E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby Afrohawkman » June 6th, 2012, 9:11 pm

Yeah that was a ton of fun seeing Paper Mario and NSMB2, I love seeing someone who can actually play the game. Paper Mario looks INSANELY fun though, I can't wait to play it. Also hearing about the KH3D demo and seeing NSMB2 being two player and having a little challenge mode was pretty sweet. Castlevania looks pretty cool too.

Overall, this year's E3 wasn't half bad but I was way overhyped for it haha. I was expecting massive First Party IPs coming but I'm okay with there not being too much. There were actually a lot of titles I'm looking forward to overall. Pikmin 3, Luigi's Mansion 2, both New Super Mario Bros. games, Lego City, POSSIBLE Batman (because I already have it but it's BATMAN), possible AC3 as well, Paper Mario, KH3D, and Project-100 all have my attention. Good E3 this year though not the best. I think they just did so well last year I didn't know what to expect this year haha. Perhaps this year's Tokyo Game Show will yield more interesting titles :D

EDIT: Oh wait a second what happened to Animal Crossing?! D:
Afrohawkman

Postby SpiralPen » June 6th, 2012, 9:13 pm

I guess I got caught up in being overhyped as well, even though I kept telling myself I wasn't. :|
Pikmin 3, Project P-100, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed III are the big ones for me!
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Huh. I hadn't checked out Watch Dogs yet, but it looks pretty awesome.
Seven Rain

Postby Palutena » June 6th, 2012, 10:29 pm

I have to say, there was one game in particular that I was hoping to see at the Nintendo conference.

Fire Emblem:Kakusei.

It's actually a bit insulting for the fans that Nintendo didn't even give us a hint of it at the conference itself, however they have just redeemed themselves with this twitter post.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/statuses/210570017471864833

Now all we need is a release date and i'll be one extremely happy fangirl!
Nintendork for life.
Palutena

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 10:34 pm

:O

Sweeeeeet. Now I can actually start caring about it instead of blocking it out and pretending it doesn't exist like all of the other awesome games we don't get in the west.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » June 7th, 2012, 12:33 pm

Well Sega, you did it. You made me want your racing game. New Trailer for Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, the part of the video at 1:13. The old guy from Golden Axe. I can't wait. :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » June 7th, 2012, 1:16 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Well Sega, you did it. You made me want your racing game. New Trailer for Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, the part of the video at 1:13. The old guy from Golden Axe. I can't wait. :D

Looks neat. I'll wait for a confirmed roster before I think about getting it, though.
It'd be awesome of Kazuma Kiryu was in it. :O
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » April 22nd, 2013, 5:51 pm

BOUT THAT TIME AGAIN BROS. E3 is about a month and a half a way and the hype for me has never been higher.

We all know Sony's bringing in the PS4 with their most likely impressive line-up of games for the PS4. They're definitely going to reveal the price as well as any hidden features not announced a few months ago. I'm looking forward to hearing about their line-up, especially since I may go Sony/Nintendo for this generation. Dunno, depends. Also hoping for more Vita support because from what I hear there aren't a whole lot of things on it at the moment.

Speaking about a "games drought", the Wii U isn't looking so hot either. The 3DS has been getting support left and right with games like Luigi's Mansion 2 and Fire Emblem: Awakening selling big time while the Wii U...has Mario and Monster Hunter? Supposedly Lego City is pretty good as well but frankly, the Wii U just needs games. Its sales are at an all-time low but we all know Nintendo's got a plan and has plenty of money to keep them going. They've already confirmed playable 3D Mario and Mario Kart for the Wii U as well as the appearance of Smash Bros which is already 3 big titles that will easily generate sales. Surprisingly enough, most of the Nintendo Direct's have been about the 3DS, not the Wii U. Maybe they're holding out for E3? Man, that would be one sneaky tactic; generate all this hype for the 3DS then BAM. WII U GAMES. EVERYWHERE. I would love that.

Microsoft will most definitely unveil their next console as well but they've been extremely quiet lately. Besides the debacle with the Microsoft employee and the rumors going around that the new console will be always online, Microsoft hasn't really been speaking up. Perhaps they're saving everything for E3? We'll see.

What games are you guys expecting? I know from 3rd parties we can probably expect Rayman Legends, GTA 5, Destiny, and Batman: Arkham Origins. At least that's what's on my radar. How about you guys? ARE YOU AS HYPED AS I AM?
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » April 22nd, 2013, 8:50 pm

Can't wait to see the new Mario Kart and SSB. Probably won't be seeing any new Wii U Zelda since they've already announced LttP2 and haven't hyped that WW Remake too much yet, but I'd love it if they did give us a peek at the new one they've been working on.
I'd also love to get a release date for Monolith Soft's new game.

As for Sony stuff I just want to see more Versus XIII and get a release date, and if it did move to PS4 they better reveal the damn console's price to be cheap. Like... 200-250 bucks cheap. At least then I'd have some hope of getting one over the Holidays or something. :T

Oh, and yeah. Overall I'm crazy hyped. Might not be able to hop on Steam to chat this time though, if I end up having a bunch of buddies over to watch it I'll just get distracted trying to chat.
Buuut, if no one hangs out on the big day I'll chat it up for sure.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » April 24th, 2013, 11:00 pm

W-wow. Nintendo's not having a traditional conference this year. I'm surprised. I mean information is definitely still coming but I am completely surprised. No huge hype conference? Bummer! I mean we're still going to get the information and, frankly speaking, I expect Nintendo Directs either before or after will be still great but...I'm going to miss the big conference. It just won't be the same.

Still hyped for E3 though.

EDIT: Looks like they're just going to do some Nintendo Directs instead? Hmmm...considering how good the Directs are, I wouldn't be too upset about that. To be honest, this is kind of better. Instead of all of the "sales!" and "let's introduce this person!" commentary it's straight up information which is really cool and gets to the point. The time you get to talk about all the new stuff in between is kind of nice whenever they're switching between games but I still love Nintendo Directs so this may not be a bad thing. We'll see.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » April 24th, 2013, 11:31 pm

Yeah, doesn't sound too bad to me. I mean big conference or small Directs, I don't care, they've already confirmed new Mario Kart and SSB stuff, so I'm happy already.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » April 25th, 2013, 3:19 pm

Man I love GamesRadar. They sum up my exact feelings on this subject.

Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » April 28th, 2013, 9:46 am

Well now this is interesting...
Normally I'd brush the cobwebs off the FF thread for this kind of news but I feel that it's worth discussing here, what with all the teasing SE has done about E3 and upcoming Versus info.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » May 6th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Reggie and Miyamoto to have a conference before E3! J-just Reggie and Miyamoto? Oh man, my body cannot be more ready. BRING ON THEM GAMES.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » May 7th, 2013, 12:50 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Reggie and Miyamoto to have a conference before E3! J-just Reggie and Miyamoto? Oh man, my body cannot be more ready. BRING ON THEM GAMES.

<3
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games