Song of the Motherland [alien history/drama/scifi]

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

Song of the Motherland [alien history/drama/scifi]

Postby calmcnichols » April 14th, 2019, 12:44 am

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=180987

Hey all. Guess I'll join the party.

An anthology that explores humanity without the distraction of humans. War, peace, daily life, culture, and the struggles that all people face. A story that I hope will capture the filthiness but yet the beauty of humankind.
Song of the Motherland is an anthology, there is a connecting setting but the majority of characters will not appear in subsequent chapters with the occasional exception. I have an idea of where the story goes but I work best when I don't plan the plot too heavily. There isn't a definitive end in mind but there are milestones (think volume endings) where the settings and time-frames of the comic change.

----

Basically, I have been working on the concept and the world of the comic for years and recently began working on it in earnest. I have chapter one completed and am actively working on the second. The comic gives me an excuse to integrate many things that I enjoy: scifi, drama, (alternate) history, character design, and worldbuilding as a whole. I honestly spend too much time coming up with concepts for the world and I'll figure out a way to share some here.

Thanks for reading my spiel. Take care.
calmcnichols
Last edited by calmcnichols on April 14th, 2019, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image is there a safe space for low self-esteem? Image
calmcnichols

Re: Song of the Motherland [alien history/drama/scifi]

Postby eishiya » April 14th, 2019, 7:02 am

You should link to the comic, so people can get to it easily xP
eishiya

Postby calmcnichols » April 14th, 2019, 1:26 pm

eishiya wrote:You should link to the comic, so people can get to it easily xP

i guess that'd be a good idea wouldn't it ;) thanks. updated.
calmcnichols

Postby calmcnichols » May 14th, 2019, 12:18 am

time for shameless begging i guess 8-)

thanks to all who have read it so far. I really appreciate it. chapter 2 is starting strong!
calmcnichols

Postby calmcnichols » July 4th, 2019, 3:11 am

I know no one reads these threads but i can still dream~~~
calmcnichols

Postby eishiya » July 4th, 2019, 6:50 am

I'm not no one :'D ...but I also already read your comic because it's neato. (Though to be fair, I did find it via your self-promo thread, I think!)
eishiya

Postby calmcnichols » September 22nd, 2019, 11:48 pm

Great news. People of the Wind (ch 1) is now available on Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions! Glad to see my work finally out there in the great beyond. I will try to always keep the comic available to read for free, but purchasing a copy definitely helps me out. It’s always better to have a print version anyway! New chapters will be released similarly as they are finished. Hopefully in the future I’ll make some sort of compendium once I get enough material.

If you are interested in buying a copy, visit here. It really helps a lot to keep my site available for everyone. Please leave a review if you enjoyed it! And thank you for listening to my spiel.
calmcnichols

Return to Self-Promotion