Inactive Comics and Comic Names

Topics that have been resolved and may be useful but do not fit into the knowledge base - either they're too specific, or they're duplicate questions.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

Inactive Comics and Comic Names

Postby kmarwx » April 22nd, 2014, 1:50 pm

A few days ago, I was trying to register a new comic under the name "Venture". The comic name was taken, and looking at the profile of the comic with that name, it hadn't updated for years. I sent in a message about its inactivity, but still haven't received any feedback. About how long does it normally take for a comic to be reviewed for inactivity, and is there a better way to go about flagging inactive comics with names I want to use?
kmarwx

Re: Inactive Comics and Comic Names

Postby eishiya » April 22nd, 2014, 9:02 pm

SJ does not have a policy about inactive comics, as far as I know. If the comic has never updated, or if the author hasn't been online in years and the comic gets no views at all, then you might have a chance. Admin's generally very understanding about these things, but the flipside is he's considerate of the other person too.

Also, it may be a while until you get a response, be ready to wait D:
eishiya

Re: Inactive Comics and Comic Names

Postby kmarwx » April 22nd, 2014, 9:13 pm

eishiya wrote:SJ does not have a policy about inactive comics, as far as I know. If the comic has never updated, or if the author hasn't been online in years and the comic gets no views at all, then you might have a chance. Admin's generally very understanding about these things, but the flipside is he's considerate of the other person too.

Also, it may be a while until you get a response, be ready to wait D:

Ok, thanks for the info. I just wanted some clarification on how this sort of situation was handled. You can go ahead and lock this thread if needed.
kmarwx

Return to Resolved Topics