Legends of Candralar: A Sci-Fi/Fantasy Action/Adventure Epic

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

Re: Legends of Candralar: A Sci-Fi/Fantasy Action/Adventure

Postby Candralar » February 21st, 2019, 12:54 am

MarMarTche wrote:So you've been on this journey for several years now - updating regularly and generally crushing it. Your art style and composition has come a long way and everything looks super tight.
With almost 220 pages under you, I have a couple questions;
What's been your favorite part of making Legends of Candralar, what's been the most difficult part, and what would you tell yourself if you could go back in time to the very beginning that you feel would help you the most?

Thanks!

Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate you taking the time to take a look at my comic and comment on it. Now, on to your questions -

My favorite part of making Legends of Candralar is probably the process of creating the world and the characters who populate it. When I first started developing Candralar, I wanted to have a world where anything was possible so that when I was coming up with story ideas, there would be no limits to what I could do or where I could take the characters. In this first 3 book story arc, I wanted to introduce the world and the main characters and in the story lines to follow, things gradually expand out from the Royal Kingdom to reveal more of the world that is Candralar, and we start learning much more about the characters.

Which brings me to what I would say is the most difficult part for me. I have many years worth of stories written. I could probably even bump that up to say several decades worth of stories written, and it is a little frustrating knowing that there's all these cool events that take place down the line that I won't get to in comic form for 5, 10, even 15-20 years from now. So it's hard for me to know that it's pretty likely that some of the stories I've written will probably never see the light of day. The good thing though is that I enjoy working in this world and keeping a consistent schedule is not a problem. I just can't go any faster than the 1-2 page a week pace that the book is on, but I do have a nice buffer built up.

If I could go back to the beginning, I would probably tell myself to not get my hopes up too much about how big and successful my comic would be. I mean pretty much everyone doing comics wants their work to be loved and be seen by as many people as possible, and it used to frustrate me when I would see some of the numbers of fans/readers that people would have for their comics while mine stayed in relative obscurity. As time has gone by though, I've worried less about that and focused more on just doing the best that I can do. This started out as something I did for a creative outlet, but it was also fun and as long as I can keep it fun and something I look forward to doing, it doesn't have to be anything else. That being said, if tomorrow Legends of Candralar exploded in popularity, I would be pretty happy with that too. :D

Hopefully that answers your questions in a satisfactory manner. Thank you again for reading my comic and best of luck with yours!
Candralar

Postby Candralar » March 21st, 2019, 7:56 am

The March Bump...
Candralar

Postby Candralar » April 29th, 2019, 8:05 am

The April Bump...
Candralar

Postby Candralar » May 29th, 2019, 7:39 am

The May Bump...
Candralar

Postby Candralar » June 27th, 2019, 11:32 pm

The June Bump...

The Third Book in the series is wrapping up in the next couple of weeks and the Fourth Book will kick off next month with a new story arc that takes Legends of Candralar in a brand new direction. It's a great time to check out the comic with the story line that ran through the first three books coming to an end and a new beginning kicking off soon!
Candralar

Postby Candralar » July 27th, 2019, 10:07 am

The July Bump...

The Fourth Book in the series is just starting. Now's a great time to take a look at the comic!
Candralar

Postby Candralar » August 30th, 2019, 8:48 am

The August Bump...
Candralar

Postby Candralar » September 28th, 2019, 8:19 am

The September Bump...
Candralar

Previous

Return to Self-Promotion