My Comics Are Missing?

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Re: My Comics Are Missing?

Postby eishiya » May 11th, 2016, 6:49 pm

The take-away here is that everyone should "hide" any inactive comics they want to keep, which is a good idea in the first place :D
eishiya

Postby Exerkol » May 12th, 2016, 1:09 pm

Hi, if you could restore "Inside" that would be much appreciated. It currently has a buffer of comics that we were waiting to update with.
Exerkol

Postby rukan » May 17th, 2016, 2:30 am

two of my comics are also suddenly missing!
can i get them back!????
rukan

Postby eishiya » May 17th, 2016, 6:21 am

rukan wrote:two of my comics are also suddenly missing!
can i get them back!????

If you can specify which comics are missing and give a good reason as to why they should be back, yes. Please read the first page of the thread for information on why comics were removed.
eishiya

Postby rukan » May 17th, 2016, 12:35 pm

eishiya wrote:If you can specify which comics are missing and give a good reason as to why they should be back, yes. Please read the first page of the thread for information on why comics were removed.

one was called "sleepover" and one was "before breakfast"
"sleepover" was one of the very first comics i made...i don't even have them on my computer anymore so im very sad to see them go.. neither were finished but i still put effort into making them..
it's not cool to just delete people's work like that..at least you could have asked if we still wanted them and have us delete them ourselves if we didn't..
rukan

Postby Verteth » May 25th, 2016, 4:09 am

Hey, so my comics 'Grimoire', 'Tint', 'Devil's Detail', and 'Glaze' have been deleted.
Devil's Detail, and Tint are under rewrites so I took down some of the pages since there weren't any readers, Glaze was under development and ive been going through a lot of stuff so Grimoire was on hiatus.

could you bring them back please? thanks.
Verteth

Re: My Comic Are Missing?

Postby xLightsOutx » May 25th, 2016, 11:51 am

Admin wrote:Many deleted comics have been restored. If your comic wasn't restored, could you please provide some more information? Here's the criteria we use for determining whether a comic has been abandoned:

• Not a donator or premium comic
  • Was created over 2 years ago
  • Hasn't been updated in over 2 years
  • Has less than 5 pages
  • Is not marked as Completed or Hidden
  • Does not have "template" in the name

If you don't consider your comic to have been abandoned, can you make a justification as to why?

hi, can you please restore my comic "floor 13"?? i'm super sad that it's gone! i hadn't updated it in a very very long time but i am actually in the process of rewriting it and will be updating it fairly soon! i will mark it as hidden if you restore it. i honestly didn't even know i could hide comics or i would have marked it as such already. thanks and sorry for any inconvenience!!
xLightsOutx

Postby Jdz_Fallen_Angel » June 14th, 2016, 3:46 pm

Hi, I just logged in and noticed that my comic "Even Demons Dream" seems to have been deleted, and I'd like it to be restored if possible. I am in the process of rewriting and redoing the entire thing, as I feel that it was too amateurish and I have been busy with school for the most part. I would really love for it to be restored so I can continue working on it! Thank you.

Also, I will hide it when I can, I didn't realize that was even an option. Sorry!
Jdz_Fallen_Angel

Postby Admin » June 23rd, 2016, 9:24 pm

The requested comics have been restored.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JoKeR » July 9th, 2016, 5:19 pm

Not an entire comic but a page is missing ...(maybe more?)
http://katran.smackjeeves.com/comics/1910463/nirrod/ the picture isn't accessible.
I can re-upload it ...but if more pages are missing then it's getting bothersome. :?

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby eishiya » July 9th, 2016, 6:22 pm

JoKeRcologne wrote:Not an entire comic but a page is missing ...(maybe more?)
http://katran.smackjeeves.com/comics/1910463/nirrod/ the picture isn't accessible.
I can re-upload it ...but if more pages are missing then it's getting bothersome. :?

This is an unrelated issue. The problem is that the comic is hotlinking an image from Tumblr instead of uploading it to SJ, and Tumblr made the link inaccessible.
eishiya

Postby JoKeR » July 9th, 2016, 6:42 pm

eishiya wrote:
JoKeRcologne wrote:Not an entire comic but a page is missing ...(maybe more?)

This is an unrelated issue. The problem is that the comic is hotlinking an image from Tumblr instead of uploading it to SJ, and Tumblr made the link inaccessible.

Oh, now I remember ...thank you very much.
Then I'll upload it to SJ directly.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Rosen » August 5th, 2016, 1:09 am

I saw this was a thread to request comics back. This isn't my comic, but it was a comic I held dear to my heart, so much so that I've registered to try and get it back!
I was to request that a comic called' No Homo ' is returned, at first glance it might seem a bit ugly, but there is some great art and characters in there. Image
and the memes.

If I am mistaken and or it got removed by its creator (( i think it was a collab effort, but i'm sure there is someone behind it )) then ignore me! If they happen to read this though, please post it up somewhere ;; thank you.
Rosen

Postby eishiya » August 5th, 2016, 7:14 am

Rosen wrote:I saw this was a thread to request comics back. This isn't my comic, but it was a comic I held dear to my heart, so much so that I've registered to try and get it back!
I was to request that a comic called' No Homo ' is returned, at first glance it might seem a bit ugly, but there is some great art and characters in there. http://i.imgur.com/XlwKY6w.png
and the memes.

If I am mistaken and or it got removed by its creator (( i think it was a collab effort, but i'm sure there is someone behind it )) then ignore me! If they happen to read this though, please post it up somewhere ;; thank you.

This is a thread for when your own comics are removed by accident by being automatically misidentified as inactive (not hidden, only a few pages long, no recent updates). This purge had nothing to do with quality. From the sound of it, the comic you're talking wasn't accidentally deleted, it sounds like it had too many pages for that. If you want it back, you'll have to find a reader who saved it, or find the authors.
eishiya

Re: My Comic Are Missing?

Postby Solaria » September 7th, 2016, 5:49 am

Admin wrote:Many deleted comics have been restored. If your comic wasn't restored, could you please provide some more information? Here's the criteria we use for determining whether a comic has been abandoned:

• Not a donator or premium comic
  • Was created over 2 years ago
  • Hasn't been updated in over 2 years
  • Has less than 5 pages
  • Is not marked as Completed or Hidden
  • Does not have "template" in the name

If you don't consider your comic to have been abandoned, can you make a justification as to why?

Hey my comics were deleted, I just joined a webcomic course and wanted to show off my old things so I am really sad. I hope you could restore them?
Bubble Girl, Kimoyo and Solaria and Setsuna were their names, I am so sad if they are all gone forever as they were part of my history basically. :<
Solaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs & Glitches