Comic not showing as updated

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Comic not showing as updated

Postby Gibson Twist » September 17th, 2009, 11:13 pm

The newest page of Pictures of You isn't showing as having posted the newest page on either my profile or in the comic list, and the number of comics hasn't changed, though the time of the comic's posting has passed and if you look at the comic profile here, it shows the new page in the previews. My main concern is whether notifications went out and whether it is showing up on Favorites lists, which I suspect it isn't since it hasn't shown up on the main list and there hasn't been the normal spike in visitors that usually comes right after the update.
Gibson Twist

Re: Comic not showing as updated

Postby Admin » September 17th, 2009, 11:57 pm

Strange... I fixed it manually, but it should have never happened in the first place. Keep an eye on this.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gibson Twist » September 18th, 2009, 12:01 am

Will definitely do. Many thanks.

Edit: The number of comics hasn't changed, though...can you tell if RSS notifications have gone out or if SJ Favorites lists have updated? I may delete the page and repost it to see if it happens again.
Gibson Twist

Postby Admin » September 18th, 2009, 12:11 am

Gibson Twist wrote:Will definitely do. Many thanks.

Edit: The number of comics hasn't changed, though...can you tell if RSS notifications have gone out or if SJ Favorites lists have updated? I may delete the page and repost it to see if it happens again.

Ah, I forgot to update everything. Did you delete and repost (looks like you did)? I just attempted to fix the statistics and RSS feeds for all comics just in case it happened to anyone else.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gibson Twist » September 18th, 2009, 12:19 am

I did delete and repost and it looks like everything is working the way it should. Profile updated, number of comics changed and the banner showed up on the front page. May have just been a weird burp. Ghosts in the machine. Thanks for the quick work, though.
Gibson Twist

Postby Asj » November 17th, 2009, 9:33 pm

The same thing happened to me. I put up a new comic Monday and everything seemed to work except the page count and last updated date. I thought I'd give it a little time but it wasn't fixing itself so I thought I'd look it up. I just now put up a double of the page, dated the same (that jumped the page count by two), and then deleted it, and it's fine now.
Was it just because of the site updating that day?
Asj

Return to Bugs & Glitches