My Comics Are Missing?

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

My Comics Are Missing?

Postby kcspice » May 9th, 2016, 4:28 pm

Hello
Three of my comics disappeared from my profile a couple hours ago for seemingly no reason. I didn't delete them and to my knowledge, wasn't hacked.
Help?
Last edited by kcspice on May 10th, 2016, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcspice

Re: My Comic Are Missing?

Postby Ionic Defibrillator » May 9th, 2016, 5:24 pm

Have you checked the "my webcomics" page? Maybe they got hidden from SJ by some co author by accident
Ionic Defibrillator

Postby kcspice » May 9th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Ionic Defibrillator wrote:Have you checked the "my webcomics" page? Maybe they got hidden from SJ by some co author by accident

I was the sole author on those comics, and they aren't under the "my webcomics" tab
kcspice

Postby Oly-RRR » May 9th, 2016, 9:59 pm

I have the same issue! I have two comics, the one I updated most recently is gone... :o
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby H0lyhandgrenade » May 9th, 2016, 10:28 pm

I seem to have it too, 'The Don't Tell Show' appears to be missing from my list =| Wut the wut? Fortunately in my case it's an old one, but I'm sorry for you guys losing yours )8
H0lyhandgrenade

Postby Admin » May 10th, 2016, 12:31 am

Hey guys,

Sorry about this, totally my fault. I wanted to purge all of the old inactive comics, and I may have been a little too broad with my criteria for what should get deleted.

The good news is that the deleted comics are recoverable. If you have a comic that got deleted and would like it back, please say so here so I can assess the damage.

EDIT: Yeah, I definitely screwed up. I'll start on the recovery first thing in the morning.

Thanks,
Dan
Admin
Site Admin

Postby kcspice » May 10th, 2016, 12:47 am

Admin wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry about this, totally my fault. I wanted to purge all of the old inactive comics, and I may have been a little too broad with my criteria for what should get deleted.

The good news is that the deleted comics are recoverable. If you have a comic that got deleted and would like it back, please say so here so I can assess the damage.

EDIT: Yeah, I definitely screwed up. I'll start on the recovery first thing in the morning.

Thanks,
Dan

KC Chronicles Book 5 - Crossroads
KC Chronicles Book 6 - Sins and Regrets
Carnage City

Thanks Mr. Captain Admin Sir!
kcspice

Postby Dr. Sonic the Hedgehog » May 10th, 2016, 10:25 am

I had mine removed it was the OLD Ghostbusters comic I had, but that one has died off - I do believe it was titled just - Ghostbusters
but I'm good it died anyway.

nevermind I have them I just needed to check my photoshop hard drive.
Dr. Sonic the Hedgehog

Postby lalaland » May 10th, 2016, 12:46 pm

Yeah, two of mine are gone too: "Drinking Perfume" and "The Forest". :[
Image Image
lalaland

Postby Oly-RRR » May 10th, 2016, 2:25 pm

Admin wrote:If you have a comic that got deleted and would like it back, please say so here so I can assess the damage.

Yup, I'd definitely like "Cop Story" back! :)
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby Admin » May 10th, 2016, 4:01 pm

Many deleted comics have been restored. If your comic wasn't restored, could you please provide some more information? Here's the criteria we use for determining whether a comic has been abandoned:

• Not a donator or premium comic
  • Was created over 2 years ago
  • Hasn't been updated in over 2 years
  • Has less than 5 pages
  • Is not marked as Completed or Hidden
  • Does not have "template" in the name

If you don't consider your comic to have been abandoned, can you make a justification as to why?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby kcspice » May 10th, 2016, 4:07 pm

Admin wrote:Many deleted comics have been restored. If your comic wasn't restored, could you please provide some more information? Here's the criteria we use for determining whether a comic has been abandoned:

• Has less than 5 pages

If you don't consider your comic to have been abandoned, can you make a justification as to why?

My comic "KC Chronicles Book 6- Sins and Regrets" was in "reboot preparation" meaning, I deleted the old pages and am currently in the process of creating new ones. If that could be restored, I would be most appreciative :D
kcspice

Postby lalaland » May 11th, 2016, 12:38 am

Admin wrote:Many deleted comics have been restored. If your comic wasn't restored, could you please provide some more information? Here's the criteria we use for determining whether a comic has been abandoned:

• Has less than 5 pages

Both Drinking Perfume and The Forest are in the process of having their pages drawn so that I can start them will a decent amount of buffer pages. Sadly, with school and a desire for a large buffer, it's been a slow process. There were no pages posted yet, so I'm not worried about that. But I coded layouts for both of them and I didn't save the code elsewhere. So I'd at least like them restored so I don't have to start from scratch again. :[
Image Image
lalaland

Re: My Comics Are Missing?

Postby Admin » May 11th, 2016, 12:07 pm

Ok, I've restored the comics people requested. If anyone else has one they need restored, let me know.

Thanks,
Dan
Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Comics Are Missing?

Postby lalaland » May 11th, 2016, 6:35 pm

Thank you very much! :D
Image Image
lalaland

Next

Return to Bugs & Glitches