Introduce Yourself Thread (Please don't self-promo here!)

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Introduce Yourself Thread

Postby Migeru-Sensei » March 25th, 2019, 1:20 pm

Hello everyone, Miguel here!
I love comics, japan, the 80's and pretty girls. Nice to meet u all!

I'm the author of Kur's Universe, a Sci-fi webcomic about a feckless girl who dreams of becoming a space adventurer.
Last edited by eishiya on March 25th, 2019, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't link to your comic here. You can use your signature for that.
Migeru-Sensei

Postby Blowflygirl » April 2nd, 2019, 4:04 am

im alexis!!!!!! i love drawing stupid stuff all the time!!!! nice to meet you all! :D
Blowflygirl

Postby atheletegear » April 8th, 2019, 11:07 am

my name is atheletegear from China.
atheletegear

Postby Macchiato! » April 8th, 2019, 7:38 pm

Hi There,

I'm Dante!
Macchiato!

Postby colinmooredraws » April 19th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Hi, I'm Colin! I'm an artist in Portland OR and I recently started a webcomic.......that I'm slowly working on setting up here. Currently it's on Tapas and Tumblr, but I'm not really satisfied with the formats or communities there. And format wise at least, Smackjeeves seems like the place for me! Once I strongarm one of the themes into looking right because I'm poor and can't afford to upload my own files just yet.

Anyway! River City is my comic. It's about a bunch of people who don't have their lives together at all trying to cope with falling into a plot to take down the city's biggest bad guy. It's even messier with the fact that it's a world where it's rather common to have special abilities and only one among them has such a talent. And he's something of a coward at that. It's a gritty neon noir-esque story, blending elements of action and drama. But mostly, it's about three friends trying to get through the day without something blowing up. Sometimes literally.

I'll post up links somewhere once I get it rolling here!
colinmooredraws

Postby Mordecai » April 19th, 2019, 7:59 pm

Hi there.
I'm Mordecai and it's nice to meet you all.
I'm new to making comics and I hope that I will have a great time here.
Thanks and see you later. :)
Mordecai

Postby Lutias Kokopelli » May 10th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Hi there! I'm Lutias Kokopelli, or Lutias, or Koko(pelli), or whatever you want. I've been drawing comics since I was five years old, but even though I started my first really serious fancomic almost one year ago, I still draw just as badly as always lmao
That being said, I'm a 21-year-old French girl who loves stories that have both realistic characters and an insane (but coherent) plot with lots of mysteries and conspiracies or whatever, anything that will make you think things way too hard and question your life. If you're looking for examples, just look at shows like Steven Universe or Gravity Falls (I would mention Star vs the Forces of Evil possibly because the world-building is very interesting, but sadly the "realistic characters" part doesn't kick in until very, very late into the show -- at least in my opinion; even now, the only reason I'm interested in it at all is the underlaying mystery, not the characters by themselves).

Anyway, the main fancomic I'll be posting for now is Pythagorean Thoughts, a Gravity Falls fancomic I started on June 16 last year; I've been posting it on DeviantArt and tumblr for a while, but only today did I think that why not, maybe I could make a SJ account too, just because. Just like my tastes for shows, the main elements you'll find in this story (or at least, the ones I'm trying to use) are interesting characters that are pushed in directions the original show could not for various justified reasons, continuity (as in, borderline insane continuity), and mystery until a good part of the story -- unless, like the original GF community did, you're able to find all the foreshadowing and put the puzzle pieces together before the story actually spells out for you what really happened and/or will happen. All in all, PT is a Canon Divergence regarding the original show's timeline, and it's trying to give as similar an experience as the original show did (storytelling-wise) while taking its own direction due to, well, its plot literally being based on an alternate turn of events from the original show. Part of the mystery is for the readers to find out at which point in the show did the comic take a different direction, because of course the comic actually starts a few days to a few weeks after the real change occurred d:
Anyway. On the downside: I can't make any promises regarding the art's quality, but hopefully the plot will be worth reading by itself nonetheless x:

Anyway, it's nice meeting everyone here, and I hope I'll have enough free time to stick around besides just working on the comic ^^'
Lutias Kokopelli

Postby borzoiteeth » May 14th, 2019, 5:00 pm

Hello, I am ケLV. When not doing conservation or art education I do art steeped in transhumanism themes. Usually its designing mythological hybrids but sometimes I stumble into comics.

I have a small Tapas account and hoping to learn how to bring my work here too. And really, its about time I got an account. I read so many comics that only post here!
borzoiteeth

Postby BudgieGryphon » May 14th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Hello! Good to meet y’all.
I’m an artist who is still fairly new to digital. I’ve always loved to draw mythological creatures and Pokemon, and recently started a PMD webcomic whose story I’ve been developing for quite a while now. I’m also a bird nerd whose family has what we birdbrains call “chicken multiplication syndrome.”(Someone had better understand me here.) :lol:
Last edited by eishiya on May 14th, 2019, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't link to your comic here. You can use your signature for that.
BudgieGryphon

Postby EveVon » June 5th, 2019, 3:39 pm

Hi! I'm EveVon, and I'll be posting my very first comic 'Stories of the Spirit World' (SOTSW) :)
It's a supernatural mystery coming-of-age story about self-acceptance. More concretely, it's about young people (ranging from 10-30) who are all in some way involved in researching supernatural phenomena. Also, I like drawing nightmare fuel and using lots of funky colours, so there's lots of that too.

I really love writing stories, and I especially love mysterious, dreamlike stuff (Huge David Firth and Cool3DWorld fan here). I draw lots of inspiration of favorite anime shows such as Kaiba and Kino no Tabi, but I'm also very much in love with the more adventure-shounen style of setting up a story like Avatar the Last Airbender, FMAB etc.

Other hobbies are coding, cooking, and discovering new music to listen to B)

Anyway, hope to meet some cool comic artists here! :D
EveVon

Postby HolyGoldenCarter » June 6th, 2019, 2:51 pm

Hello, I'm HolyGoldenCarter!
Currently I'm in my 3rd year of college aiming for an Art degree. After I finish up at this college I'm going to another for an Animation degree!

I've wanted to be a Children's Book Writer and Animator since 2009, at the age of 11.
I love cartoons, comics, the color purple, animals (including humans), socializing, cooking, dancing, singing, writing, drawing, sewing, and going outside! Whenever I'm not working on my webcomic, I'm most likely doing something involving one of my many loves!

I joined this site to get my name out a little more and to have another site to post, since some people who've asked me about my webcomic (I work anywhere on it, whether that be home or public) aren't fond of DeviantArt. There are lots of other neat comics on here, and I'll definitely give them shots when I have the time ^w^
HolyGoldenCarter

Postby TheAwesomeK » June 7th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Hey! I'm Khaled Han! I love anime, action movies, cartoons, literature, writing, drawing, making memes and gaming!

I've always been interested in animation and art since I was little! I have been drawing comic strips and writing stories in my spare time since I could hold a pencil!

I'm creating the science fantasy action comedy manga Eric's Regular Adventure, my very first official webcomic which follows Eric Stallworth, a superhero in training who fights to work his way up the ranks of the legendary Multiversal Hero Association. 3 pages have been released so far.

I'm also creating Broken Joystick, a daily sketch comedy/parody strip that parodies numerous aspects of pop culture. 1 Broken Joystick strip is done so far.

I hope to collaborate with and meet some excellent comic artists on here!
TheAwesomeK

Postby taffycrows » June 7th, 2019, 4:48 pm

Hiya! I'm JJ and I'm aiming for my Ph.D. in microbiology/immunology, but in my time outside school I'm super passionate about art and storytelling! I've recently kicked off a comic full of fun and happy-go-lucky vibes about magic pink twins who have a lot in store for them when they meet someone who's—more or less—outta this world. You can start reading it here! I'm also excited to read comics by fellow artists and support their fantastic work!
taffycrows

Postby Firefly Jelly » June 7th, 2019, 5:52 pm

I'm Firefly Jelly. I'm from Detroit. I'm 47 years old and have been writing fiction and comics for decades. This is my first try doing a webcomic.
I spent 11 years working in Japan. My day job sees me running a small translation company. I also repair antique electronics, especially old tube radios. I recently restored a house.
Glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know you all!
Firefly Jelly

Postby Hockey Webcomics » June 22nd, 2019, 1:35 am

Uh, hello. I'm the extra skater and I'm not exactly new here. I actually have another account which I haven't used for the forum so far. I did another account (this one) to upload a different stuff to Smack Jeeves and this is the account I'll be using the forum.
the extra skater
Hockey Webcomics

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion