Seven Rain Drawin' Thangs! (2016 EDITION!)

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: EthereaVerse Nonsense (Crickets Chirping Edition)

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Well as long as I'm still going strong in drawing mode here's some more stuff to share~
First is a color version of a flashback panel that'll appear in the remade version of Wings 29;
Spoiler! :

As with any flashback shot the one on the page will be greyscale despite the colorful flora, so I wanted to share the color version beforehand.

I also have a bit more RPG stuff to share, the first being more artwork for another character, named Nohas;
A little bit meh, but these shots are primarily meant as a reference for the in-game characters as well as any future artwork.

And then there's this (FYI: This thing is currently planned to be a very late-game boss or superboss, don't open the spoiler if you don't wanna see);
Spoiler! :

Since there seems to be more interest in the RPG than I expected, I thought it'd be fun to share some testing footage.
Naturally, most of this is bare bones stuff that hasn't been worked on yet. The attack animation is default, the stats of the boss weren't touched from default, "Apocalypse Creator" is likely just gonna be a silly temp name, the area is my little testing map, etc.
Spoiler! :
I'm also not sure how to keep that "The battle has begun." message from popping up thrice...

I just wanted to show what some of the boss fights can be like, such as destroying body parts to reach others and whatnot.
I'm also hoping to implement a MH-esque parts system, where you can get special drops by destroying certain parts of enemies/bosses, such as tails.

*EDIT*
Also worth mentioning is I tweaked the side view of the character sprite a bit. I think it looks better now.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » June 6th, 2013, 2:16 pm

Ahhhh, fantasy flora~ How I love it, so~

My phone won't load the Apocalypse Creator video D:
so i'll have to get back to you about that, but sweet Amir, I wasn't expecting gameplay footage!! (primordial as it may be. v u v)

keep up the awesome work, and yes, to second redandblack, your passion for your projects is inspiring, enviable, commendable and, in my case, often times contagious.
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2013, 3:51 pm

I'm trying my best not to belch out the typical "Haha, thanks, etc." stuff, but seriously, thanks. Inspiration really is contagious, but hearing comments in this thread add to my inspiration and motivation as well, which is why I always appreciate your words. <3
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » June 7th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Here's one more pic for now, another color version from the flashback page;
I wanted to draw a shot that shows how Ixis and Reina "loved each-other before they were in love with each-other" or something cheesy like that. *Shrug*
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » June 7th, 2013, 6:54 pm

That shits 2 kawaii 4 me.

ALSO, SECRETLY WAITING FOR ANOTHER SHIP TO SHIP FROM WOE > u >
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » June 7th, 2013, 7:25 pm

SpiralPen wrote:ALSO, SECRETLY WAITING FOR ANOTHER SHIP TO SHIP FROM WOE > u >

Ahaha, well Ara isn't set in stone yet~
Spoiler! :
And there are still a couple Etherean gals who've yet to make an appearance and have no canon pairings planned.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » June 21st, 2013, 11:42 am

So I'm trying to get motivated to work on the Crisis some more for WOE's 5th B-Day, but recently realized I didn't think out the date too well. Going by my Universe's mythos L-7071 is far too early for the events of the Crisis. I'm no science-savvy fellow, and it didn't occur to me when creating the Life era that life on Earth alone began billions of years ago. :P

For those lost on what I'm talking about; "The Life Era" in the EthereaVerse is a measurement of time starting with the creation of the Draconians, the first life in the Universe. So "L-7071" would take place 7071 years after the creation of the Draconians, meaning there'd be a gap between it and WOE, (which begins in 617 AD going by Earth's calendar,) of billions of years.
(Bearing in mind that a Chronan year is the same length as that of an Earth year because I'm lazy. Aside from that the L/BC/AD/RA prefixes are for the readers' benefit.)

So basically I came to the realization I'd either have to change the date the Crisis takes place, work some funky time/freezing shenanigans into the story, or change how the Life era works, but the first choice seems to be the best route.

The Draconians and Ethereans will remain the first life of the Universe, and cells and other smaller forms of life will come not long after... But all of this will be pushed much further back. This means the date of the Crisis will also need to change, as will the title, since "The L-12,965,255,715 Crisis" doesn't roll off the tongue all that well.
I know, I know, I should've done the quick research on evolution and life before delving into the Universe's history.

One nice thing about this is that there will also now be a definitive start to the Life Era, allowing it to be linked to Earth's calendar. Although I'll still keep quiet for now on when L-1 begins. Keep it mysterious. ;D

As for titles, I'm leaning towards "The Crisis of the Ancients." If that's too long-winded I've also been thinking "The Chrona Crisis," though I find it less interesting of a title.

With that out of the way, I finally have some new stuff to share! Starting with a few more shots of the RPG, which I've been taking a break from to focus on comics;
First off, a shot of some of the weapons, (all drawn in Flash, so no stock icons here;)

And here's a very early WIP of the world map, (I'll spoiler it in case anyone would rather wait until the game is finished to see the world map, though much of it is still bare anyway;)
Spoiler! :

But yeah. Lately just been taking a short break from WOE remaking and getting ready to continue the Crisis. I've managed to get a little extra stuff done, though.
Here's a character that goes by the name Jerry, or Jericho "Jerry" Cherry;
He's a character in "Welcome to the IFS," and is gonna be a fun one to write. Incredibly chill, and one of the oldest immortals in the comic.

And speaking of new characters, here's one I don't believe I've shared yet;
Her name's Lilly, and she might not look it but she's actually a WOE character. One of the later ones conceptualized actually, and I'm still thinking about which part of the series I'd like her to pop up at. Her personality and design are more or less final, though.
Spoiler! :
She's Reina's best friend. Met during Ixis' absence from the Castle, although Reina is close to Ixis and Melody, Lilly provides the least contrast in that she and Reina have similar tomboyish personalities. She won't play a huge role in the story but will nonetheless be a close part of Reina and Ixis' circle of friends.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » June 21st, 2013, 6:38 pm

Seven Rain wrote:

For a second there, I thought that was called the "King's Quest Blade".

Oh, you should make one of them joke-but-super-powerful-weapons. Like a wooden sword that does, like, one damage every hit and then, like, a thousand every other hit.

Seven Rain wrote:And speaking of new characters, here's one I don't believe I've shared yet;

Why.... hello. ;)
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » June 21st, 2013, 7:35 pm

ApaFox wrote:Oh, you should make one of them joke-but-super-powerful-weapons. Like a wooden sword that does, like, one damage every hit and then, like, a thousand every other hit.

Oh there will definitely be some fun stuff in there.

ApaFox wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:
Spoiler! :

Why.... hello. ;)

That's probably the kind of reaction she'd want to get.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » June 26th, 2013, 10:29 am

Seven Rain wrote:Image

Also, the world map looks dope as hell and the Gold Ocean sword has me intrigued~
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » June 26th, 2013, 11:56 am

SpiralPen wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

<3

SpiralPen wrote:the Gold Ocean sword has me intrigued~

Haha, there will be far more intriguing swords in the final game~
As for Gold Ocean;
Spoiler! :
It's an Ice sword that causes enemies to drop more money. Dohoho.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » July 16th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Hey now, got the final character of the core gang from Welcome to the IFS! done. Say hello to a homosexual Etherean fella named Xizy;
Spoiler! :

He's Melty's best friend, a cheerful little alpha with a love for dying his hair. The outfit is more of a place-holder than anything, I'll admit, and I didn't put much detail into it, but with this the main main characters of Welcome to the IFS! are all finished.

Also I drew this thing I guess;
Now that I have a notepad sitting around I've been using it to draw quick concept stuff but have also been using it for a bit of random doodling.
So I doodled that.

Oh, and have some Ixal douchebag-y-ness;
His faces get progressively more fun to draw.

... Wish I had more to share but y'know. That's the double-edged sword of focusing more on remaking. Get it done sooner but have less stuff to throw in here.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » July 16th, 2013, 9:01 pm

AAaAaAAAAAHhHHhhhhh!!!! I haven't checked IFS in weeks!!!
Also dat Ixal!!
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » July 16th, 2013, 9:12 pm

SpiralPen wrote:AAaAaAAAAAHhHHhhhhh!!!! I haven't checked IFS in weeks!!!

Spoiler! :
Nothing's happening until WOE remaking is complete. :C

SpiralPen wrote:Also dat Ixal!!

I'm saving his best shit-eating grins for when the pages go up.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » July 16th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Spoiler! :
Nothing's happening until WOE remaking is complete. :C

Oh well.... that's... devastating... :C
Seven Rain wrote:I'm saving his best shit-eating grins for when the pages go up.

THAT BETTER BE A PROMISE
SpiralPen

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase