Steven Universe

Re: Steven Universe

Postby texanspaniard » June 14th, 2016, 6:55 pm

I have become so addicted to this show. I only started watching it in the last 3 months but I've watched every episode so far and am totally addicted to it. Fantastic show!
texanspaniard

Postby Randumbz » June 14th, 2016, 8:19 pm

Yeah, it's the best :D

Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Zarl » June 15th, 2016, 6:42 pm

Peridot is the best.
Zarl

Postby texanspaniard » July 7th, 2016, 9:04 pm

I'm really psyched for Steven's Summer Adventures to start on July 18th! Anyone else hyped for the show's big return?
texanspaniard

Postby Randumbz » July 7th, 2016, 10:04 pm

texanspaniard wrote:I'm really psyched for Steven's Summer Adventures to start on July 18th! Anyone else hyped for the show's big return?

This is me right now
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby texanspaniard » July 19th, 2016, 8:38 pm

3 episodes into Steven's Summer Adventures and it's owning my universe! The Mr. Greg episode today was so great! Pearl's solo song and Steven's song at the piano... phenomenal stuff! Can't wait for more!
texanspaniard

Postby Randumbz » August 9th, 2016, 1:02 pm

Last night's new episodes were craaaazy. I didn't expect to see Smoky Quartz or the thing that happened to Jasper. And we also learned more about Rose's past all in one episode. It was awesome. I also like that they're starting to make less filler episodes and more stuff that relates to the main story
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby texanspaniard » August 11th, 2016, 5:04 pm

This week has been SUPER DUPER crazy on Steven Universe! The major bombs about Rose Quartz & Pink Diamond, Smoky Quartz vs Jasper, Jasper's corruption, the Ruby 5, the craziness of Steven's situation in "Bubbled"... This Steven's Summer Adventures has been a total home run IMO! Great stuff the entire run of it!
texanspaniard

Postby HalfAssedChaos » August 12th, 2016, 8:46 am

Let's not forget the most important addition to come out of the summer adventures!

Baby Sour Cream!
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Jammythewerewolf » August 17th, 2016, 5:04 pm

This summer of Steven has been crazy! I love how its given focus to characters who don't get it so much. I can't help but find the rubies (especially Eyeball, given how much she knows) left floating in space ominous though... Who wants to bet homeworld finds them and learns everything?
Jammythewerewolf

Postby Guest » August 22nd, 2016, 9:14 pm

i like the show but i think i need to be critical about it for a moment.

the animation recently has been weird; everything just looks off to me, especially the faces and proportions
these issues were really prominent in crack the whip, where stevonnie was drawn very strangely and had bad proportions

i feel like jasper was just terribly executed as a character, she was thrown in and without getting any real good screen time now she's corrupted and bubbled. she didnt get good relationships with anyone and when she was starting to become an antagonist she was just offed in one episode and now she's not coming back until steven can heal corrupted gems (which i dont think will happen until waaaay later in the show)

the recent seasons seems like they rushed to put out episodes which makes me a bit scared about season 4 and whats going to happen and the future of the show
they threw in so much over the course of a couple of episodes (especially in the latter half of season 3). where that might not be a "bad" thing, i think it ruins the pacing of the show that previously was decent

Postby Randumbz » August 22nd, 2016, 9:35 pm

They've definitely been messing up proportions lately. Ever since the "shortie squad" episode or whatever it was called, Steven has been much shorter than he used to be. He looks like he's 6 years old now and it's kind of weird. Amethyst also looks off sometimes. I don't really mind that Jasper is gone because that storyline will probably be back soon and also because it feels like it won't be long before the gems have to deal with the Diamonds. Stevonnie was able to beat jasper, Steven can fuse with Amethyst now and Steven learned about his mom and pink diamond. Plus the rubies are going to tell their diamond about the crystal gens. All of this suggests that Steven will have to fight the diamonds on Homeworld. So I don't mind that Jasper is gone for now
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Guest » September 1st, 2016, 6:22 pm

i thought that mindful education was wonderful. loved the song and the animation/storyboarding was actually on point! gotta love them stevonnie episodes <3

Postby Randumbz » September 1st, 2016, 6:34 pm

Shakes wrote:i thought that mindful education was wonderful. loved the song and the animation/storyboarding was actually on point! gotta love them stevonnie episodes <3

Usually I like the stevonnie stuff, but that was probably one of my least favorite episodes of the entire show. I didn't like the song and it took up way too much time. Basically nothing happened in the episode and then they gave Steven some conflict at the end and resolved it in like one minute.
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Randumbz » September 9th, 2016, 8:50 pm

This show is so awesome. Pearl's outfit in the newest episode was a reference to some pics on tumblr from a while ago that people made of Pearl smoking. I was really surprised when they actually used that design on the show :D
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Movies