How do you upload using a file from your computer?

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

How do you upload using a file from your computer?

Postby pixlyJolt » August 29th, 2019, 10:30 am

So, this is technically adding onto my old "How do you upload on a phone" topic, but since this is a little different, with the problem being file type uploading, how do you upload a file from your computer, if it's possible. Do any of you know how to possibly make an image from your computer a jpg or png w/o a website or app?

Edit: The only solution I have (I guess it would be two) is either putting the image into Google Drive, going on my iPad, retrieving the image from Drive, put it into the Photos App, & uploading the comic page from there, or, putting the image on a Google Doc, then doing the same steps again from retrieving it from that Google app.
pixlyJolt

Re: How do you upload using a file from your computer?

Postby eishiya » August 29th, 2019, 10:48 am

Are you trying to upload a comic page? You should be able to just browse for the file. The upload page is designed around uploading from a PC. Browse, select the file you want to upload, and submit.

I feel like I'm misunderstanding your question because the steps you described make no sense to me if all you want is to upload an image (whether to SJ or anywhere else).

If you're asking how to create a JPG or PNG on your computer from another image format without using an external website/app: any image editing software should do the trick! Photoshop, GIMP, Paint, anything like that.
eishiya

Postby pixlyJolt » August 29th, 2019, 11:12 am

So I'm trying to upload directly from my computer, but it says unsupported file type. I want to know how people like you upload so i can test it out & see if it works. Otherwise, I found out a better way than uploading from my ipad.
pixlyJolt

Postby eishiya » August 29th, 2019, 11:55 am

Ah, I see! That's a very different problem. What file type is it?
eishiya

Postby pixlyJolt » August 29th, 2019, 12:39 pm

eishiya wrote:Ah, I see! That's a very different problem. What file type is it?

Whatever Windows saves images as?..

I honestly have no idea
pixlyJolt

Postby eishiya » August 29th, 2019, 12:59 pm

Windows doesn't save images by itself. if you got it off a camera, then it's whatever format the camera saves the images in (usually JPG, but sometimes other formats). If you made it with an image editor, then it's whatever format you saved it in. If you are using an image editor, then you probably just need to select a different format when saving your images, there's typically a dropdown menu of formats you can export as.

Please check the file's extension for me? If you don't see an extension in the file name, you probably have file extensions hidden. You can enable file extensions to be shown in Windows by opening the File Explorer, clicking "View", and checking "File name extensions" in there.
eishiya

Postby kayotics » August 29th, 2019, 5:49 pm

Why don't you start from the beginning and explain how you're doing it currently so we can better understand the problem?

How are you making your page? Is it something you're scanning in or is it being made in a program? If you start there, then we can figure out the steps you need to take to upload it.
kayotics

Postby pixlyJolt » August 29th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Literally saving the image from google onto my computer, or making it from autodesk sketchbook or Paint 3D & saving it from there
pixlyJolt

Return to Bugs & Glitches