Referral traffic blockage?

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Referral traffic blockage?

Postby Campion » May 15th, 2017, 11:53 pm

So I'm noticing that with both the 'mature' warning and also mobile browsing, referral data is being lost as these items take over control of the page, and in the case of the mature warning, before it hands off to the actual page. I'm not sure if this is a 'feature' or a bug, but it's a bit annoying, as this information is now lost to the ether. While it shouldn't effect things like advertising, it does effect the ability to find out where traffic is coming from.

Is this something you are experiencing too?
Campion

Re: Referral traffic blockage?

Postby eishiya » May 16th, 2017, 8:17 am

Referral information can't be passed from page to page like that as far as I know - when you click through a mature warning, you're coming to the next page from within the site, so of course there's not going to be an external referrer.
It used to be possible to customise your mature warning page so I was going to suggest adding your tracker there, but I can't seem to find that feature now.

Really, referrer tracking is something SJ itself should do, but every time I've suggested it, Admin has pointed to the fact that 3rd party analytics tools are an option. Perhaps the inability to have them on mobile and on mature warning pages might nudge them to add this as a feature to SJ.
eishiya

Postby Campion » May 16th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Funny enough, Google has changed their analytics as well. I hadn't look at those metrics in a while, and well, there was nothing to report for a long time. I fixed that right quick. I'm getting a lot more data now. Live data, at that.
Campion

Postby Admin » May 24th, 2017, 6:54 pm

In the case of the Mature warning, one thing you can do is use the Custom Mature Warning Landing Page, which incidentally, I had accidentally removed when updating some code a little while ago, and now it is back on the Manage Comic screen.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Campion » May 24th, 2017, 8:38 pm

Excellent! Now to see if I can get someone to help me with all this. I learning enough to understand and edit CSS, but building it is still above me.

As for the {ACCEPT_URL} and {REJECT_URL}, I know that I don't have to use them and point to whatever I wish, but where do they point to?

Also, wouldn't this warning page template be better grouped with the other pages?

(As a side note, would it be possible to include a "preview" function so that we can make edits without affecting the live pages?)
Campion

Return to Bugs & Glitches