Viewer Statistics Chart Not Showing

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Viewer Statistics Chart Not Showing

Postby mckee11223 » June 2nd, 2017, 4:16 pm

In the manage section of my comic, the viewer statistics chart hasn't been showing for the last few days. There is simply an empty space the same size as the supposed chart where the chart is supposed to be. The word and comments statistics still show relatively properly.
It's not wifi, because everything else loads perfectly. I'm viewing the management section on my PC, which has always shown the chart up until a few days ago. I can't remember if it directly correlates to the overall site template change.
How can I fix this problem/see my stats chart again?
mckee11223

Re: Viewer Statistics Chart Not Showing

Postby eishiya » June 2nd, 2017, 7:33 pm

It still works for me, so there's probably some other cause. Have you recently updated or switched your web browser? Are JavaScript and Flash enabled in your browser? Some browsers disable Flash by default.

What sort of blank space are you seeing? Is there any sort of placeholder, is it an empty area, or just missing, without any blank space for it? Could you perhaps post a screenshot?
eishiya

Postby mckee11223 » June 4th, 2017, 9:35 am

Here is what it looks like right now on Firefox, and has looked like for a while. The page is completely loaded.

Oh wait. I just tried it in IE, and the chart shows.

Firefox is still not showing, though. I've disabled all privacy settings and blocks and add-ons. Is this just a Firefox thing?
mckee11223

Postby cookyroach » June 4th, 2017, 10:44 am

Doesn't work in firefox for me either (but works in chrome). Maybe flash is outdated so firefox blocks it? You could try installing the latest version, or maybe start using IE ;P
cookyroach

Postby eishiya » June 4th, 2017, 11:15 am

It works in Firefox for me, but requires enabling Flash, same as it has for a long time:

Make sure you have the Flash plugin in Firefox, and that it's set to Ask to Activate or Always Activate, not Never Activate.
eishiya

Postby DarkwingDork » June 19th, 2017, 8:42 am

Okay, I've tried three different browsers at this point, all of them are not generating the chart. And unlike mckee11223's screen, mine isn't even generating the space where the chart is supposed to be. "Monthly Page Views" is directly under the Monthly Traffic section divider.
DarkwingDork

Postby thexeternal » June 19th, 2017, 10:29 pm

DarkwingDork wrote:Okay, I've tried three different browsers at this point, all of them are not generating the chart. And unlike mckee11223's screen, mine isn't even generating the space where the chart is supposed to be. "Monthly Page Views" is directly under the Monthly Traffic section divider.

This is exactly the issue happening for me, too. I'm using Chrome.

Of course, maybe it's that there's no info to show lol
thexeternal

Postby Admin » June 19th, 2017, 11:28 pm

If the chart isn't showing, it's because Flash is being blocked. I'll see if I can replicate the graph using HTML instead of Flash, but it will take me some time.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby ninaqueenbee » July 2nd, 2017, 2:32 pm

Hello,

I don't know if the admins were able to fix the issue, but it started happening to me a few days ago... Except it's a little different for me. Nothing shows up at all! Until a few days ago it worked perfectly fine but now there's nothing where the chart should be, how can I fix this issue?
ninaqueenbee

Postby Candralar » July 2nd, 2017, 10:12 pm

The same thing is happening for me too. Up until a few days ago everything worked perfectly, but now the daily/monthly graph has just disappeared from the statistics page.
Candralar

Postby eishiya » July 2nd, 2017, 10:44 pm

Those for whom the chart isn't showing:
Has your web browser updated recently?
Have you checked to make sure that Flash is enabled in your browser? Since Flash is losing support, many browsers disable it by default, including when it was previously enabled by the user.
Have you checked that your ad blockers and script blockers allow Flash on Smackjeeves? Ad blockers may auto-update their blocklists, and these might include elements that happen to be non-ads on some sites.

Hopefully Admin can put together a Flash-free alternative to the graph though. This seems like something doable with just HTML and CSS.
eishiya

Postby ninaqueenbee » July 3rd, 2017, 6:38 am

eishiya wrote:Those for whom the chart isn't showing:
Has your web browser updated recently?
Have you checked to make sure that Flash is enabled in your browser? Since Flash is losing support, many browsers disable it by default, including when it was previously enabled by the user.
Have you checked that your ad blockers and script blockers allow Flash on Smackjeeves? Ad blockers may auto-update their blocklists, and these might include elements that happen to be non-ads on some sites.

Hopefully Admin can put together a Flash-free alternative to the graph though. This seems like something doable with just HTML and CSS.

Chrome is up to date, and I have flash enabled. To be sure I added smackjeeves among the "consent" websites for flash even though flash should work on all websites, and now it works! I don't have adblock on for smackjeeves so maybe there's something odd with how the chart is read, but now all is good! Thank you
ninaqueenbee

Return to Bugs & Glitches