sure if they're still in stock but doesn't hurt to try.

I also hear some Gamestops are doing a trade-in thing this week where console trade ins are worth DOUBLE their normal price, so if you're one of the few people who has nothing left on their Wii besides memory that you can transfer to an SD Card (except Smash Bros. *tear*), I'd get on it! I'm probably going to do it myself. I will miss all of my Smash Bros. data but I can always unlock all that stuff again. It's not too big a deal for me really.

So guys, anyone here getting it launch day? What games are you looking forward to the most when it launches? I can't decide between getting New Super Mario Bros. U and Scribblenauts Unlimited. Might get both but I'm partial to Scribblenauts just because of the customization at the moment. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is also looking surprisingly good so I might give that a look. May just get that on the 360 sometime down the road but I digress. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two also looks really good but I'll save that for a later purchase.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » November 7th, 2012, 9:53 am

There are some cool vids on Nintendo Direct showing off the Chat feature and User Account stuff for the Wii U.
Spoiler! :
Reggie's Japanese might be even funnier than Iwata's English.

*EDIT*
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games