Welcome to the Smack Jeeves Forums! These forums exist to provide the Smack Jeeves community with a place to connect and discuss all kinds of topics. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate. All we ask is that you please read these rules and abide by them.
Last Update: May 12, 2009 - Rule changes will highlighted in red in the future.
- 1.1) Respect others. Please treat others positively and with respect. Rudeness, insults, and personal attacks will not be tolerated. This includes retaliation.
1.2) Be appropriate. This is a family-friendly forum. Please refrain from all vulgarity and inappropriate discussion.
1.3) Do not spam. We encourage you to make meaningful contributions to the community. The creation of meaningless threads and excessive nonsensical or one-liner posts will not be tolerated.
1.4) Respect the law. Discussion of illegal activities including piracy and other intellectual property violations is not allowed.
1.5) Use the report button. If you see someone breaking the rules, please report that post to the moderators. Do not speak on behalf of a moderator or try to enforce the rules yourself.
- Members who break the rules will be warned or banned, depending on what the moderator believes is the appropriate punishment.
- Members can be warned a maximum of three times. A serious offense may result in a ban before any warnings have been given. Members who accumulate three warnings will be banned upon the third warning.
- The length of a ban can range anywhere from a few days to being permanent, depending on the moderator's decision.
- Individual warnings expire after 90 days, meaning they are erased from your record after that time has passed. This only affects members who have warnings but have not been permanently banned.
- Many of the subforums have their own specific set of rules and guidelines for posting. Before posting somewhere new, please check for and read the rules for that board or section of the forum.
- 2.1) Post in the appropriate forum. When creating new threads, make sure you're posting in the most appropriate forum for your topic.
2.2) Use a descriptive title. When making a new topic, make sure the subject clearly states what the thread is about. Example: "How do I upload comics?" Do not use vague or generic titles like, "woahhhh" or "HELP! ANYBODY??"
2.3) Do not make multiple posts. Do not post a new topic and then re-post your topic again in other forums. Also, we ask that you refrain from double-posting: making multiple posts in-a-row in the same topic.
2.4) Avoid posting in really old threads. With the exception of help/bug/suggestion topics, old threads typically aren't worth bringing back to life. If you have something relevant to add, it's okay, but just saying "I agree," or rehashing past posts isn't okay, and will probably annoy other members.
2.5) Do not embed huge images. Images over 700x700 pixels must be linked to instead of directly embedded.
- The total size of your signature, including all images and text, may not exceed 200px tall by 700px wide.