Can't change release date for pages

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Can't change release date for pages

Postby PDoogan » September 27th, 2018, 7:33 am

I decided to add a new comic page today, which I wanted to be released on October 7th. When I went to the add comics page, I was greeted wit this fancy new UI, (which I honestly like better then the old one bc of the built in calendar)Image

Everything seemed fine, but when I went to submit the page and check my work, the release date had defaulted to today, at the current time. I thought maybe I had made a mistake, so I deleted it and uploaded again but with the same result.

It would appear the same thing seems to be happening with the "Edit comic" option. If you try to change the date of an already uploaded page, the change won't persist after you press submit. The "add multiple pages" option seems unaffected.
PDoogan

Re: Can't change release date for pages

Postby eishiya » September 27th, 2018, 8:19 am

I just tested it and it works for me o:
However, I found a different problem: when editing the page, for some reason the time set itself to an hour ahead of where it originally was. Every time I edit the page, it sets the time to another hour ahead, and I'd have to change it. I'm an hour ahead of SJ's server time - is it perhaps accidentally misinterpreting time zones?

Back to the original issue: What web browser are you using (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc)? Can you enable the console/inspector (F12 in most browsers), go to the console tab, and see if you get any error messages upon loading the upload/edit page and upon posting/updating? It might be that the time isn't getting through to the server for some reason.
I'd normally ask "do you have JavaScript enabled", but the calendar requires JavaScript just to appear, and it looks like all the relevant scripts are stored on the same domain, so that shouldn't be a problem.
eishiya

Postby PDoogan » September 27th, 2018, 8:55 am

Well, I can't seem to replicate the problem anymore. Perhaps it was just a glitch in my browser? I couldn't seem to get Firefox's console to work on the "edit" page, possibly because it was opening in a separate window (not sure, I've never used that feature before)

Seems fixed for now, but if I encounter it again I'll try to get some more data.

But incidentally, I did notice that other glitch that you mentioned with the time skipping an hour ahead of the set time. I guess this wasn't a complete waste :P
PDoogan

Postby Levelz » September 27th, 2018, 11:59 am

eishiya wrote:However, I found a different problem: when editing the page, for some reason the time set itself to an hour ahead of where it originally was. Every time I edit the page, it sets the time to another hour ahead, and I'd have to change it.

I'm having this issue as well and if I try to set it differently it just jumps to the next day. So I either wait 1 hour or 24.
Levelz

Postby Admin » September 27th, 2018, 3:35 pm

Sorry about that, guys. Should be fixed now. Thanks for posting, let me know if there are any more issues.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby IDONTKNOWCORP » September 27th, 2018, 6:05 pm

Thanks was wondering about this! Also a big fan of the calendar add in
IDONTKNOWCORP

Postby youngcannibals » September 27th, 2018, 8:01 pm

I had this issue when I was using Safari as my browser. I was able to update for tomorrow while using Firefox.
youngcannibals

Postby Admin » September 27th, 2018, 10:32 pm

youngcannibals wrote:I had this issue when I was using Safari as my browser. I was able to update for tomorrow while using Firefox.

I'll have to test on Safari, thanks for bringing that up.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shard » September 27th, 2018, 11:29 pm

Is this system going to be implemented for the 'add multiple pages' feature or are we stuck with the interface that we've got on there? Something like this would really help for people who have a "update on these days of the week" schedule that are going to be without a computer for an amount of time that requires them to use the upload multiple pages feature.
ImageImage
Shard

Postby eishiya » September 28th, 2018, 7:03 am

Shard wrote:Is this system going to be implemented for the 'add multiple pages' feature or are we stuck with the interface that we've got on there? Something like this would really help for people who have a "update on these days of the week" schedule that are going to be without a computer for an amount of time that requires them to use the upload multiple pages feature.

It will be, but later. The multi-uploder is getting some additional work, and all the upgrades will be rolled out at once :D
eishiya

Postby kidcthulhu » September 28th, 2018, 11:34 pm

I'm using Firefox and I'm currently getting the issue where it won't let me change the day of the release. I always upload one page at a time. I select the day I want with the new calendar aplet and it shows there, but after I hit "submit", it goes right back to today's date.

As it stands now, all of my comics for next week are going to launch tomorrow at 6:00am :(

EDIT: I deleted the pages and used the multipage upload for the first time. So at least my releases have the correct dates now.
kidcthulhu

Postby Admin » September 29th, 2018, 12:18 am

Sorry about that, was fixing one thing and accidentally broke another. Should be working again.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gigi19972010 » October 2nd, 2018, 9:20 pm

I'm still having this problem, using Chrome. Seeing as everyone reporting here was using Firefox I decided to see if there it would work, and it worked just fine. Neither were having problems with the time changing; in fact in Chrome I could change the time of the update just fine.

So yeah, this problem is still around in Google Chrome but is fixed in Firefox for sure; I'm not sure about the other browsers.
Gigi19972010

Postby Rhythm_BCA » October 2nd, 2018, 9:37 pm

I'm still having this issue on Firefox. This is what it looks like for me. I'm not sure why it's in Chinese or Japanese.

This happened with one I tried to upload on Sunday night for Monday morning.
Rhythm_BCA

Postby Admin » October 3rd, 2018, 12:31 pm

Rhythm_BCA wrote:I'm still having this issue on Firefox. This is what it looks like for me. I'm not sure why it's in Chinese or Japanese.

This happened with one I tried to upload on Sunday night for Monday morning.

That's pretty bizarre. If you press F12, can you show any and all error output?
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs & Glitches